List of 100 Students selected for SFG – Names and Roll Number

how an intelligent mind can guess the smart UPSC paper?

edited February 23 in Miscellaneous
how to decode the toughest paper of the world...keep reading
This thread is not for those who criticize but for those who believe.
Are the questions setters reading blogs on how to make question paper
How can we read examiners mind...??
Why he has asked such questions..?
Was the question related to current events or to aniversaries..or to some big happening that took place some 50 yrs ago or 100 yrs ago or multiple of 50

Comments

• edited February 23
    Suraj95 said:

Was the question related to current events or to aniversaries..or to some big happening that took place some 50 yrs ago or 100 yrs ago or multiple of 50

?????
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • Ee gola ma sab confusiyaagaye hain :D
  • Suraj95 said:

Some questions can be guessed by all. Like up to twenty questions or soboutbof hundred. However, it is usually like of the hundred or so important things that you guess are important , twenty or so will come.
    And a lot of seemingly important will not come.

This experience is one gains with time when you have guessed important questions for that year due to their being in news , and then seeing it actually come in the paper - repeated over a few years.

Guessing what will come , at least for prelims is not the best at approach. That’s because people who have not cleared Prelims before, often end up changing their focus from studying and revising to guessing what will come. And you become good at what you focus on. You may be able to guess ten questions , and they will come, but for ninety, you are done for good, because you are not good at studying and solving them - because you did not focus on it in the first place.

A better approach is to do the basic books multiple times and current affairs 3-4 times and practice any one paid test series to know how you fare and any one test series from the market.

That should be all you need to do if you have not cleared prelims before .

If you have cleared prelims before with a good margin, you should have your own strategy.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Suraj95 said:

Also, I can assure you that Prelims is not an intelligence game, but a revision and hard work game.

You should meet the very intelligent guys sometime. They are intelligent enough to usually guess that guessing is not the key. Studying , revising and solving tests papers is. You have to do it at least the first time.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

Suraj95 said:

Some questions can be guessed by all. Like up to twenty questions or soboutbof hundred. However, it is usually like of the hundred or so important things that you guess are important , twenty or so will come.

This experience is one gains with time when you have guessed important questions for that year due to their being in news , and then seeing it actually come in the paper - repeated over a few years.

Guessing what will come , at least for prelims is not the best at approach. That’s because people who have not cleared Prelims before, often end up changing their focus from studying and revising to guessing what will come. And you become good at what you focus on. You may be able to guess ten questions , and they will come, but for ninety, you are done for good, because you are not good at studying and solving them - because you did not focus on it in the first place.

A better approach is to do the basic books multiple times and current affairs 3-4 times and practice any one paid test series to know how you fare and any one test series from the market.

If you have cleared prelims before with a good margin, you should have your own strategy.
    Good newayn put a full stop before it's too late!
    In the name of guessing, smart work many lost their chance due to negative marks.
    Instead of trying to guess a few questions, study and revise as much as possible, everything ll fall in line.
    Hunt alone
  • @Neyawn correct.. Thanks for reinforcing
    all i need is You Lord
  • ur querry proves u r not intelligent at all...baklol ho tum..grow up...and study....
  • freeman said:

ur querry proves u r not intelligent at all...baklol ho tum..grow up...and study....

download.jpg
    258 x 195 - 16K
  • Neyawn said:

Suraj95 said:

Great
    * Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is we are powerful beyond measure*
  • Lone Wolf said:

Neyawn said:

Suraj95 said:

Good newayn put a full stop before it's too late!
    In the name of guessing, smart work many lost their chance due to negative marks.
    Instead of trying to guess a few questions, study and revise as much as possible, everything ll fall in line.
    Thanks
    * Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is we are powerful beyond measure*
  • intellgient elimination may be the option but even for that one need to study , fi u can't select one right you should select 3 wrong
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”
  • ncert syllabus to be halved by next academic year, so no need to guess. study more :smirk:
  • Sanyasi said:

Sab awsar ka khel h intelligent mind to sabhi hote h apne apne nazariye se tabhi upsc ya pcs ki preparation world me kadam rakhte h but koi chap jata h to koi chip jata h kyoki ye exam hard smart preparation se jyada good luck ki demand krta h. Bhagya me IAS PCS likha ho to success mil hi jati h or na ho to preparation ki anthin srinkhnla me aspirant apni youthful life ko upsc pcs k naam par salo sal swaha krte rahte h

25 ke baad job kar Lena chaiye...
  • i knew comments would oppose my strategy....but you should know that exam is set by experts and who the experts are highly qualified professors....if you revine your college days and end up in school days and have come across an expert in particular subject(as you feel ) then just think why he or she used to give such questions
    better take a time on delving what prompts them to ask such questions its about psychology of human behaviour

• intellgient elimination may be the option but even for that one need to study , fi u can't select one right you should select 3 wrong

fine for prelims we seeing more current and dynamic nature focussed so we can study that way

• Neyawn said:

Suraj95 said:

i disagree here my view is guessing not base on paper pattern but base on human behaviour of asking such questions

• freeman said:

ur querry proves u r not intelligent at all...baklol ho tum..grow up...and study....

growing up is not part of mugging and studying day and night, its the brain we should make use of my friend, if we really make sure why the particular question was asked and why not the one which we feel important then we have really decoded the subject of asking such questions

• edited February 25
    2018 prelims intelligent guess on number of questions:
    History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

• Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

Bro as there are broadly 7-9 subsection in prelims syllabus there will be numerous combination of number of questions to be asked from different sections. One year one subject will dominate and next year another and cycle goes on. You will never know which subject will dominate and when.
  • Bhai aisi guessing interview ke liye bacha ke rakho.. jyada kaam aayegi.. prelims aur mains m jo Funda hai whi karo..
  • Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

Splendid.How did you arrive at this kind sir?
  • Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

Splendid.How did you arrive at this kind sir?
    mann ki gandi baat
  • Suraj95 said:

Baap re!
    Dear you are jeopardizing your attempt. UPSC Rowdy Rathore hai, wo jo bolta hai wo karta hai, wo jo nahi bolta hai wo definitely karta hai. And sometimes wo na bolta hai, na karta hai, bas le leta hai. Toh simply don't underestimate UPSC's estimation capabilities to check mate you mate.
    Dear, paper setters are far smarter than us. Guessing may help only 10%, and that too when you have prepared well, 90% is your hard work and that can't be substituted with anything, mind it! anything!
    Best way or i would say the only way to crack UPSC is "CRSR" i.e. cover, revise, simulate, repeat. Cover syllabus, revise, practice test taking, repeat. Contemplating, speculating, guessing, zeroing in and all have a role only when you are almost prepared.
    Don't try to find escape from hard work in shortcuts. That's recipe of failure. Start studying and revising, you are already late.
  • I would also like to share something.

Most of the people are not aware of the competition involved.

This is because no one is sure about how much others are studying.

I interviewed four candidates in the past month.

All of them had secured single digit ranks in IFoS examination before, like Rank 1,2 and so on.

Some of them were from NIT, some from regular colleges , some from IIT + IIM , having left jobs ranging from 10 lakhs to 1.5 crore per annum.

I can tell that they were of varying intelligence.

They had scored 190+ to even 210 in past attempts ( since I know these peopl for past 1-3 years now)

But I was pained, for the lack of a better choice of word , at the immensely good level of preparation they had done, which would not compare at all to the people annually appearing for the interview .

I wanted less prepared candidates , who have no idea how prepared other people are, to watch their interviews, but then it would not be right to expose someone’s preparedness while one is still in the exam process - to people they are competing with , even if the preparation gap is very wide or even unbridgeable between the two of them.

Most of the people preparing very very well are often unassuming, and do not show off how much they have put in - unless you dig a little deep.
  • Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

I can broadly tell you two rules of guessing questions.

1) UPSC is asking questions from area of syllabus they have not touched before. So cover all those areas not asked before.

2) UPSC repeats questions it has asked before. So do questions and areas they have asked before from.

Makes sense?

P.S. The Commisssion is known to completely digress from the break up of subjects you have given here.

In case you still want to do it, you can open a crowd sourcing thread - and you can have some questions coming from that.
  • freeman said:

भकलोल ... हा हा हा !!
  • Suraj95 said:

i too had similar queries... thanks for asking fearlessly !!
  • Dead Man said:

Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

Bro as there are broadly 7-9 subsection in prelims syllabus there will be numerous combination of number of questions to be asked from different sections. One year one subject will dominate and next year another and cycle goes on. You will never know which subject will dominate and when.
    this year geography will dominate for sure

• Suraj95 said:

i too had similar queries... thanks for asking fearlessly !!
    if you can come out with more intelligent guesses, keep updating here don't care what other says, history belongs to those who look at the problem with different perspective

• Neyawn said:

Suraj95 said:

History-15
    Geography-18
    Economics-11
    Polity-18
    Environment-17
    IR-10
    Science and tech-11

I can broadly tell you two rules of guessing questions.

1) UPSC is asking questions from area of syllabus they have not touched before. So cover all those areas not asked before.

2) UPSC repeats questions it has asked before. So do questions and areas they have asked before from.

Makes sense?

P.S. The Commisssion is known to completely digress from the break up of subjects you have given here.

In case you still want to do it, you can open a crowd sourcing thread - and you can have some questions coming from that.
    there is no solution if we close our eyes and there is every solution if we dont look at just one

Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog