MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY   FRESH BATCH BEGINS WITH FREE SEMINAR:5TH JAN'19 @ 11 AM
MITRASIAS: 39 PUSA ROAD SAMAYAK TOWER OPP. METRO PILLAR 120
Further Details Please Call us: 01145505509

[Interview preparation] Intelligence Bureau 2017

Hello People,
As the results for interview are out. Please let us come together and help each for interview prep.
| History Optional |

Comments

• Yes people plz gather here
  • What kind of questions are asked in ib interview?
    Executive officer MHA

• I had got selected in IB ACIO-II 2015 recruitment.

Let me know if I can be of some assistance to someone.

All the best.
  • edited May 15

I had got selected in IB ACIO-II 2015 recruitment.

Let me know if I can be of some assistance to someone.

All the best.

Hello sir!
    Can you please tell what they look for in the interview?
    What should we prepare on ?
    @Abhishek Singh1
    | History Optional |

• Wait

I may b posting a detailed write up on this interview addressing general queries.
    Then specific doubts can subsequently b taken up.
    May b in upcoming few days I will b posting it depending on availability of time from my hectic schedule.
    When z d interview ???
  • edited May 15

Wait

I may b posting a detailed write up on this interview addressing general queries.
    Then specific doubts can subsequently b taken up.
    May b in upcoming few days I will b posting it depending on availability of time from my hectic schedule.
    When z d interview ???

It will be very helpful :) thanks Sir.
    Interview starts from 28th
    | History Optional |
  • I don't know my interview date
  • It's going to start from this 28th may only..please come with a detailed strategy...and what if degree is not available as of now. @abhisheksingh1
    Officer at MHA
  • Koi inquiry hoti hai kya interview se pahle
    Officer at MHA
  • हमरा तो ससुर लॉगिन ही नही हो रहा है | सब विदेशी ताकतों की साज़िश है |
    Failed Engineer
    CSE 2017-Failed Prelims
    CSE 2018-Failing Prelims

तू स्वयं तेज भयकारी है, कर क्या सकती चिंगारी है
  • Login hona shuru ho chuka hai. AAKRAMAN!
    Failed Engineer
    CSE 2017-Failed Prelims
    CSE 2018-Failing Prelims

तू स्वयं तेज भयकारी है, कर क्या सकती चिंगारी है
  • can we fill form anytime before interview date or any deadline?
  • Got call letter on email
  • mine is on 6 june..anyone before me
    Officer (MHA)
  • Mine 14th
    Officer at MHA
  • June 1 , Bangalore
    | History Optional |

• Hi,

Wish u all the best for ur interview.

I wud focus rather on things which are SPECIFIC to IB ACIO II interview. All the general things which holds true for most of the interview, i guess u ppl might b knowing well. So lemme limit myself only to specific things for this interview.

The nature of this job requires a different kind of personality in an aspirant which is evaluated during ur personality test.

My written marks were just on the cut off boundary and many of my frnds having much more marks than me but cud not finally qualify reflects that I had fairly good marks in interview.
    Even I was very satisfied after interview with my performance as I had worked hard after not-so-good marks in Civil Services 2014 interview (only 157!!!!).

So I m just highlighting what is looked for during this interview.

3 members in each Board.
    1 from North East mandatory in every board.
    1 lady is always in the board.
    1 senior IPS is mostly the Chair person.

My interview lasted for around 20 minutes, a very lengthy one, many other candidates just 5-10 minutes.
    U will b sitting almost 2 meters away fron the straight table (not the U-shaped one that u hv in UPSC interview). So they will b observing every minute body movements of say lehs, hands, neck, face etc. So non-verbal communication will b thoroughly assessed.

1. Presence of mind

Perhaps the most important thing. As this job requires u to b handling many sensitive n secret activities so an aspirant need to hv high presence of mind.

2. Confidence

Secretive, challenging, n even risky nature of job do require confidence to face n handle any n every type of ppl.

3. Communication skill

Good flow, fluency n clear ability to convey ur thought holds the key. Bcz the job requires collection of information n intelligence, good communication holds the key.

4. Dedication for this job.

Since attrition rate is high so they want to select a serious n willing candidate who can stay for long n contribute positively, who has real desire n aptitude for this job and not opting it just as plan B for civil service preparation or secure a job as a mental cushion for ur civil services dream.

So its up to you to a great extent to convince the examiner abt ur serious intent.

5. General awareness n information base n ability to b able to keep updated with current happenings around you.

Do prepare current affairs for few days preceding interview properly.

My interview I remember was on 19th August 2015 and around that time Modi was on UAE visit. So I was asked deeply on that by an IPS in the Board.(Luckily I happened to have worked in Dubai for 2 years, so I handled it very thoroughly n confidently)

6. Knowledge on North-Eastern States n other sensitive border region like J&K and other general current affairs.

One member from N-E in every Board.

7. Convincing ability

The job requires u to convince ppl n extract information, interrogation etc so u sd b able to convince the Board abt anything u hv been asked or u hv answered.

8. Balanced personality

Do maintain ur composure n stay cool. Bcz this job requires u to face difficult people n situations so u just stay calm n balanced n don't succumb to pressure situation n tactics.

So this is what i cud recollect.
    May b its not exhaustive but covers most of the things.

Specific things can b asked in pm. I wud b answering ur queries in pm subject to availability of time. If someone hv urgent n specific doubt i can b reached on phone also. Number i will share with willing candidates in pm. But dnt flood my inbox with queries and pm me only as a last resort n not for trivial things.

My best wishes.

• Hi,

I wud focus rather on things which are SPECIFIC to IB ACIO II interview. All the general things which holds true for most of the interview, i guess u ppl might b knowing well. So lemme limit myself only to specific things for this interview.

The nature of this job requires a different kind of personality in an aspirant which is evaluated during ur personality test.

My written marks were just on the cut off boundary and many of my frnds having much more marks than me but cud not finally qualify reflects that I had fairly good marks in interview.
    Even I was very satisfied after interview with my performance as I had worked hard after not-so-good marks in Civil Services 2014 interview (only 157!!!!).

3 members in each Board.

My interview lasted for around 20 minutes, a very lengthy one, many other candidates just 5-10 minutes.
    U will b sitting almost 2 meters away fron the straight table (not the U-shaped one that u hv in UPSC interview). So they will b observing every minute body movements of say lehs, hands, neck, face etc. So non-verbal communication will b thoroughly assessed.

1. Presence of mind

Perhaps the most important thing. As this job requires u to b handling many sensitive n secret activities so an aspirant need to hv high presence of mind.

2. Confidence

Secretive, challenging, n even risky nature of job do require confidence to face n handle any n every type of ppl.

3. Communication skill

Good flow, fluency n clear ability to convey ur thought holds the key. Bcz the job requires collection of information n intelligence, good communication holds the key.

Since attrition rate is high so they want to select a serious n willing candidate who can stay for long n contribute positively, who has real desire n aptitude for this job and not opting it just as plan B for civil service preparation or secure a job as a mental cushion for ur civil services dream.

So its up to you to a great extent to convince the examiner abt ur serious intent.

5. General awareness n information base n ability to b able to keep updated with current happenings around you.

My interview I remember was on 19th August 2015 and around that time Modi was on UAE visit. So I was asked deeply on that by an IPS in the Board.(Luckily I happened to have worked in Dubai for 2 years, so I handled it very thoroughly n confidently)

6. Knowledge on North-Eastern States n other sensitive border region like J&K and other general current affairs.

7. Convincing ability

The job requires u to convince ppl n extract information, interrogation etc so u sd b able to convince the Board abt anything u hv been asked or u hv answered.

8. Balanced personality

Do maintain ur composure n stay cool. Bcz this job requires u to face difficult people n situations so u just stay calm n balanced n don't succumb to pressure situation n tactics.

Specific things can b asked in pm. I wud b answering ur queries in pm subject to availability of time. If someone hv urgent n specific doubt i can b reached on phone also. Number i will share with willing candidates in pm. But dnt flood my inbox with queries and pm me only as a last resort n not for trivial things.

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot..what is the dress code for girls in interview
  • Adineha said:

Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot..what is the dress code for girls in interview

Girls were mostly in Salwar or Saree. Some even in shirts pants but very few.

• Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot...
    Ek bar jara brief job profile...kaha kam karna pad sakta hai...perks and salary and promotion chances kya hai...plz
    Officer at MHA

• Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks alot ..cleared many doubts.
  • lexdelhi said:

Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot...
    Ek bar jara brief job profile...kaha kam karna pad sakta hai...perks and salary and promotion chances kya hai...plz
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-job-profile-of-an-Assistant-Central-Intelligence-Officer-ACIO-in-the-Intelligence-Bureau-IB-of-India-Is-this-job-meaningful-enough-to-have-satisfaction-at-the-end-of-the-day

Read first answer...all ur queries will be answered...
  • edited May 18
    lexdelhi said:

Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot...
    2nd yr salary & perk..perk is for IN CHARGE of a post

X.png
    490 x 314 - 22K
    Y.png
    278 x 247 - 5K
    X.png 21.9K
    Y.png 5.1K
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]

• Salary is handsome. It will not disappoint you, but the nature of job may.
    SSA was resumed after 7th CPC that made the salary even more attractive.

• The silver lining is that after 2 promotions the job is very cool and u wud like it. So whate the hardship, it's only in initial stage.

And by the way happiness in a job is the biggest myth of 21st century. No one is happy with their job. So try to find happiness in whatever u do. That's how it is.

• The silver lining is that after 2 promotions the job is very cool and u wud like it. So whate the hardship, it's only in initial stage.

And by the way happiness in a job is the biggest myth of 21st century. No one is happy with their job. So try to find happiness in whatever u do. That's how it is.

How much time for upsc prep during initial years?

Satya vachan
    | History Optional |
  • edited May 18
    While filling the attestation form, I just clicked on "next" after uploading the documents (except the NOC from employer, which I naively thought to upload later), the form got submitted. I am unable to change/alter again, as it shows submitted.
    I tried calling them, but they arent attending calls either. i have mailed them.What shall I do?
    the_indomitable_spirit

True...but aisa na ho ki koi shoot hi karde aur jindagi khatam...bas ye na ho to dekh lenge.. after all i am a villager and bear anything
    Officer at MHA
  • lexdelhi said:

Hi,

3 members in each Board.

1. Presence of mind

2. Confidence

3. Communication skill

7. Convincing ability

8. Balanced personality

My best wishes.

Thanks a lot...
    2nd yr salary & perk..perk is for IN CHARGE of a post

Bhai ye sach me acio ke liye hai? Can't believe for a job which is not even gazetted.
    Officer at MHA
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog