ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Most Important Topics for Prelims 2018

13468913

Comments

  • Suraj95 said:

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    +23
    lord was correct
    what is the proof

  • @suraj95 bhai bas kar le. >:)
    रहो धर्म में धीर, रहो कर्म में वीर
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • Suraj95 said:

    Suraj95 said:

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    +23
    lord was correct
    what is the proof
    though the book krishna reddy for upsc (optional) has all questions (1993-2006)
    but cost benefit analysis is bad.
    in upsc we have to make some guesses as we are not abhimanyu
    we are quiet new to this preparation
    and we can clear pre by revision of
    ncert by rs sharma ,satish chandra ccrt,fine arts 11, rest from nitin singhania
    spectrum- history
    lakhmikant
    gc leong ncert (10.11) majid hussain (some portion) atlas (see map of se asia, west asia, some cuontries of europe)
    macroeconomic and some part of ramesh singh(8-15 chapters)
    eco survey
    iyb (2018)
    forest survey (study iq compilation)
    shankar ias last important chapters
    vision ias monthly magziane , ias parliament magziine , 365 of insight, pib of ias baba,govt schemes of shankar,insight , vision ias, international org of ias 4 sure
  • not so good
  • Suraj95 said:

    Suraj95 said:

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    +23
    lord was correct
    what is the proof
    suraj bhai focus on these books only
  • Suraj95 said:

    Suraj95 said:

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    +23
    lord was correct
    what is the proof
    suraj bhai focus on these books only
    ok

    Suraj95 said:

    Suraj95 said:

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    domino said:

    one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

    +23
    lord was correct
    what is the proof
    suraj bhai focus on these books only
    thik h bro bhut sari books bta di aapne wese koi 3 guide ni aati hn ias ke liye jee ki trh

  • @suraj95 bhai bas kar le. >:)

    ab Bahu ke adesh ko hum kese asweekaren....

  • Bhai Topics daalo yaar,
    Is thread ka prupose defeatmat karo.
    Thodi der mein I'll send from my side what seems important to me.
    Please make this useful Bhailog
    Humanity is above all.
  • Caliburn said:

    Bhai Topics daalo yaar,
    Is thread ka prupose defeatmat karo.
    Thodi der mein I'll send from my side what seems important to me.
    Please make this useful Bhailog

    +1
  • any one cleared gate here
    please tell urgent
  • Ancient history topic: both imp ancient west coast ports
    - read about Musirez ( Musiris) ancient port on west coast in Kerala.
    - there is also another port name - in GJ. ( someone mentioned in modafinil thread)
    -
  • edited April 29
    Various funds in environment section
    i)Global Environment Facility
    ii) Adaptation Fund
    iii) Special Climate Change Fund
    iv) Least Countries Development Fund
    v) Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency
    vi) Nagoya Protocol Implementation Fund
    vii) Forest Carbon Partnership Facility
    viii) Biocarbon Fund
    ix) Carbon Initiative for Development (CiDev)
  • here's the link to Topic-wise Preliminary Questions (Disha Publications) – Solved – (1995-2015)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YT1cLGimKqbDdRSDkwNE5NRFU/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Snowman said:

    here's the link to Topic-wise Preliminary Questions (Disha Publications) – Solved – (1995-2015)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1YT1cLGimKqbDdRSDkwNE5NRFU/view?usp=drivesdk

    thanks brother
  • vision open test 3 100 marks what will be rank?
  • vision open test 3 100 marks what will be rank?

    25000
  • vision open test 3 100 marks what will be rank?

    around 4k/25k
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    vision open test 3 100 marks what will be rank?

    around 4k/25k
    ok.thanks bhai
  • vision open test 3 100 marks what will be rank?

    25000
    ok
  • Hi All,

    This is the final FLT from RG for CSP-18:

    https://rankersguide.org/2018/04/30/full-length-test-2018-03/

    If you like our efforts please subscribe to the website and spread the word and do drop a feedback email.

    Regards
  • tyroamit said:

    Hi All,

    This is the final FLT from RG for CSP-18:

    https://rankersguide.org/2018/04/30/full-length-test-2018-03/

    If you like our efforts please subscribe to the website and spread the word and do drop a feedback email.

    Regards

    I found Rankers Guide test papers to be pretty good & most similar to those asked in UPSC, do you guys have monthly current affairs capsule?
  • CSAT bhi important topic samajh ke padh Lena bhaio.
    UPSC kum IQ walo ko aasani se clear karne nahi dega
  • amsc said:

    CSAT bhi important topic samajh ke padh Lena bhaio.
    UPSC kum IQ walo ko aasani se clear karne nahi dega

    me vision ka csat papers se bs passage solve krta hu usme avg 25 shi jaate he(9 paper lga chuka) , kya ye sufficient he mtlb totally passages pr dependent hu , math me soch rha hu engi kri he toh kuch qsn toh nikl lenge whi koi ractice ni kr rha inki
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    amsc said:

    CSAT bhi important topic samajh ke padh Lena bhaio.
    UPSC kum IQ walo ko aasani se clear karne nahi dega

    me vision ka csat papers se bs passage solve krta hu usme avg 25 shi jaate he(9 paper lga chuka) , kya ye sufficient he mtlb totally passages pr dependent hu , math me soch rha hu engi kri he toh kuch qsn toh nikl lenge whi koi ractice ni kr rha inki
    Don't be in such a notion that attempting only comprehension based questions would be sufficient. Last year I failed pre just because I taken csat paper lightly and was totally dependent on comprehension based questions. Do prepare maths and reasoning selectively. Aim for 100 marks so that negative marking won't impact your score and you will comfortably get passing marks.
  • ana_09 said:

    2009 history optional paper.
    search other years papers also.

    thanks for posting. really helpful

    i am going through culture related, buddism, jainism and modern India question.
  • Dead Man said:

    Lt_Mamiya said:

    amsc said:

    CSAT bhi important topic samajh ke padh Lena bhaio.
    UPSC kum IQ walo ko aasani se clear karne nahi dega

    me vision ka csat papers se bs passage solve krta hu usme avg 25 shi jaate he(9 paper lga chuka) , kya ye sufficient he mtlb totally passages pr dependent hu , math me soch rha hu engi kri he toh kuch qsn toh nikl lenge whi koi ractice ni kr rha inki
    Don't be in such a notion that attempting only comprehension based questions would be sufficient. Last year I failed pre just because I taken csat paper lightly and was totally dependent on comprehension based questions. Do prepare maths and reasoning selectively. Aim for 100 marks so that negative marking won't impact your score and you will comfortably get passing marks.
    This is true. UPSC CSAT maths isn't hard. Practice averages, ratio, proportions, speed, distance, time. You should be able to solve at least 10 questions right.
    I cleared Prelims 2016 and Prelims 2017 (wrote IFoS Mains). A strategy I would recommend is - Solve as much of Math as possible. Don't try to solve all.
    Benefit of Math questions - you can clearly know if you got the question right or not. There is a lot of ambiguity with the comprehension based questions, when all options sound very close to each other.
  • The World Economic Forum (WEF) has recently released
    its Global Manufacturing Index. The index was released
    as part of WEF’s first Readiness for the future of
    production Report which analysed development of
    modern industrial strategies and urges collaborative
    action.

    It ranked India at 30th position among 100 countries.
    Japan is ranked first in the index

    It has categorised 100 countries into four groups–
    Leading (strong current base, high level of readiness
    for future);
    High Potential (limited current base, high potential
    for future);
    Legacy (strong current base, at risk for future);
    Nascent (limited current base, low level of readiness
    for future).
    India has been placed in the 'Legacy' group along with
    Hungary, Mexico, Philippines, Russia, Thailand and
    Turkey, among others. China figures among 'leading
    countries', while Brazil and South Africa are in 'nascent'
    ones.
  • edited May 1
    LEADS (Logistics Ease Across Different States) index
    was released by the Union Ministry of Commerce and
    Industry, prepared with the help of consultancy firm
    Deloitte. The findings would help in identifying the right
    problem areas in the sector and prepare policy responses
    to deal with them.
    Gujarat has topped logistics index chart, an indicator of
    the efficiency of logistical services necessary for
    promoting exports in particular and economic growth in
    general.
    The second place is occupied by Punjab, followed by
    Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra. Jammu and
    Kashmir appeared last in the list.
    Rankings for the index are based on the analysis of
    perception with regard to eight parameters, including
    infrastructure, services, regulatory process and safety of
    cargo
    .
    ".
    LEADS is loosely based on World Bank’s biannual
    Logistics Performance Index (LPI) on which India was
    ranked 35 among 160 countries in 2016.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog