CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

geography test series

which test series is good for geography optional??

Comments

• Shabbir sir
  • Dead Man said:

Shabbir sir

+1
  • what about guidance ias?
  • It's secondary choice of aspirants opt for it only if you don't get admission in Shabbir sir test series.
  • edited April 16
    Dead Man said:

It's secondary choice of aspirants opt for it only if you don't get admission in Shabbir sir test series.

@abhilasha s @Dead Man
    If you've got some statistics to prove that, pls ignore whatever i say

I joined Shabbir sir for cse'16, cleared mains'16
    Joined guidance 500 for cse'17, cleared mains'17

Its not a SECONDARY choice, just another choice amongst many of those that are available.
    Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir
    Pros: wide coverage of current topics, reports, data, statistics, good for developing case studies in paper 2
    Cons: very generic questions covered for paper 1, no out of the blue questions, onus on you to use paper 1 concepts in paper 2, does not help with that, plus test questions are same as those discussed in class i.e. he'll tell u which questions will be asked in the test, very short discussion post test, does not cover previous year questions especially in biogeo, env geo, pop geo, settlement, paper 2

Guidance 500
    Pros: wide range of very tough to analytical questions, questions from obscure sources, previous years questions esoecially for paper 2 are very well covered,helps explicitly with structuring of answers based on the type of question, will explicitly help with concepts of paper 1 that can be used and how in paper 2.at the end you will have more than 500 questions/answers which you can directly memorize, it helps.

Cons: upto 6 hours classes with only a 15 min break, very basic questions will not be discussed in class but u can meet him afterwards, current affairs coverage is very less, test discussions are provided either as videos or handwritten answers, questions discussed in 500 programme classes will not be discussed in the after test discusion(bad fr people who have joined only the test series and not the 500 programme)

This is my observation and I am not associated either with Vajiram or Guidance in any capacity, just an aspirant.
    Rank 109, CSE 2017. Geo.
  • guys plz tell where I can purchase test series of Shabbir sir in Karol bagh , any shop names u know ?
  • Dead Man said:

It's secondary choice of aspirants opt for it only if you don't get admission in Shabbir sir test series.

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Its not a SECONDARY choice, just another choice amongst many of those that are available.
    Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir
    Pros: wide coverage of current topics, reports, data, statistics, good for developing case studies in paper 2
    Cons: very generic questions covered for paper 1, no out of the blue questions, onus on you to use paper 1 concepts in paper 2, does not help with that, plus test questions are same as those discussed in class i.e. he'll tell u which questions will be asked in the test, very short discussion post test, does not cover previous year questions especially in biogeo, env geo, pop geo, settlement, paper 2

Guidance 500
    Pros: wide range of very tough to analytical questions, questions from obscure sources, previous years questions esoecially for paper 2 are very well covered,helps explicitly with structuring of answers based on the type of question, will explicitly help with concepts of paper 1 that can be used and how in paper 2.at the end you will have more than 500 questions/answers which you can directly memorize, it helps.

Cons: upto 6 hours classes with only a 15 min break, very basic questions will not be discussed in class but u can meet him afterwards, current affairs coverage is very less, test discussions are provided either as videos or handwritten answers, questions discussed in 500 programme classes will not be discussed in the after test discusion(bad fr people who have joined only the test series and not the 500 programme)

This is my observation and I am not associated either with Vajiram or Guidance in any capacity, just an aspirant.
    Bro I am not saying guidance IAS test series is bad but Shabbir sir test series is most popular in the market and have a good track record but getting admission there is little difficult.
  • Dead Man said:

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir

Guidance 500

Brother what is the duration of this course?
    Will it be starting after pre this year as well?

One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • Dead Man said:

Dead Man said:

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir

Guidance 500

Bro I am not saying guidance IAS test series is bad but Shabbir sir test series is most popular in the market and have a good track record but getting admission there is little difficult.
    I agree about the popularity part. As vajiram is popular so is the geography course there. Shabbir sir's methods are effective , no doubt about that. Even I did the optional classes there. In fundamentals Shibbir sir is the best but I am afraid that is not enough.
    But the paper has changed drastically and because he has to take so many classes --optional, gs, essay; I think he hasnt got the time to update the course. If he does that there would be absolutely no one to match his standards.
    But for now I think if you've got your basics covered confidently then 500 course will help you immensely.

@i2wantu it started just a week after pre last year, maybe this year it'll be the same, you can call and ask.
    Duration was till a month before mains exam. Classes get over but last year he added some extra tests, you can give them or just take the q paper and solutions as it might b very late, thats wht I did.
    Rank 109, CSE 2017. Geo.
  • Dead Man said:

Dead Man said:

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir

Guidance 500

I agree about the popularity part. As vajiram is popular so is the geography course there. Shabbir sir's methods are effective , no doubt about that. Even I did the optional classes there. In fundamentals Shibbir sir is the best but I am afraid that is not enough.
    But the paper has changed drastically and because he has to take so many classes --optional, gs, essay; I think he hasnt got the time to update the course. If he does that there would be absolutely no one to match his standards.
    But for now I think if you've got your basics covered confidently then 500 course will help you immensely.

@i2wantu it started just a week after pre last year, maybe this year it'll be the same, you can call and ask.
    Duration was till a month before mains exam. Classes get over but last year he added some extra tests, you can give them or just take the q paper and solutions as it might b very late, thats wht I did.
    Thanks for the info!
    One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • shabbir sir is the best
  • @dhruv4star Does guidance offer online tests?
  • RaufNa said:

@dhruv4star Does guidance offer online tests?

No
  • RaufNa said:

@dhruv4star Does guidance offer online tests?

Videos of whatevr discussions took place were available last time, also on flavido; but no, they did not offer online tests.
    You can call them and see if there are any plans this time around.
    Rank 109, CSE 2017. Geo.
  • i2wantu said:

Dead Man said:

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir

Guidance 500

Brother what is the duration of this course?
    Will it be starting after pre this year as well?

Thank you sir...
  • Dead Man said:

@abhilasha s @Dead Man

Pros and cons
    SHABBIR Sir

Guidance 500

Thank you sir...
  • what about guidance ias?

I joined it last year......found useful.....Comprehensive coverage in discussions by Himanshu Sir as he is an expert in both Physical and Human Geography ......
  • @dhruv4star @nandini @Trupence Grasshopper can u pls share ur MAP notes as it will save a lot of time. Pls its a humble request...
    Dar ke jeena bhi kya jeena hai.. aur jee rhe ho agar aese to kya sach mein jee rahe ho...
  • @dhruv4star @nandini @Trupence Grasshopper can u pls share ur MAP notes as it will save a lot of time. Pls its a humble request...

+1
  • Navnath said:

what about guidance ias?

I joined it last year......found useful.....Comprehensive coverage in discussions by Himanshu Sir as he is an expert in both Physical and Human Geography ......
    Paid account alert!
    Bande hain hum uske, Humpe kiska zor
    Ummeedon ke sooraj, Nikle chaaron ore
    Iraadein hain fauladi, Himmati har kadam
    Apne haathon kismat likhne, Aaj chale hain hum...{AW>>STS=SES=A4}

3rd Mains*

Hello,
    I will share all my map notes. But, as I also mentioned on the blog, due to some personal committments I will be unable to do so before end July as I don't have my notes with me right now. But the strategy for map that I mentioned on the blog is exactly what I did.
    It is time consuming but in my honest opinion, doing map work for around 30 mins daily till mains reaps rich dividends. So I would suggest investing that time in map work.
    I'll update here when I upload my map notes and answers.
    All the best
  • How is Neetu mam's test series compared to Shabbir sir's and guidance IAS?
  • nandini said:

@dhruv4star @nandini @Trupence Grasshopper can u pls share ur MAP notes as it will save a lot of time. Pls its a humble request...

Hello,
    I will share all my map notes. But, as I also mentioned on the blog, due to some personal committments I will be unable to do so before end July as I don't have my notes with me right now. But the strategy for map that I mentioned on the blog is exactly what I did.
    It is time consuming but in my honest opinion, doing map work for around 30 mins daily till mains reaps rich dividends. So I would suggest investing that time in map work.
    I'll update here when I upload my map notes and answers.
    All the best
    @truthteller Sir would you like to say anything..?? :astonished:
    I've deleted gmail. Account won't be accessible anymore. @Tropicana as well as @Normal .
  • Hello everyone,
    I received messages as to how to structure revision for the mains. I did not join any test series hence what I did was purely according to how I personally prioritised the syllabus.
    I’ve penned it down in a blog post :
    https://katyayanibhatia.wordpress.com/2018/06/27/how-i-planned-my-syllabus-in-the-period-from-prelims-to-mains-2017/
  • nandini said:

Hello everyone,
    I received messages as to how to structure revision for the mains. I did not join any test series hence what I did was purely according to how I personally prioritised the syllabus.
    I’ve penned it down in a blog post :
    https://katyayanibhatia.wordpress.com/2018/06/27/how-i-planned-my-syllabus-in-the-period-from-prelims-to-mains-2017/

Thanks Nandini
    That's really helpful :smile:
    Mita de apni hasti ko gar kuch martaba chahe,
    Ki daana khaak me milke Gul-o-gulshan hota hai !
  • @truthteller Hello Sir. :)
    I've deleted gmail. Account won't be accessible anymore. @Tropicana as well as @Normal .
  • Guys any good test series of geography in Hindi medium?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog