ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MITRA'S IAS - "ADMISSION OPEN" - NEW BATCH BEGINNING WITH WESTERN PHILOSOPHY STARTING FROM 16th NOVEMBER 11.AM (LIMITED SEATS)
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
Website:- www.mitrasias.com;  Address: MITRAS IAS , 39 PUSA ROAD, SAMAYAK TOWER OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO.- 120

Candidate can choose Diffrent Language for GS and Optional paper

this year I saw one change..Now candidate can Choose diffrent language for GS and Optional paper..If I am wrong then plzz correct me...and I need suggestion Can I go for GS paper in Hindi and Optiona Pl Sci & IR in English???????

Comments

• Mulberry said:

No.

photo_2018-02-08_11-09-14.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 86K
  • this year I saw one change..Now candidate can Choose diffrent language for GS and Optional paper..If I am wrong then plzz correct me...and I need suggestion Can I go for GS paper in Hindi and Optiona Pl Sci & IR in English???????

Yes. It is like state pcs now
  • @Jamai Raja yes, thats what the notification says here:

Mentioned in Note-3 point (d)of notification: Medium of Examination for Optional Subject if he/she chooses any Indian Language as the Medium of Examination for Civil Services (Main) Examination

Note point iii : Candidates will have the option to answer all the question papers, except the Qualifying Language Papers, Paper-A and Paper-B, in any one of the languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India or in English. Notwithstanding this, the Candidate will have the choice to write the Optional Papers in English also if candidates opt to write Paper I-V except the Qualifying Language Papers, Paper-A and Paper-B, in any one of the language included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India
  • Talked to UPSC help centre
    The person said, "It is not a glitch and we are making this option available this year. Are you happy or not? "
    The person said, "It is not a glitch and we are making this option available this year. Are you happy or not? "

can you give me the helpline number?
  • Last year a guy!Made it to list with hindi literature optional and other papers he wrote in English
    So it was existed before you think.

can you give me the helpline number?
    There are 3 numbers on 1st page of notification.
    Try any of those until the call gets connected. (It turns out busy most of the times.)
  • Last year a guy!Made it to list with hindi literature optional and other papers he wrote in English
    So it was existed before you think.

This year the change is, you can choose different languages for GS and Optional even if the optional is not the literature of that language.
  • Suppose if i have maithili literature as an optional can i write it in hindi or english?? Please clarify
  • Suppose if i have maithili literature as an optional can i write it in hindi or english?? Please clarify

Yes you can write it in hindi or English, but maithili literature has to be written in maithili only. Don't get confused. Once you fill out the form this thing will be clear
  • I have seen it now. Iam going with sanskrit literature and it has only 3 questions totally out of two papers to be answered in sanskrit Devanagari script.
    Now can I write the remaining in languages other than English? Will upsc provide evaluators for all these kind of mix-ups??
  • guys irrespective of this change literature optional students are not allowed to change their medium.
  • Is this possible to write paper 1 to 5 in English language and then attempt the literature paper (optional , e.g Sanskrit) in Regional language?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog