MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY   FRESH BATCH BEGINS WITH FREE SEMINAR:5TH JAN'19 @ 11 AM
MITRASIAS: 39 PUSA ROAD SAMAYAK TOWER OPP. METRO PILLAR 120
Further Details Please Call us: 01145505509

2017 prelims answer keys realeased

1. IVC - no evidence of horse
2. right to vote - constitutional right
pdf
pdf
Anskey-CSP-17-GS-I.pdf

Comments

• Wow. I cant f***ing believe it. :D

If horse was not present, what the f**k are these doing in national museum, delhi? Like seriously?

http://museumsofindia.gov.in/repository/record/nat_del-DK-4732-237-10788
    http://museumsofindia.gov.in/repository/record/nat_del-LM-17977-10838

From what those who attended SC hearing on prelims petition told, it seems that the court was on the opinion that it was legal right (in arguments).

Thank you for spoiling one year. Thank you from the bottom of the heart!
    hmm
  • Scored 98 in pre, Obc cutoff 102.xx. Both question I answered contrary to the UPSC answer. FeelsFkingBadman
  • Set C, Q 46, UPSC Answer is C.

Which of the following practices can help in water conservation in agriculture?
    1. reduced or zero tillage of the land.
    2. applying gypsum before irrigating the field.
    3. allowing crop residue to remain in the field.

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only
    C. 1 and 3 only (UPSC KEY)
    D. 1, 2 and 3 (Should have been the answer)

Thank you for letting me know that gypsum doesnt help in water conservation. Thanks a lot (Sarcasm)
    hmm
  • Whaaaat theee hellll !!
    I want to say a lot....but aaab kya he hooo sakta hai....
    :(
    'Believe'

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Thank you for letting me know that gypsum doesnt help in water conservation. Thanks a lot (Sarcasm)

Seriously...it neans we r studying completely wrong things in ncert
    all i need is You Lord
  • He's back! The Harappa horse. :mrgreen:

unnamed.gif
    250 x 271 - 213K
  • edited May 15
    aaaaaaaand i got 5.33 less than what i marked according to upsc's key!!!

WOW.

I have cross checked three or four times on the OMR whether i have marked those options.

I wish they provided OMR through RTI
    hmm
  • aaaaaaaand i got 5.33 less than what i marked according to upsc's key!!!

WOW.

I have cross checked three or four times on the OMR whether i have marked those options.

error ho gaya ho

root note: Account suspended for posting obscene images

WOW.

error ho gaya ho
    i am sure merese nahi hua hai. I take at least last 5 to 10 mins to verify the OMR.
    Anyways, cant do shit now. Naseeb kharab hai.
    hmm
  • I failed by 1.2 marks and had marked horse found in ivc.. F*** o** ..spoilt my one year !!!
    | History Optional |
  • failed by 0.33 marks ,,,obc102.marks,,, right to vote legal right ,,,,horses found in ivc ...gypsum help in retaining water

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

I scored 102.00 while cutoff was 102.66. i had also marked D in this question. What we shud do now. I lost 2.66 marks. ans is D i am sure here is the link http://glacierlandrcd.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Gypsum-Literature-Final-2-24-151.pdf

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

I scored 102.00 while cutoff was 102.66. i had also marked D in this question. What we shud do now. I lost 2.66 marks. ans is D i am sure here is the link http://glacierlandrcd.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Gypsum-Literature-Final-2-24-151.pdf
    Cant do anything now, other punching the wall and breaking our fingers in anger.

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

even this question went against me !!! this shows sometimes luck and god (upsc) should be on our side.
    | History Optional |
  • sasaram said:

failed by 0.33 marks ,,,obc102.marks,,, right to vote legal right ,,,,horses found in ivc ...gypsum help in retaining water

Horse is found in IVC. This question has been asked several times in UPPCS. Where commission has considered that horse eveidence was there.
    And right to vote is a legal rightbaccording to Subhash Kashyap. Our parliament book.
  • pizzza said:

Set C, Q 46, UPSC Answer is C.

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Cant do anything now, other punching the wall and breaking our fingers in anger.
    Consider the following in
    respect of ‘National Career
    Services’:
    1. National Career Service is
    an initiative of the
    Department of Personnel
    and Training, Government of
    India.
    2. National Career Service
    has been launched in a
    Mission Mode to improve
    the employment
    opportunities to uneducated
    youth of the country.
    Which of the above
    statements is/are correct?
    (a) 1 only
    (b) 2 only
    (c) Both 1 and 2
    (d) Neither 1 nor 2

What about this ? upsc says D...vision says B
  • pizzza said:

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Services’:
    an initiative of the
    Department of Personnel
    India.
    has been launched in a
    Mission Mode to improve
    the employment
    youth of the country.
    Which of the above
    (a) 1 only
    (b) 2 only
    (c) Both 1 and 2
    (d) Neither 1 nor 2

In this question upsc is right.
  • pizzza said:

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Services’:
    an initiative of the
    Department of Personnel
    India.
    has been launched in a
    Mission Mode to improve
    the employment
    youth of the country.
    Which of the above
    (a) 1 only
    (b) 2 only
    (c) Both 1 and 2
    (d) Neither 1 nor 2

No idea bro, even i marked B, uneducated and educated youth god knows what it is.
    Those who made last year ques paper are the idiots of highest order and i hope that some day their kids also answer such questions in exam.
  • dpagarwal said:

sasaram said:

failed by 0.33 marks ,,,obc102.marks,,, right to vote legal right ,,,,horses found in ivc ...gypsum help in retaining water

Horse is found in IVC. This question has been asked several times in UPPCS. Where commission has considered that horse eveidence was there.
    And right to vote is a legal rightbaccording to Subhash Kashyap. Our parliament book.
    https://thediplomat.com/2016/08/when-history-gets-political-indias-grand-aryan-debate-and-the-indus-valley-civilization/
    E97B19D9-99ED-47DB-8F0C-D7FF55FC0794.jpeg
    2048 x 812 - 923K

WOW.

This is what I told earlier

PS: I suspect UPSC tweak aspirants prelims marks (those who cleared with last cutoff and who missed in points) to match with the results.

2018 Lottery round :#
    Lucky enough to get out of this shit >:)
  • pizzza said:

pizzza said:

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Services’:
    an initiative of the
    Department of Personnel
    India.
    has been launched in a
    Mission Mode to improve
    the employment
    youth of the country.
    Which of the above
    (a) 1 only
    (b) 2 only
    (c) Both 1 and 2
    (d) Neither 1 nor 2

No idea bro, even i marked B, uneducated and educated youth god knows what it is.
    Those who made last year ques paper are the idiots of highest order and i hope that some day their kids also answer such questions in exam.
    career service is for educated youth of the country.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • dpagarwal said:

pizzza said:

A. 1 and 2 only
    B. 3 only

Services’:
    an initiative of the
    Department of Personnel
    India.
    has been launched in a
    Mission Mode to improve
    the employment
    youth of the country.
    Which of the above
    (a) 1 only
    (b) 2 only
    (c) Both 1 and 2
    (d) Neither 1 nor 2

In this question upsc is right.
    Yes D correct
    2018 Lottery round :#
    Lucky enough to get out of this shit >:)
  • The only takeaway is to keep a safe margin of 3-4 questions and always aim to get 120 or more, just to be safe and prepare for mains without worry.
    UPSC doesn't even put in 1% of the effort that the aspirants do while setting the question paper.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 5; Mains - 3*; Interview - 1; Rank - NA.
  • Platoon said:

dpagarwal said:

sasaram said:

https://thediplomat.com/2016/08/when-history-gets-political-indias-grand-aryan-debate-and-the-indus-valley-civilization/

Screenshot_2018-05-15-20-11-49-636_com.android.chrome.png
    1080 x 1920 - 397K

WOW.

@phoebetonkin bhai they provide omr sheets through rti. I got mine in the past. Do apply.
    उम्र ए दराज मांग कर लाए थे चार दिन,
    दो आरजू में कट गए दो इन्तेजार में..
  • dpagarwal said:

Platoon said:

dpagarwal said:

sasaram said:

it aint horse but wild ass.....nowadays kickheads maintain these websites they write things on web without verifying the facts.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • National Career Service (NCS) also offers a variety of other services like information on skill development courses, apprenticeship, internship, career counselling, etc. free of costs to the beneficiaries. The portal also make available, information on local service providers to household and other consumers, say for services like driving, plumbing, carpentry, etc

root note: Account suspended for posting obscene images
  • National Career Service (NCS) also offers a variety of other services like information on skill development courses, apprenticeship, internship, career counselling, etc. free of costs to the beneficiaries. The portal also make available, information on local service providers to household and other consumers, say for services like driving, plumbing, carpentry, etc

seeing you comment something against upsc for the 1st time :joy:
  • IMO there is a difference between "evidence of horse " and " evidence of people having been aware of horse "

Just take an example of western ghat.
    we are still finding new species every year and we may not have found all the species yet.

Suppose after 500 years our future generation finds remains of a species from western ghat. We may not have any idea of that species. So, evidence of species will be there. But there wont be any evidence of us being aware of that species.
  • IMO there is a difference between "evidence of horse " and " evidence of people having been aware of horse "

Just take an example of western ghat.
    we are still finding new species every year and we may not have found all the species yet.

Suppose after 500 years our future generation finds remains of a species from western ghat. We may not have any idea of that species. So, evidence of species will be there. But there wont be any evidence of us being aware of that species.

I hope you know how this question was set.
    Lifted verbatim from RS tripathi published in 1942.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog