ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MITRA'S IAS - "ADMISSION OPEN" - NEW BATCH BEGINNING WITH WESTERN PHILOSOPHY STARTING FROM 16th NOVEMBER 11.AM (LIMITED SEATS)
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
Website:- www.mitrasias.com;  Address: MITRAS IAS , 39 PUSA ROAD, SAMAYAK TOWER OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO.- 120

Can I complete Political Science optional after prelims and give my best??

Hi folks. Please help me out. What are the odds of giving best in mains if i start pol science after prelims. I want to stick to shubra ranjan mam notes and selective reading of op gauba and heywood. I want to just focus on prelims as getting through it has become difficult.

Comments

• LGBT said:

nil

Thanks for you reply. Can you please be specific with you answer. Is it really that hard to complete.
  • Senior guys on this forum please help me.

bro sylabus bhut bda he , logo ne clear kra he pre k baad pdke bhi but those are exceptional cases....if you think you can be that exceptional case Godspeed or lg jao.....impossible kuch nhi hota, but general trend dekhe toh chances are bleak
    signature

People have done it and will continue to do it. Whether you are one of those people or not only you will know. I personally know someone with under 15 rank who has done this in psir. So best of luck.
    Rank 267 - CSE 2017

People have done it and will continue to do it. Whether you are one of those people or not only you will know. I personally know someone with under 15 rank who has done this in psir. So best of luck.
    Personally I know people who did it with philosophy also..:P
    Its impossible,nothing else. Seeing the current trend.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • LGBT said:

nil

Thanks for you reply. Can you please be specific with you answer. Is it really that hard to complete.
    I dont give false hope like topper or selected students gives, I go by reality and thinking that your above average student its next to impossible. There is no proof that it has been done in 100 days those who tell that they have done it are bullshit liers
  • Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs. My difficulty is with with section As in both papers. Section b in paper 1 is almost lakshmikanth polity and modern history. Section B in paper 2 is current affairs orineted. I am confident that i can handle section B. @LGBT Yeah syllabus is vast but i don't have any other choice. Cracking Prelims has become too difficult and with the number of 750 pakoda vacancies life would be on edge in this year prelims. Please correct me @Beuce , @Arsenal752 , @Rodion Raskolnikov if is miss something.
  • edited February 10

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs. My difficulty is with with section As in both papers. Section b in paper 1 is almost lakshmikanth polity and modern history. Section B in paper 2 is current affairs orineted. I am confident that i can handle section B. @LGBT Yeah syllabus is vast but i don't have any other choice. Cracking Prelims has become too difficult and with the number of 750 pakoda vacancies life would be on edge in this year prelims. Please correct me @Beuce , @Arsenal752 , @Rodion Raskolnikov if is miss something.

My suggestion would be "DONT EVEN THINK OF DOING IT" Perfect your present optional. Change it only and only if you feel stagnated on reading your optional and ready to drop this attempt at last moment.
    UPSC isn't serving PAKODAS to any optional my friend,you got to last at top 1-2% of every optional to make it to the list.
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited February 10
    Rank 267 - CSE 2017
  • Beuce said:

Senior guys on this forum please help me.

Personally I know people who did it with philosophy also..:P
    Its impossible,nothing else. Seeing the current trend.
    Even I know people who have done it with philosophy bhai. Mera bhi plan ek hi baar mei clear karna hai, I started optional after prelims and kuch din mei interview hai so abhi tak strategy theek chal raha hai, baaki ka pata nahi.

But my point was not psir vs philo vs commerce vs anthro, what i wanted to say is that possible hai cos people have done it and I personally know someone who has done this with psir. She is my neighbour and I trust her, thats it.

I dont know what vendetta you have where everything is binary whereby aapse nahi huwa toh impossible hi hai.
    Although i do agree that its highly unlikely and close to impossible, but it is not impossible. No hard feelings :smile:
    Mujhse nahi hua,how did that come from?
    I am saying is,same could be told for philosophy as well,where you purely discarded knowing the syllabus of both have really no corollary. Philosophy can be done in 100days for sure,dude PSIR cannot.
    Don’t have any personal vandetta my friend,it never was.
    Ex-Geography.
  • only under these conditions:
    1. you are street smart and able to identify imp points and grasp them in minimum time.
    2. super sharp memory, can reproduce in exam with 1 revision only
    3. by god's grace all your GS papers go extremely well which can make up for not-so-good pol sc paper
  • F5 said:

only under these conditions:
    1. you are street smart and able to identify imp points and grasp them in minimum time.
    3. by god's grace all your GS papers go extremely well which can make up for not-so-good pol sc paper

+100
    Rank 267 - CSE 2017
  • F5 said:

only under these conditions:

+100
    Short me bolo..:P for specially point 1 and 2..
    Ex-Geography.
  • Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs. My difficulty is with with section As in both papers. Section b in paper 1 is almost lakshmikanth polity and modern history. Section B in paper 2 is current affairs orineted. I am confident that i can handle section B. @LGBT Yeah syllabus is vast but i don't have any other choice. Cracking Prelims has become too difficult and with the number of 750 pakoda vacancies life would be on edge in this year prelims. Please correct me @Beuce , @Arsenal752 , @Rodion Raskolnikov if is miss something.

Complete PSIR optional 2018 in around 30-35 hours... direct to the point.. by my Senior in College.
    follow here- https://unacademy.com/user/amritanshu111-8385/courses
  • edited February 10
    Bhai exam lottery hai, ticket ki kimat aapka attempt hai... Jyadatar purane players like me are too deep in this rabbit hole... We tend to over exaggerate in mains to show off knowledge.. but I still remember my first attempt Jahan Kam knowledge thi, full of ideas with no saturation... So if you are feeling lucky then do go for it.. as no point in saving attemps ... As the trend is they might reduce seats even further ... So as they say in Canada peace ooot
  • Some where read a sane quote: "The Fool didnt know it was imPossible, so he did it " . Be Hungry and be foolish !!

To the question seeker : Entire Pol Sci is based on perspectives, sab discourse hai. So dissent views are obvious, here and everywhere..... Take ur call, and give it a damn try.

( I'm amused at the way people try generalizing things.... )

As Mao once told: "Power comes through barrels of guns".... Analogically, UPSC succes comes through Perseverance and patience and practice and PADHAIIII !! ATB, see u other side of road, the one less traveled...
  • Thanks a lot @SOHUM @Piku @Jon_Snow69. I would take a balanced approach while preparing pol science after looking arguments and counter arguments. But i have a gut feeling that optional could done after prelims. Rest is not in my hands. All the best to everyone. ☺

Part-B of both papers of pol sci is much more difficult.
    if it asks comment on right to education- then even class 10th pass student can write forget about the upsc pre qualified candidate and those answers will not fetch 1/10 in pol sci.
    It requires core pol sci vocabulary to score marks which is very difficult.

Rest there r some lucky guys who score good marks in short span but if they r lucky they get ias and established as benchmark.
    for others they score near highest in first attempt and appear again and get very poor marks continuously.

case 1 is 2/1500 and ratio is same for every humanities optional.
  • edited February 11
    Being Very Honest Bro , But Answer is a No . You can't complete PSIR in 100 Days and Score 250 + ! Rest Upto You :)

PS - Exceptions are there where people have done it . Miracles do happen .
  • Its time you will be writing answers but you are in dilemma as to who will evaluate your answers.
    Well we provide expert evaluation and guidance for mains answer writing for POLITICAL SCIENCE subject.
    Evaluation and personal guidance will be given by persons already in service and who have secured top marks in political science in respective years.
    Successful guidance recieved by IAS Darshan HV 2016, AIR 48.
    You can write answers for any question of your choice we shall evaluate it. Any test series you have subscribed to will be evaluated by us and guidance and structures for the answer will be given.
    All this for a minimal cost.
    Interested candidates can shw their acceptance by joining the below telegram group ...
    @corridorsofpoliticalscience

Two answers ll be evaluated for free as a demo ... Based on tat and ur satisfaction level u can subscribe
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog