ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Need advice regarding career/further attempt

Hello Friends,
I need some advice regarding my career. I have been preparing for Civil Services since mid 2015 after quitting my job(worked close to three years). This year(2017-18) was my second attempt and second interview. I had expectations like everyone else who appeared for interview but shattered again. I have started my masters in my domain already this year. But I do not know why I am unable to find interest in my course. Maybe due to some kind of rewiring in my brain after studying for civil services :# . I joined masters because I was devastated after seeing the results last year. I was about to enter a state of clinical depression. I consulted a psychiatrist too and was under medication for sometime during 2017. All these thoughts came to me primarily due to the fear and regret that I have ruined my career by my decision to quit the job.

But now I feel that I should give another try as I have come so far and I also know which area I need improve for mains written(Interview is very dicey I believe). I found that people tried so hard and for so long after seeing the results few days back. I feel as if I am the loser who gave up probably too early and became an escapist.

Since I don’t want to sit idle but also want to give myself a fair chance should I join some coaching institutes? I can teach JEE/NEET students and also polity/economy/geography in GS as think I have good understanding in these subject areas. I have already completed the course for optional and GS so I do not need to have full time preparation.

On the other hand , I can complete my masters and start working in the technical domain(I can but I feel I do not want) and forget about civil services.
Please provide your valuable suggestions and any other path that I can follow.

(Excuse my English)

Comments

• Hello Friends,
    I need some advice regarding my career. I have been preparing for Civil Services since mid 2015 after quitting my job(worked close to three years). This year(2017-18) was my second attempt and second interview. I had expectations like everyone else who appeared for interview but shattered again. I have started my masters in my domain already this year. But I do not know why I am unable to find interest in my course. Maybe due to some kind of rewiring in my brain after studying for civil services :# . I joined masters because I was devastated after seeing the results last year. I was about to enter a state of clinical depression. I consulted a psychiatrist too and was under medication for sometime during 2017. All these thoughts came to me primarily due to the fear and regret that I have ruined my career by my decision to quit the job.

But now I feel that I should give another try as I have come so far and I also know which area I need improve for mains written(Interview is very dicey I believe). I found that people tried so hard and for so long after seeing the results few days back. I feel as if I am the loser who gave up probably too early and became an escapist.

Since I don’t want to sit idle but also want to give myself a fair chance should I join some coaching institutes? I can teach JEE/NEET students and also polity/economy/geography in GS as think I have good understanding in these subject areas. I have already completed the course for optional and GS so I do not need to have full time preparation.

On the other hand , I can complete my masters and start working in the technical domain(I can but I feel I do not want) and forget about civil services.
    Please provide your valuable suggestions and any other path that I can follow.

(Excuse my English)

Hell Yes!

Coaching Centres will drool on a twice interview faced guy.

Excused.
    ecosia.org
  • Hell Yes!

Excused.

Thanks!
    Just checked my mark-sheet. I scored low in GS as expected :( . Interview also proved to be a dampener(132) :'( .
    Any idea from where I can start?
    Will sending emails to coaching institutes with my resume and mark-sheets be of any significance in this regard?
  • Hell Yes!

Excused.

Thanks!
    Just checked my mark-sheet. I scored low in GS as expected :( . Interview also proved to be a dampener(132) :'( .
    Any idea from where I can start?
    Will sending emails to coaching institutes with my resume and mark-sheets be of any significance in this regard?
    http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/29284/info-desk-regarding-coaching-industry-career-transitionary-permanent/p1
    ecosia.org
  • @GoingLegal
    Thanks! :)
    & ATB!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog