All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Preparing for CSE 2019 from Dehradun | Want to form a small study group of 3-5 studymates

Hi all, just started preparing for CSE 2019. I am currently preparing for the exam from Dehradun and doing self-study. Seeking 2-3 (or a) serious studymate(s). If possible can talk and see for the suitability.

Comments

• Your possible optional and educational bckgrnd?
    कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन ।
  • edited April 2018
    I'm interested to join. I'm a B.Tech-MBA graduate and my optional is PSIR.
  • I'm also interested to join. Please update for future course of action.
  • Im also in...
  • I would like to join this group. My optional is history and it will be my first attempt in 2019. Do communicate the further details
  • Don't waste your time making group or anything like this... it's just waste of time and energy.
  • Just wanted to comment here that it would be really amazing to prepare from a place like Dehradun. Cold weather.

I believe such a thing maybe coz the hot weather where we stay I.e. Mumbai drains out our energy and makes us feel restless. And even the upsc culture here is not so visible.
    BA History - Political science. LLB. LLM student.
    Optional - History
  • edited April 2018
    Which subjects are you ppl studying now and from which source?
  • I am also from dehradun

• but I believe forum ias is group in itself we can study here also

• We can have a discussion on the changing nature of questions in gs mains papers by having a detailed view of past 4 year papers. This would help us in having a better orientation while studying.
  • I am also B-Tech(Mech) & MBA(Ops-Fin), work-ex of 6 months.
  • Negida said:

I am also B-Tech(Mech) & MBA(Ops-Fin), work-ex of 6 months.

I have not zeroed down on optional but Management looks fine to me at first glance. Going through NCERTs to get a basic understanding of GS, nd if some other subject interests me, then will also look for other possibilities. Just started going.
  • edited April 2018
    Negida said:

Negida said:

I have not zeroed down on optional but Management looks fine to me at first glance. Going through NCERTs to get a basic understanding of GS, nd if some other subject interests me, then will also look for other possibilities. Just started going.
    Groups are essential mainly for optional, answer writing and to finalise/share/review sources..

Preparation ke initial phase mein group banaoge to kuch khaas outcome shayad kam hi mile. :)
  • Seed15 said:

Negida said:

Negida said:

Groups are essential mainly for optional, answer writing and to finalise/share/review sources..

Preparation ke initial phase mein group banaoge to kuch khaas outcome shayad kam hi mile. :)
    when should I begin answer writing. Ncert 6-10 covered.

• edited April 2018
    Suraj95 said:

Seed15 said:

Negida said:

Negida said:

when should I begin answer writing. Ncert 6-10 covered.
    If you are targeting 2019;

Now read relevent 11-12 ncert.
    Then revise it..

ONLY while revision make notes..pehle banaoge to baad me lagega ki ye kya immature notes banake time waste kar liya...

Newspaper reading daily.( No notes making for 3-4 months) CA magazines regularly.. + PIB like government website to get a clue of how writing style should be.

Read... read and then make notes..uske baad likhna...If you are a beginner and targeting 2019.. Abhi kafi time hai..first develop understanding.. When you feel like you have developed enough understanding then you may either join a test series or write in a group..

hope it helps.
  • Hi.. need help regarding centre for Main exam in Dehradun.
    In 2017, centre was Shri Guru Ram Rai school, Patel Nagar, Near BSNL telephone exchange, Dehradun 248001..

This year 2018, admit card mentions centre as: Shri Guru Ram Rai Public School, Race Course, Dehradun 248001.

Plz tell if the two are different locations and how far...
  • different.
    Desire is the cause of UPSC
  • edited September 2018
    there are number of Shri Guru Ram Rai in doon
    baki dharampur phuch jana auto se. waha se paidal jana h racecourse kisi se v puch lena tb.
  • I am also in guys, although not basically from Doon, I ve done btech from dit, doon, currently preparing from home in Haldwani
  • Vinay1995 said:

I am also in guys, although not basically from Doon, I ve done btech from dit, doon, currently preparing from home in Haldwani

thats awesome
  • Hi all,
    I'm from dehradun, but I have no friends who are studying for upsc as my background is in software development. I'm preparing from 1 year and will love to get some friends studying for upsc. Please msg me on my whatapp number 9643702773. So that if you are a serious aspirant so we can discuss our strategies to crack the exam as soon as possible.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google