All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

forget my attempt number in IFS exam

Anyone please guide me , i forget my attempt number in IFS exam .if it has wrong ,,will my application form reject? i am totally confused,,please guide .

Comments

• As i Remember CSE and IFoS prelims were combined from 2013 so if you gave all atteempts since then then it will be 6th attempt now, if not then calculate accordingly.
  • Maybe UPSC has forgotten too.

You may fill a tentative number.

And send an e-mail to UPSC from the same e-mail id stating that the attempt number could be wrong.
  • 1ManArmy said:

Maybe UPSC has forgotten too.

And send an e-mail to UPSC from the same e-mail id stating that the attempt number could be wrong.

has anybody done that ? Even I am not sure about my attempts in forest
  • 1ManArmy said:

Maybe UPSC has forgotten too.

has anybody done that ? Even I am not sure about my attempts in forest
    Could have.
  • Cheating the comission will invite lifetime ban from appearing in public service commission exams..
  • Same here, I have forgotten too, I just put a number after trying to recall a lot, and I am anyway not impacted because by the time I started filling for forest I would not be able to avail all 6 attempts due to age limit.
  • Apply for the exam with whatever number u remember...inform the same to upsc. Take the email printout of ur communication to upsc.
  • Fill any number best you remember if you are sure that this one is not your last attempt. UPSC has no reservations over the number of attempts you made if it's not more than what you are allowed to.
  • File rti. I did the same when form came on 7th. Tiday got the reply.
  • Apply for the exam with whatever number u remember...inform the same to upsc. Take the email printout of ur communication to upsc.

Which email id ?
  • Is it feedback-upsc@gov.in ?
    P-4 | M-3* | I-0
  • edited March 2018
    Is saal IFS mein ekdam se bheed zyada ho jaane ki vajah?

yes..whatever upsc has mentioned on its website...in future u shouldnt run into trouble thats y keep a printout.

yes..whatever upsc has mentioned on its website...in future u shouldnt run into trouble thats y keep a printout.
    Thank you Sir. I have shot a mail to UPSC. I am 28. I have Minimum 5 attempts left and that 'One' attempt in 2014, I am not sure. So, I filled "Zero" in my 2018 application form. So, with 32 as age limit, I guess even assuming 5 left, I would still be left with 1 attempt when I will be 32. So, no problem I guess.
    P-4 | M-3* | I-0
  • dpagarwal said:

File rti. I did the same when form came on 7th. Tiday got the reply.

Did you receive any reply? The RTI reply I received is information on number of exhausted attempts is not available in compiled form.
    Beyond d obvious

• Mystic said:

dpagarwal said:

File rti. I did the same when form came on 7th. Tiday got the reply.

Did you receive any reply? The RTI reply I received is information on number of exhausted attempts is not available in compiled form.
    Has anyone resolved issue by any means by calling, mail, going to UPSC.
    If yes, please guide.
  • Check email inbox yu will have there message of upsc
  • Issue is forgot ifos attempt not civil service attempts.
    I have all admit cards, roll nos of previous attempts.
    Ifos is only there while filling form not in upsc notifications or admit card.
  • dalash said:

Check email inbox yu will have there message of upsc

Do you mean it is resolved by mailing upsc?
  • edited February 23
    @water2018
    If you have, kindly check the examination mentioned in the application form or admit card of all your attempts.
    It's written on it.

• I also forget my attempts but I check all messages of upsc in my email inbox which upsc sends yu after applying or registering for any exam ,so check those messages if time zonewhen upsc had started applying process in your apllied email

• @dalash I checked upsc prelims notifications. only Registration Id is mentioned. Not mentioned whether forest service is selected
    @btupsc2019 It's in application details form(of prelims) but i don't have it, not mentioned in admit card of prelims
    Has anyone requested UPSC to know anyway whether they have selected IFS.
    It's highy erroneous but it has happened
    @Neyawn
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google