MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Current Affairs Classes for Prelims 2018 by ForumIAS | Starts 26 March

edited March 23 in Miscellaneous
Dear Friends,

ForumIAS shall be commencing its Current Affairs Classes for Prelims from March 26th.
The Objectives of the Program shall be to provide complete coverage of Current Affairs from May 2017 onwards - past one year - and a little more.

We have been working on designing a good program that not only ensures complete coverage, but also ensures that candidates absorb what is being taught. Our goal will be to ensure that as far as possible, every question from current affairs in Prelims is covered in the classes.

This is keeping in mind new facts that have emerged as below in the past month itself
a) the number of seats in CSE has been decreased
b) large number of candidates are keen on IFoS this year ( we have Rank 1,6,9,18 - in fact more than half of IFOS 2017 Selected Officers from our MGP) and,
c) NTPC and other PSUs have already announced that for employment to those PSUs candidates must appear for the CSE 2018 Examination.

All these facts are likely to increase the competition, and we would like to leave no stone unturned.

The Program shall commence from March 22nd, and classes will be of 2-2.5 hours duration. The classes will be held 4 to 5 days a week and will have 15 classes. The program will commence from March 22nd and end on or before April 23rd. The Break of 2-3 days in the week should be used for revision.

Some of the key factors we have in mind before commencement of the program is to ensure that we do not merely dump ALL facts, but apply an experienced human mind to ensure that exam relevant important facts are covered - which have a higher likelihood of coming in the exam.

Yet another key factor we have kept in mind is that most of SFG / RLG Students shall be writing the Mains this year - and barring a few isolated cases, a majority of them will be writing their first Mains. We would like to maintain the continuity in the Current Affairs preparation for both Prelims and Mains - but more importantly, a robust current Affairs base would be necessary for the Mains too.

This is important because usually people who are first timers, or have not written Mains are not able to discern between what is important and what is not. This has to be eased out for everyone.

( Note that we are not done with you after the Prelims. By now we have seen a lot of you develop capacity to study a decent number of hours. You are up for the game now. We will have something for your for Mains as well - something more intensive than the Prelims SFG and we will wind up with the Mains Syllabus before most people decide to get serious about the Mains exam. We have quietly worked with a lot of candidates last year before Pre, Mains and before the interview last year, and you will see a lot of people who never write the Mains before, get under 100 ranks this year. We are keeping our fingers crossed too. )

Even with the IFoS Results, we have Rank 1,6,9,18 - in fact more than half the IFoS Final Selection Students from MGP itself - we are not even counting Prelims Test Series or Interview Program. ( We will publish their interviews after their CSE Interviews are over )


You can also email your suggestions to ravi@forumias.com for your inputs and suggestions.

ForumIAS.com

PS We would like to thank a lot of ForumIAS Members including @ nandini who took part on our classes last year before Prelims ( and is appearing for Interviews this year :-) ) and had provided us vital inputs for the program.


PS. We will have surprise element for you when we release the final plan in the next 48 hours. Just keep watching this space.

PPS. It is not a free program, but it will be priced very reasonably - the lowest we can afford to do it.
«1

Comments

  • We have a seating capapcity of 200 in the classroom and admissions are restricted to that number. SFG / RLG and Prelims Test Series Students will be given first priority for the program.
  • edited March 7
    I'm in none of your programs but really want to enroll for this.
  • @ForumIAS I hope all the content of this course will also be covered in CA classes running online since December.
  • @ForumIAS thanks for the opportunity. Will definitely join. :smile:
  • ForumIAS said:

    We have a seating capapcity of 200 in the classroom and admissions are restricted to that number. SFG / RLG and Prelims Test Series Students will be given first priority for the program.

    What about people currently in Current Affairs classes ? Are they a part of it by default or need to join it ?
    इस पार प्रिय मधु है तुम हो,
    उस पार ना जाने क्या होगा ।।
  • Shyamw said:

    @ForumIAS I hope all the content of this course will also be covered in CA classes running online since December.

    Yes
  • ForumIAS said:

    We have a seating capapcity of 200 in the classroom and admissions are restricted to that number. SFG / RLG and Prelims Test Series Students will be given first priority for the program.

    What about people currently in Current Affairs classes ? Are they a part of it by default or need to join it ?
    You will have these classes at one go . You do not need to do anything.
  • ForumIAS said:

    ForumIAS said:

    We have a seating capapcity of 200 in the classroom and admissions are restricted to that number. SFG / RLG and Prelims Test Series Students will be given first priority for the program.

    What about people currently in Current Affairs classes ? Are they a part of it by default or need to join it ?
    You will have these classes at one go . You do not need to do anything.
    Thanks. Had got a little worried :smile:
    इस पार प्रिय मधु है तुम हो,
    उस पार ना जाने क्या होगा ।।
  • What will be fee structure?
  • Is this going to be available online?
  • @ForumIAS not in delhi...plz do something for us also.
  • What about online option for these classes??
  • @ForumIAS Yes, those classes really helped me revise :) Great initiative!

    For those going for the classes - it really helps if you go to the classes with preparation - that is, revise your current affairs thoroughly and then attend the class. You'll benefit the maximum that way! Take it as a "revision" session rather than a learning session.

    PS : I'm done with my interview. If there's any manner in which I can contribute to any initiative, please let me know :)
  • nandini said:

    @ForumIAS Yes, those classes really helped me revise :) Great initiative!

    For those going for the classes - it really helps if you go to the classes with preparation - that is, revise your current affairs thoroughly and then attend the class. You'll benefit the maximum that way! Take it as a "revision" session rather than a learning session.

    PS : I'm done with my interview. If there's any manner in which I can contribute to any initiative, please let me know :)

    Thanks :-)

    Best of luck for the finals !

    We have revamped the program .

    They are not revision classes ( or we would name them so )

    They are not revision classes anymore like last year .

    They will be built from scratch and will be more robust and would also cater to new comers ./ first timers .
    Last year we had even interview appeared candidates like choti Singh and others participate.

    This year we have a large number of people - at least a few hundred , who will be writing their first Mains , so this is designed for them. Not particularly revision , but built a little from scratch. Also the coverage is to be wide enough so that people don’t need to do any test series or other material.

    But yes they will not be slow paced , nor boring and will act as a bridge between the Prelims and Mains.

    Bests to all of you !
  • Hello Forumias, any program for the non-Delhi aspirants? :-)
  • @Forumias Kindly provide an online version of this module.

    Aspirants outside Delhi will benefit immensely.
  • @ForumIAS When do you plan to release the final plan as mentioned above?
  • ForumIAS said:

    nandini said:

    @ForumIAS Yes, those classes really helped me revise :) Great initiative!

    For those going for the classes - it really helps if you go to the classes with preparation - that is, revise your current affairs thoroughly and then attend the class. You'll benefit the maximum that way! Take it as a "revision" session rather than a learning session.

    PS : I'm done with my interview. If there's any manner in which I can contribute to any initiative, please let me know :)

    Thanks :-)

    Best of luck for the finals !

    We have revamped the program .

    They are not revision classes ( or we would name them so )

    They are not revision classes anymore like last year .

    They will be built from scratch and will be more robust and would also cater to new comers ./ first timers .
    Last year we had even interview appeared candidates like choti Singh and others participate.

    This year we have a large number of people - at least a few hundred , who will be writing their first Mains , so this is designed for them. Not particularly revision , but built a little from scratch. Also the coverage is to be wide enough so that people don’t need to do any test series or other material.

    But yes they will not be slow paced , nor boring and will act as a bridge between the Prelims and Mains.

    Bests to all of you !
    Plz keep it like last year.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • @ForumIAS how do we register for the programme?
  • insight 2018 pre- 32test all open. bought-7500. offering for 2.5k urgent sellout. ph-9016054001
  • @ForumIAS : I desperately need these classes (Static Revision Classes for Prelims 2018 (OFFLINE ONLY) ) in online mode. I am extremely poor in Geography and this is exactly what I need now after one round of studying. Please consider providing this online as I am not based in Delhi. Thank you in advance!
  • Please make this course online as I am not from Delhi
  • Please make this course online as I am not from Delhi

    +100000000000.. forumias please make it online.
  • I wish static was combined with CA revision classes.
  • ForumIAS said:


    c) NTPC and other PSUs have already announced that for employment to those PSUs candidates must appear for the CSE 2018 Examination.

    Guys where can i get information about which PSU has asked to appear in CSE? Whats the last date for NTPC?
  • @ForumIAS
    Those who join CA classes also get access to static revision classes as well?
  • Forum Ias please provide static classes also on Online Mode.
  • Online course costs more than offline !

    Do Forum every year (& every Pre / Mains season) buys high end equipments like camera and speakers which are very costly ?

    Or it is just that more demand and revenue comes from online mode ?
    I feel this is very smart business move to cash in people's demand and desperation B)

  • me4IAS said:

    Online course costs more than offline !

    Do Forum every year (& every Pre / Mains season) buys high end equipments like camera and speakers which are very costly ?

    Or it is just that more demand and revenue comes from online mode ?
    I feel this is very smart business move to cash in people's demand and desperation B)

    +1 bhai vision rat lo aur unki PT365.... usse jyadaa Kiya aayegaa current affairs mein
  • me4IAS said:

    Online course costs more than offline !

    Do Forum every year (& every Pre / Mains season) buys high end equipments like camera and speakers which are very costly ?

    Or it is just that more demand and revenue comes from online mode ?
    I feel this is very smart business move to cash in people's demand and desperation B)

    :o
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog