CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

MSc in Delhi university and UPSC Prep.

I'm thinking about applying at DU for MSc Botany.
My optional is Botany. I have allready completed all coachings n practised 30 mains tests of Vision.
My queries are
1- Is attendence compulsory for lectures at DU ?
2- Will it divert my main goal that is- UPSC ?
3- How much MSc will help for optional ?
4- How significant to look at Research as a back up plan.
Friends , apart from this kindly tell me pros and cons of admission at DU vis a vis UPSC prep.

Comments

• tanya7777 said:

My optional is Botany. I have allready completed all coachings n practised 30 mains tests of Vision.
    My queries are
    Friends , apart from this kindly tell me pros and cons of admission at DU vis a vis UPSC prep.

1. Attendance is compulsory
    2. Maybe due to busy schedule of university but your routine won't be monotonous and you can prepare with peaceful mind so it may actually aid learning process for upsc :smiley:
    3. Can help to a certain extent but my roommate who gave interview last year was IIT Delhi mechanical branch topper and he opted for public administration as optional and I have seen people opting for Botany and cracking upsc (stuti charan - rank 3). Again it all boils down to you if you can handle this subject
    4. Don't know much about research but there was a ln article regarding INSPIRE scheme in Hindu focusing on not so good research environment and stipend in universities. You can also go for MBA, they encourage female candidates :mrgreen:
  • sss123 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

2. Maybe due to busy schedule of university but your routine won't be monotonous and you can prepare with peaceful mind so it may actually aid learning process for upsc :smiley:
    3. Can help to a certain extent but my roommate who gave interview last year was IIT Delhi mechanical branch topper and he opted for public administration as optional and I have seen people opting for Botany and cracking upsc (stuti charan - rank 3). Again it all boils down to you if you can handle this subject
    4. Don't know much about research but there was a ln article regarding INSPIRE scheme in Hindu focusing on not so good research environment and stipend in universities. You can also go for MBA, they encourage female candidates :mrgreen:
    Gate(M Tech) or JEE topper?? What are his words of wisdom??
  • sss123 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

I mean b.tech mechanical branch topper tha, uske interview mein kam marks the
  • sss123 said:

sss123 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

I mean b.tech mechanical branch topper tha, uske interview mein kam marks the
    Actually woh sirf 1 month ke liye aaya tha interview preparation ke liye but 4 newspapers padhtaa tha.....study normal ki thi but IQ level accha tha
    First attempt tha
  • tanya7777 said:

My queries are

I know people currently enrolled in Masters at DU who manage attendance along with UPSC preparation.
    I am myself doing law from DU, but UPSC with law is tough.

Regarding Masters, the people is know had already appeared for interviews before joining MA in DU. So, they already were done with their main preparation. They just needed to do current affairs along with revising and brushing up before exams.

CONS -
    1. Mains usually clash with semesters, you will be forced to leave some papers in your sem and appear next year.

2. Also, they have barely been able to score 55% in their Masters.

3. Teachers don't give you good score in Internals if you are not regular.

4. You will need to be jugaadu and maybe at times use money to get your attendance managed from the office.

IMO, go ahead with MSc only if you are done with your preparation and need a back up. Also, you will need to at least score above 55% if you want to have a viable back up in the form of NET.
  • abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

I know people currently enrolled in Masters at DU who manage attendance along with UPSC preparation.

Regarding Masters, the people is know had already appeared for interviews before joining MA in DU. So, they already were done with their main preparation. They just needed to do current affairs along with revising and brushing up before exams.

CONS -
    1. Mains usually clash with semesters, you will be forced to leave some papers in your sem and appear next year.

4. You will need to be jugaadu and maybe at times use money to get your attendance managed from the office.

IMO, go ahead with MSc only if you are done with your preparation and need a back up. Also, you will need to at least score above 55% if you want to have a viable back up in the form of NET.
    can u please tell me about law prospects from DU ...
  • abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

He gets this question from too many people here.
    ecosia.org
  • abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

1. You can get decent placements after LLB from DU. But, then UPSC needs to take a back seat. You will need to study really well to get good grades. Join a society. Do interships in your vacations.
    2. You can try for Judicial exams after LLB. Quite well paying job without the hassles of an administrative job. Also, Judicial Exams are quite regular comapred to State PCSs.
    3. You can try for Assistant Public Prosecutor job after LLB.
    4. You can do an LLM after LLB and get into research/teaching. And trust me, the job of an Assistant Professor is one of the best jobs.
    5. You can go for a foreign LLM but, then again you might have to work you ass off in term of grades and extra curriculars.
    6. Litigation/Practice is always an option. But, once into litigation forget about anything else including UPSC. You might go on to earn lakhs in a day but that takes real hard work, patience and perseverance.
    7. You can write CLAT after LLB and get into PSUs as legal advisors.
    8. There are a plethora of govt departments and companies hiring legal advisors.
    9. You can write IBPS and join as legal advisors with banks.

@GoingLegal lol, you get me bro :tongue:
  • abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

Because it is very desirable question for my भोली भाली जनता ;) who burnt their oil for the glory of UPSC. Most of them are engineers. :D

Irony is nobody suggest anything like doing MTech from IIT Delhi/DU and doing UPSC prep along. :D :D :D
  • abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

Because it is very desirable question for my भोली भाली जनता ;) who burnt their oil for the glory of UPSC. Most of them are engineers. :D

Irony is nobody suggest anything like doing MTech from IIT Delhi/DU and doing UPSC prep along. :D :D :D
    Apun ne MBA suggest Kiya tha :trollface:
  • sss123 said:

abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

:sunglasses:
  • how about ccs univ meerut
  • sss123 said:

abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

Haan to kaun sa bahut acha suggestion that. Engineers ke baad sabse jyada unpar hi bante hai. :(
  • how about ccs univ meerut

If you are asking for LLB, go there if you just want a degree in law. You won't learn anything in 3 years of law.
  • sss123 said:

abhi44 said:

tanya7777 said:

My queries are

CONS -

LoL

Haan to kaun sa bahut acha suggestion that. Engineers ke baad sabse jyada unpar hi bante hai. :(
    Bhai MBA agar acchi jagah se Karo to at least career growth rehti hai but recession ki talwar unpar bhi latakti hai
    Agar ek dum aaram karna hai without any tension toh koi government job nikal lo(not talking about IAS)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog