ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Happy Mother's Day

In the heat of preparation most of us neglect our social ties and stay cocooned in our homes or accos in coaching towns.

I also stayed anonymous for around 2.5 years thinking towing the popular line that it somehow assists in preparation. But I was wrong. Once I came out of the self imposed asylum and reworked my family, friendship and social ties, I realized that it is a support system instead of being a drag. Family and friends encourage you and catch if you fall.

And this thought was strengthened when recently my grandmother was lost to heavens. I realized how much I miss her and I could easily have interacted more with her during preparation years without affecting prep. Thus this odd thread.

------------------------

A very happy mother's day to all aspirants.

God bless your mother who gave birth to a fighter spirited soul. All the best for preparation. :smile:

@root @ForumIAS Can this thread be made an announcement just for today? Please.

Comments

• Good initiative @Indian_Cheetah.... Happy mother's day to all.... The biggest gift to mankind...
    When the going gets tough, the tough gets going :)
  • ecosia.org
  • This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.
  • IASS said:

This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.

So is every other festival.
    ecosia.org
  • edited May 13
    Sab bakwas hindustani ithihas mein mothers day naam ka kauchu nahi hai yeh sab angrezi thohar mana chodo dil se do izzat maa ko. Kitne dete hai dil se hum sab jaante hai

root note: Account suspended for posting obscene images
  • Happy mother's day to all forumites. Very relevant thread.... It matters.
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains*
  • Happy Mothers day ma :)
  • Happy mother's day to all.
    Hibernating for one month... Sweet autumn... Guardians of the Galaxy will be back... ;)
  • IASS said:

This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.

Is everyday Monday, or a full moon day, or Diwali or Christmas ??
    There will definitely be days on which you will be mad at your mum. But today you can show unbridled love and respect to her. For a reason.
    Hibernating for one month... Sweet autumn... Guardians of the Galaxy will be back... ;)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog