Has anybody used Modafinil for increasing concentration?

Though it is for nacrolepsy but I've heard it works in attention defecit too.
Also known as Modlaert?
I didn't get Addwize (Ritalin) as it is schedule X drug :neutral:

I can pay 500 bugs for Addwize message me if anyone can provide me the prescription.
Doctors told me to come for more sessions which is not feasible as time is less.
I do suffer from ADHD but they want non-invasive techniques first.

Comments

• have you heard
  • Heard about these medicines for the first time.
    Searched about them right now on wiki.
    Seems quite interesting.

Didn't know Modafinil was used my armed forces.

Do people really use them to increase concentration?

Anyways, can't help you.

The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • Will not available otc. Only on doc recommendation.
  • have used modafinil as modalert....does help in increasing concentration...but...resulted in a lasting headache for me...and resultant wasnt so spectacular...since you suffer from adhd, it might work for you...
  • hafte mein 3 din alternate beer pio sote samay .....concentration increase ho jayega
    prelims 4..mains 3...interview 1(no rank)
    cutoff 2018---ajgar range-->96(-+2)
    Mains 2018---ajgar range-->780+-10(2017 standard : B) )

Time to leave forum...inspectors are searching me everywhere. :s
  • Hahaha... yeh MRN me bhut recommend krte h log. Tunneling focus deta h but you will have to go to loo very often. Dependency ho jaegi iski. My brother is a doc and he strictly denied me to take this. Neither he recommends it to anyone. Conc issues h toh mobile ka use kam kro, turn off the notifications, bring change in lifestyle, don’t eat oily foods, meditate and run. This is nirvana! Will go in long term. Baki bhai tumhari mrji.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • I am using it.

But it only works when your on high dosage.
  • If you go against your body's will, your body will destroy you sonner or later.
  • edited April 5
    Dorjay123 said:

If you go against your body's will, your body will destroy you sonner or later.

It has no long term side effects.

This is the best supplement for studying.

No Procrastination. No laziness.

You don't feel sleepy or bored. I take 300 mg a day.

If you can get hands on this. You should get it. This will boost your performance immensely.

Wish I had know about it last year.
    Seems quite interesting.

Anyways, can't help you.

Chemist told me aspirants use it in ORN..
    Yes it is used by armed forces and it works.
    In India it is not that famous as it is strictly controlled.
    Seems quite interesting.

Anyways, can't help you.

Chemist told me aspirants use it in ORN..
    Yes it is used by armed forces and it works.
    In India it is not that famous as it is strictly controlled.
    Bhai , hindustaan ek bhikmanga desh hai
    yaha logo ke paas khane ko nahi hai
    upsc ka form kya bharege
    2 kauda ka exam hai
    aur tu bhai concentration ki baat kar raha hai
    wisdom develop kar aur succeed kar exam me aur life mein
    chemist to kuch bhi kehte hai
    unka dhanda hai
    unka bas chale to tuze brown sugar bhi khila de
  • have used modafinil as modalert....does help in increasing concentration...but...resulted in a lasting headache for me...and resultant wasnt so spectacular...since you suffer from adhd, it might work for you...

I hope it does help me.
    I tried to procure Ritalin but there are only handful of chemist in Delhi who keep it.
    But sooner or later I will get.

Today will be my first day, I hope it doesn't turn out to be in just headache!

What was your reason to take it?
  • Dorjay123 said:

Will not available otc. Only on doc recommendation.

One chemist has agreed to give me on experiment basis..
    But he refused Addwize or Ritalin.
  • hafte mein 3 din alternate beer pio sote samay .....concentration increase ho jayega

Haan Bhai pahle old monk ke dhakkan Marta Tha mai.. utni help nahi mili.
    Abhi only these salts can help
  • Dorjay123 said:

do not take risk or play with your virgin mind all drugs have extreme side effects
    please ask some doctors first
  • Burger said:

Hahaha... yeh MRN me bhut recommend krte h log. Tunneling focus deta h but you will have to go to loo very often. Dependency ho jaegi iski. My brother is a doc and he strictly denied me to take this. Neither he recommends it to anyone. Conc issues h toh mobile ka use kam kro, turn off the notifications, bring change in lifestyle, don’t eat oily foods, meditate and run. This is nirvana! Will go in long term. Baki bhai tumhari mrji.

Hi, I don't eat oily food since my childhood, I go for running everyday since last 2 years. I did everything then I came to medicine.
    I genuinely suffer from ADHD. I met clinical psychologist, she recommended me letter cancellation techniques etc.
    I told her I don't have much time and please recommend me Ritalin but she insisted on more sessions.
    I know it may harm me in some ways or others.
    All medicines have side effects but to live in failure is not something I can have on stakes.
    Thank you for your concern though.
  • Dorjay123 said:

If you go against your body's will, your body will destroy you sonner or later.

Modafinil has low abuse potential.
    If you're unable to become something usse Bada side effect Kya hoga life me?
    Life long depression.
  • shivajii said:

I am using it.

I hope it works for me.
    There are several aspirants who take it but don't tell you publicly.
  • Dorjay123 said:

do not take risk or play with your virgin mind all drugs have extreme side effects
    please ask some doctors first
    If it turns out to be somewhat dangerous in anyways I won't continue it. :blush:
  • have you heard

One word for it - Phenomenal.
  • edited April 5
    lost my equanimity there
  • edited April 5
    Used inspiral and addwize (generic Indian version of Ritalin) for two years. Modafinil for 6 months.
    For Ritalin well, I don't want to go in detail but just stay away. it will work get for 1 month but after You won't achieve anything but illusions of concentration and destroy your mind, body and life.
    You won't be you but something else. Someone who has no control over your body and mind. Like a ghost in the machine.

For modafinil, it is more useful for guys working in the long shift like cab driver, watchmen etc. It stays you awake. But does nothing for your concentration after about Two weeks. Now you will think its good that keeps you awake so you could study? Oh no. You will be so tired all the time that you won't touch your book after one month. It impair cognitive abilities as well. You could be reading same line for 5 minutes straight and you won't even know.

I suffer from acute ADHD and I know what I am talking about. I have exhausted all my attempts and I am not trying to decrease my competition. But I don't want others to suffer. Please stay away.
  • shivajii said:

I am using it.

I hope it works for me.
    Do try it.

I would not recommend starting with high dose, optimum dose is different for everyone. You can start with 50 mg.
    Important thing to remember is keep urself hydrated. Its must. Secondly if u feel headache then take Choline with it, or Eat eggs.

People generally do not take it for long term but just during examination. Those who take it everyday have experimented with in and have found optimum dosage period. Some take it alternative days.

Donot take coffee with in- u might get jittery feeling.

When you can Moda in the morning- do some intense exercise after 30 mins- intense exercise means like Skipping etc u ll get very good results.

All d best for exams
  • betty said:

Used inspiral and addwize (generic Indian version of Ritalin) for two years. Modafinil for 6 months.
    For Ritalin well, I don't want to go in detail but just stay away. it will work get for 1 month but after You won't achieve anything but illusions of concentration and destroy your mind, body and life.
    You won't be you but something else. Someone who has no control over your body and mind. Like a ghost in the machine.

For modafinil, it is more useful for guys working in the long shift like cab driver, watchmen etc. It stays you awake. But does nothing for your concentration after about Two weeks. Now you will think its good that keeps you awake so you could study? Oh no. You will be so tired all the time that you won't touch your book after one month. It impair cognitive abilities as well. You could be reading same line for 5 minutes straight and you won't even know.

I suffer from acute ADHD and I know what I am talking about. I have exhausted all my attempts and I am not trying to decrease my competition. But I don't want others to suffer. Please stay away.

Thanks for detailed explanation of your experience.
    I will use it with caution.
    I will try to get Ritalin from somewhere. I suffer from ADHD.
  • shivajii said:

I am using it.

I hope it works for me.
    Do try it.

I would not recommend starting with high dose, optimum dose is different for everyone. You can start with 50 mg.
    Important thing to remember is keep urself hydrated. Its must. Secondly if u feel headache then take Choline with it, or Eat eggs.

People generally do not take it for long term but just during examination. Those who take it everyday have experimented with in and have found optimum dosage period. Some take it alternative days.

When you can Moda in the morning- do some intense exercise after 30 mins- intense exercise means like Skipping etc u ll get very good results.

All d best for exams
    It seems you have used modalert :wink:
    Glad that you understood my situation and didn't told to stay away from it.
    I will use it judiciously.
  • shivajii said:

I am using it.

I hope it works for me.
    Do try it.

All d best for exams
    It seems you have used modalert :wink:
    Glad that you understood my situation and didn't told to stay away from it.
    I will use it judiciously.
    Hahaha Yes bro I ve tried it. It does help in long study hours. But I would suggest focus more on ur studying method u ll get good results. For more info you can checkout out Reddit- very useful information regarding dosage et al.
    People also take Ashvagandha + Brahmi along with Moda.

But still most important is how you study. So keep improving it as well. :)
  • betty said:

+1000
  • I was suffering with extreme hairfall and I was in depression when i was in delhi... I consulted many allopathic doctors they recommend me finax which have lot of aide effects but later on i consulted ayurvedic docs and he recommends me Ashwagandha plus brahmi and some oil ...i started using thia but i got relief from hairfall and also i feel active all day along believe me Ashwagandha and brami have lot more helpfull in stressful condition and as general tonic for body and mind...provided your habits are good like stop masturbation and eat healthy and run daily atleast 2 km.
  • But , how u guys get modafinil tabs without prescription? It work magic..I have used it in 2013 during CAT prep... Moda is very addictive, If possible stay away... Best Time to used Moda is high tension days of last revision. But you will be addicted in Mains and , perhaps, after Interviews also....

Cut off - ajgar range :D
  • yogi ne order kia tha loudspeakers ke against , kisko complain kru when that order is being flouted like anything
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog