MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Strange

Why after just waking up i feel negative tensed and anxious since almost a year? Why why why? It affects my whole day productivity
* Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is we are powerful beyond measure*

Comments

• Because You found about notification
  • All are tensed. It's just 350 for general guys this time.
  • Pakoda in dreams??
    na paas hone ki chinta
    na fail hone ka gam
    jab tak h dum
    form bharenge hum
  • becoz u saw saw saw the notification in ur dreams.....
  • Career anxiety.it happens just let it come n go.this shows ur human and dares to dream.atb
  • Nhi yr .. it has become regular feature. Productivity low hpjati hai
    * Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is we are powerful beyond measure*
  • Lack of Sunlight
  • Workhard said:

Nhi yr .. it has become regular feature. Productivity low hpjati hai

You shall apply Law of minima inspite of all or none law. Just make two routines for a day,one the ideal one which you need to follow as an aspirant at this juncture,the other which which you will do even in worst case scenario.
    Atleast this works for me
  • Workhard said:

Why after just waking up i feel negative tensed and anxious since almost a year? Why why why? It affects my whole day productivity

- Try to read some good literature or listen to soothing music before going to bed
    - Add meditation or some sort of exercise to your daily regime
    - Be around positive people and make new friends
    - Also try to identify the root cause of the problem and counter it

Hope the above things help you in some way or the other. ATB bro
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • Workhard said:

it's a well founded anxiety. competition is so tough, toughest in decades. what hope do people have. ...
  • Welcome to the club!
    Currently reading : No Place to Hide by Glenn Greenwald
    Last read : Unstoppable by Maria Sharapova
  • I can bet you are suffering from depression. Ditto...
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
  • There is wide gap between reality and expectations. Bring it down any how then you will feel relax.
  • Welcome to the club!

I can bet you are suffering from depression. Ditto...

Who among both of you is original? :-D
  • Wakaao said:

Welcome to the club!

I can bet you are suffering from depression. Ditto...

Who among both of you is original? :-D
    Underscore
  • edited February 7
  • edited February 7
    Workhard said:

buddy....it is a classic symptom of depression....plz seek help asap
    Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.
  • edited February 7
    This is a serious issues and many people are taking it in funny way, It is not good guys, be little sensitive and if you don't know about it than please keep mum.
    @Workhard
    yes it can be a symptom of depression but for better diagnosis you need to consult a psychiatrists.
    Morning time is worst time for a person who is under depression.
    I have been struggling with depression for the last one year now, I am taking professional help.
    Best solution is to bring some lifestyle changes in your daily routine.
    PM me.
    I can be of some help to you.
  • Workhard said:

Been there..the only thing that works for me is that I make sure when I go to sleep I am not thinking anything negative or sad...and for that I watch anything that makes me laugh or happy like an episode of friends before I sleep..so when I wake up I am generally upbeat..but Yes days when i read or watch or see anything sad/depressing/negative then I have all the negativities when I wake up in the morning and so zero studies...
    So maybe try going to bed with a positive thought...Give it a shot..it might work for you too..good luck
  • Write things down just as feel like waking up. Sureshot ilaaz hai ye. Effect jarur hoga.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • Write things down just as feel like waking up. Sureshot ilaaz hai ye. Effect jarur hoga.

Dint get u
  • edited February 7
    IWDMI said:

Write things down just as feel like waking up. Sureshot ilaaz hai ye. Effect jarur hoga.

Dint get u
    As you wake up write down the first things that come in your mind. Need not be even a sentence. Mere words. As you keep doing it mind starts to flow. You would be able to take a look at urself from a third person perspective. This is how it works. All you hv to do is simply write anything on a paper. Or if you dont want to use pen paper, write something on any of the threads here. Did you get it now? Jo dimaag ke andar fansa hai, uljha hai - chahe kitna bhi complex ho sulajh jata hai.

E.g.

Ujaala

Dar

Khushi

Dukh

Main uthunga

I have not done enough.

I am the hero.

The world belongs to me.

I m miserable.

These r simple examples. You can utter anything - positive or negative.

P.s. this can be done at any moment one is feeling down, not necessarily to be done at only dawn.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • Mujhe kya karna chahiye
  • Thanos_1 said:

Mujhe kya karna chahiye

So jaa
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • You are depressed like majority of Indians.
  • Workhard said:

try Alex cough syrup, don't know how but it seems to calm the mind down a lot so one can focus on studying.
  • Workhard said:

1. Get sunlight on daily basis for atleast 10 mins before 9am.
    2. Take multivitamin tablets. Consult a physician.
    3. Detoxify your body. Cut one whole cucumber and lemon in slices and put it in 1.5 litre of water in a jug and store it overnight . Strain and drink it in the morning.
    4.compulsorily do pranayama.
    Was in similar Position 2 years ago. It is a sign of depression, palms and feets tend to sweat etc, all 4 points helped me.. point 3 should be performed daily for 9 days after that every alternate day for 15 days. And then twice a week..
    Finally it's also about your self belief.. don't be in company of negative people.. hope it helps.
    Prelim-2, Mains-1, Interview- 0.
    Prelim cutoff prediction-
    92-96general
    89-92 obc.
  • Get antidepressant or anxiety medication.
    Trying life hacks like reading literature, watching friends will lead nowhere.. Maybe you will end watching funny videos for whole night. Time is the only thing we don't have.
    It takes only Rs.100 for consulting Dr. Behal near Canara Bank ATM + few bucks more for prescribed medicines.
    It will make sure that you give your best.
  • Doing pushups helps.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog