ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

OBC NCL - parents state government employees

Hello everyone,
This issue has been bugging me for quite sometime and wanted to get this clarified once and for all. Please take some time out and help me with this.
Both of my parents are state government employees in Andhra pradesh. My father is a teacher and my mother works in Planning department. Both of my parents doesn't fall under class I/II (A/B) employees. However their combined salary exceeds the income limit mentioned for the OBC non creamy layer criteria. My caste falls under OBC.
We don't have any other source of income apart from salaries.
Do I fall under OBC NCL?
An amateur practices until they can play it correctly, a professional practices until they can't play it incorrectly

Comments

• You are an OBC NCL.

In case parents are in govt job, only grade is considered and not salary.
    And since, both of your parents are not even Grade B employees, you are an OBC NCL without a doubt.
  • abhi44 said:

You are an OBC NCL.

In case parents are in govt job, only grade is considered and not salary.
    And since, both of your parents are not even Grade B employees, you are an OBC NCL without a doubt.

Thanks for the reply
    An amateur practices until they can play it correctly, a professional practices until they can't play it incorrectly
  • Guys can anyone plz share post wise vacancy breakup for CSE 2017....need urgently...thnxx in advance
  • edited May 20
    If your parents are included in the creamy layer on the basis of service status of their parents, you shall be treated in creamy layer even your parents are class iii/iv employees
  • falcon007 said:

Hello everyone,
    This issue has been bugging me for quite sometime and wanted to get this clarified once and for all. Please take some time out and help me with this.
    Both of my parents are state government employees in Andhra pradesh. My father is a teacher and my mother works in Planning department. Both of my parents doesn't fall under class I/II (A/B) employees. However their combined salary exceeds the income limit mentioned for the OBC non creamy layer criteria. My caste falls under OBC.
    Do I fall under OBC NCL?

You will fall under obc category.

Parents of the candidate should not be class1 before 40years of age. That's it. Only that income other than SALARY and AGRICULTURAL income should not be more than the limit. In other words one will fall under obc even if gross salary and Agri income put together or independently is more than the limit. Income from sources other than these two should not be more than the limit.

If parents are class 1 before 40, children will not have obc benefits even if income is less than the limit. This condition mostly applies to children of retired class1 officials.
  • If your parents are included in the creamy layer on the basis of service status of their parents, you shall be treated in creamy layer even your parents are class iii/iv employees

Can you please elaborate on what exactly you meant by service status?
  • RaufNa said:

falcon007 said:

Hello everyone,
    Do I fall under OBC NCL?

You will fall under obc category.

Parents of the candidate should not be class1 before 40years of age. That's it. Only that income other than SALARY and AGRICULTURAL income should not be more than the limit. In other words one will fall under obc even if gross salary and Agri income put together or independently is more than the limit. Income from sources other than these two should not be more than the limit.

If parents are class 1 before 40, children will not have obc benefits even if income is less than the limit. This condition mostly applies to children of retired class1 officials.
    Thanks for the reply
  • edited May 21
    By service status I meant type of govt service the person holds whether constitution post or others(whether group A,B or C,D).
    What I meant to say is that if your grandfather/grandmother belongs/belonged to class A/B category then your parents belonged to creamy layer based on that and then you can’t claim non-creamy status even your parents are group C/D category
  • By service status I meant type of govt service the person holds whether constitution post or others(whether group A,B or C,D).
    What I meant to say is that if your grandfather/grandmother belongs/belonged to class A/B category then your parents belonged to creamy layer based on that and then you can’t claim non-creamy status even your parents are group C/D category

I don't think that's what the act says.

Can you please quote the section in the obc act where this clause is mentioned?
  • Page 25 note 2
    pdf
    pdf
    Creamy layer criterion.pdf
  • Page 25 note 2

You have misinterpreted the Clause.
    It means if someone's parents are a Group I employee /promoted to Grp I before 40 years of age, their sons/daughters will continue to be in creamy layer even after they have retired.

For example, daughter of an IAS officer comes in creamy layer. She will continue to remain in creamy layer even after her IAS father has retired.
  • Ok thanks for clarifying and correcting me
  • edited May 31
    My father is officer through bihar administrative services and has never been promted his name shows in basic grade officer on genral administration website am i eligible ?
    my mom is homemaker .. and is there any specific criteria which decide grade a b c ...
  • Your father must be a grade b officer. Just ask your father once.
    As you said he has never been promoted, I am assuming your father has crossed the age of 40.

In that case, you are eligible for OBC Non-Creamy layer.

Necessary criteria- should not have been promoted to grade A before the age of 40.
  • edited June 6
    My father was a class 3 officer when he joined Maharashtra state service. He while retiring was a class 1 officer ( i guess he became class 1 before 40). Am i eligible to claim reservation under obc category?
    In the notification i read that if your father was a class 2 and promoted to class 1 before 40 you cannot claim reservation. But my father was a class 3
    Please help
  • My dad is a Sub Inspector of Police and My mom is a teacher.. Do someone please clarify, will these jobs be considered for obc ?? will they see the annual income while getting obc certificate ??

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • My father was a class 3 officer when he joined Maharashtra state service. He while retiring was a class 1 officer ( i guess he became class 1 before 40). Am i eligible to claim reservation under obc category?
    In the notification i read that if your father was a class 2 and promoted to class 1 before 40 you cannot claim reservation. But my father was a class 3
    Please help

Was your father promoted to class 2 and then to class 1 post before the age of 40?
  • My dad is a Sub Inspector of Police and My mom is a teacher.. Do someone please clarify, will these jobs be considered for obc ?? will they see the annual income while getting obc certificate ??

I think sub-inspector is a class 2/3 post and tracher is a class 3 post. So, you will be eligible for OBC- NCL.

Just confirm the grade/class your parents belong to.
  • abhi44 said:

My dad is a Sub Inspector of Police and My mom is a teacher.. Do someone please clarify, will these jobs be considered for obc ?? will they see the annual income while getting obc certificate ??

I think sub-inspector is a class 2/3 post and tracher is a class 3 post. So, you will be eligible for OBC- NCL.

Just confirm the grade/class your parents belong to.

thank you bro

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • abhi44 said:

My father was a class 3 officer when he joined Maharashtra state service. He while retiring was a class 1 officer ( i guess he became class 1 before 40). Am i eligible to claim reservation under obc category?
    Please help

Was your father promoted to class 2 and then to class 1 post before the age of 40?
    @abhi44 yes
  • abhi44 said:

Please help

@abhi44 yes
    If your father was promoted from group B to group A before the age of 40, then you will not a an OBC-NCL.

BTW, it's kind of unbelievable that your father got promoted from group C to B to A withing a span of 15-18 years. Do confirm once again.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog