SC to hear petition to end write-offs Chemists and druggists are passe;from now, all will be pharmacies As UK climate protest grows, Emma Thompson, teen joins in India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan Cases of measles show alarming rise, warns WHO

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Most Important Topics for Prelims 2018

Comments

• Mulberry said:

Krishna or Reddy or Pearson or Diksha
    or whatever compiles PYQs of UPSC. What @Lord Vorminious said is true. You guys at the least must be thankful to him for sharing his strategy rather than calling him fake.

so now u can upload that book which Lord is talking of

• edited April 2018
    See the selectedupsc guy is so funny, he answers questions thinking (d) will not be the answer haha. The fact that such retards are preparing for UPSC is a great insult to the exam. If he ever makes it, I'm taking up Chinese citizenship, it will be disastrous to stay in a nation with a fool of an administrator like that. xD

And okay if they ban me, I will make a new account with the same name. Qtiya ho kya? xD
    This profile belongs to Lord Vorminious
  • See the selectedupsc guy is so funny, he answers questions thinking (d) will not be the answer haha. The fact that such retards are preparing for UPSC is a great insult to the exam. If he ever makes it, I'm taking up Chinese citizenship, it will be disastrous to stay in a nation with a fool of an administrator like that. xD

And okay if they ban me, I will make a new account with the same name. Qtiya ho kya? xD

if you have guts then upload the 14 years paper
  • I have no guts. Plus I will not upload it because it took me great pains to get it. So get yourself or forget it, anyway you will never pass Pre with your IQ so you won't need it.
  • Can somone upload Krishna Reddy book
  • I have no guts. Plus I will not upload it because it took me great pains to get it. So get yourself or forget it, anyway you will never pass Pre with your IQ so you won't need it.

you have wasted your day
  • how many questions are you guys expecting from this art/medi section.
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

how many questions are you guys expecting from this art/medi section.

Maximum 2-3. Never more than that any year

• 5-7

If you include architecture.
  • Can somone upload Krishna Reddy book

purchase from amazon online, download the in kindle form, convert kindle into pdf and then ask for return, Money will be transfer in 3 days u will have the book and no money paid its free of cost

you have wasted your day

you have wasted your day
    It's okay I study at night. xD
  • what are the high yield topics for art, culture & medeival?

you have wasted your day
    if can waste your day
    then you may waste your energy in un usefulness thinking leading to big failure in life , for example pre 2018

you have wasted your day
    if can waste your day
    then you may waste your energy in un usefulness thinking leading to big failure in life , for example pre 2018
    I already work in State PCS bro, either by UPSC or by promotion I'm destined to reach a place. What about you though? Got a job outside father's hotel? :P
  • Mulberry said:

Krishna or Reddy or Pearson or Diksha
    or whatever compiles PYQs of UPSC. What @Lord Vorminious said is true. You guys at the least must be thankful to him for sharing his strategy rather than calling him fake.

Hahah yes. It funny to see someone has shared some info and people are calling him fake.
  • Anyway I ll bring back d discussion of the topic.

For Arts n Culture - do read about UNESCO India list. From that list - atleast do some reading from Wikipedia. All those topic/places mentioned in that list is very imp.

you have wasted your day
    if can waste your day
    I already work in State PCS bro, either by UPSC or by promotion I'm destined to reach a place. What about you though? Got a job outside father's hotel? :P</blockquot
    prove this by uploading 14 year papers
    rest you are fake
  • Anyway I ll bring back d discussion of the topic.

For Arts n Culture - do read about UNESCO India list. From that list - atleast do some reading from Wikipedia. All those topic/places mentioned in that list is very imp.

ok thanks that world heritage list h naa

• For those asking proof, check out Q61 here, from History Optional Prelims 1993.

so to get this question ( which anyway 99% of aam junta will skip, we have to mug up around 1700 factual questions in last one month.
    Thats at least 50 q a day which is around 2 hours a day.
    If someone has been doing it good for him I personally wouldn't advice others to follow the suit

You are right. I am doing this because I knew this from January and so have largely finished with it. Was a good history revision since I have to prepare for my state civils too which has a compulsory History objective paper of this format. So its more of a dual use utility for me.

For those attempting strictly UPSC these are largely useless. Its actually 2300 questions that you have to do just to get 6-8 marks extra in the Prelims. Though for people like me who failed Prelims by a very small margin, that 6-8 marks is a huge call.

The rest is upto you. Its largely useless now, but useful in the long term.
    you are fake
    troll
    @foruumias deactivate his account
    Haha you noobs dont even know Pearsons questions are all from UPSC question papers. Go search out 1993 Pre History Paper then come to troll. First disprove me then tell me its not there, go on do you have the paper to disprove?

Now why are you even bothered if you are not interested, let those who want to attempt these do that. You go play with GKToday tests.
    please show 1993 upsc prelims history optional paper , if you have guts
    my optional were pol sci , history , geo
    so i knew what upsc asked
    More precisely I dont have the will to show anything to lowlives like you. If you have the guts find out yourself, if you cant dont bother. Just quit whining unless you have concrete evidence. I will not give you anything, except some final proofs. I have researched, and the trend is clear every year, just 2017 had more.

UPSC 2015 asked Malvikagnimitra. Following from Pre-2001, Pre-2006.

this person is right..solve previous papers the questions are repeating or upsc is framing questions from the options given to different questions from previous papers.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • Suraj95 said:

Anyway I ll bring back d discussion of the topic.

ok thanks that world heritage list h naa
    Everything on this page is imp. You can set ur own priority.
    http://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/IN
  • one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..
    Sabka maalik domino
  • domino said:

one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

domino said:

one has to solve past history papers to know whats important..otherwise everything looks importnt... @Lord Vorminious is right..

+23

• Guys the best strategy would be to solve previous years papers of various exams conducted by UPSC such as cms, ese, cisf, apfc, cds, nda, capf, scra etc as many questions are repeated from them every year. For example, BOD question last year was directly picked up from ese general ability paper, right to exploitation was directly asked from capf paper. Similarly, many questions especially from history and polity can be traced from previous years cse and other papers. Bioremediation,wildlife protection act, zika virus asked numerous times in various UPSC exams.
    Also study the government schemes thoroughly as questions will definitely come from them. Different international organisations report is another important area. Low profile environmental organisations can also be asked.
  • Bhai apna revision karo. Last time me kuch bhi strategy change kiya to muh ki khani padegi mano ya na mano
    Apun ka to history optional hai so fuck pearson fuck disha publications.
    Aur salo alag se thread bana lo.kyu thread hijack karne me lage ho.
  • For combined medical services, solve the 30 questions asked in paper 1 ( general ability section). For Engineering services exam solve the 60 questions asked in general studies section. For cisf departmental exam, solve the gs section only. Same case with capf.
  • Bad_Bunny said:

Bhai apna revision karo. Last time me kuch bhi strategy change kiya to muh ki khani padegi mano ya na mano
    Apun ka to history optional hai so fuck pearson fuck disha publications.
    Aur salo alag se thread bana lo.kyu thread hijack karne me lage ho.

Very true. Really difficult to solve papers of various exams conducted by UPSC in such a short span of time. But if time permits, solving a few papers of various UPSC exams will be quite useful.
  • Suraj95 said:

domino said:

domino said:

+23
    lord was correct
  • I humbly request few people (without tagging anyone) not to discuss on utility of previous history papers ! Point has been made by one user and rest are unnecessary calling him fake, no point doing that. If you want to do it, then do else who is forcing you ? Please contribute something more relevant than making useless debate !
    रहो धर्म में धीर, रहो कर्म में वीर
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

अलविदा Forum. It was a privilege to be here.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google