ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MITRA'S IAS - "ADMISSION OPEN" - NEW BATCH BEGINNING WITH WESTERN PHILOSOPHY STARTING FROM 16th NOVEMBER 11.AM (LIMITED SEATS)
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
Website:- www.mitrasias.com;  Address: MITRAS IAS , 39 PUSA ROAD, SAMAYAK TOWER OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO.- 120

Increase in attempts and age limit-A new trend

Some of you might get excited with the fact of having ur own child as a batchmate/colleague in IAS/IPS etc ,some of u might not be very welcoming of the new trend..whatever may be it cant be denied that there are cases coming up in civil services where son-father,uncle-nephew duo are appearing in civil services and a few of them clearing together.Just to give an overview ,below is an excerpt of an answer from quora

"I'm in Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) 2016 batch and undergoing training in Nagpur. There are about 160 officer trainees in my batch. Average age of the batch is 29 years. The youngest officer in the batch is 23 years old and oldest is 39 years old. It means there are about 50% officer trainees who are older than age of 30 years and obviously there are many older than 34. Many of the batchmates are married and have children.

I'd like to add an interesting fact about one of my batchmates which is pretty inspiring. He got selected at the age of 37 and he has a son who is pursuing an undergraduate degree. He has kept one attempt reserved till now, so that his last and his son's first attempt will be written together.

Also this is a common phenomenon across the services be it IAS, IPS or IFS."

Link: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-successful-candidate-in-UPSC-Civil-Services-Exam-at-the-age-of-34/answer/Rohit-Ghodke-2

Please pour down ur opinions..
All exams considered bloody tough in India-CLEARED

CSE '16 rank- In 300s

Comments

• Some of you might get excited with the fact of having ur own child as a batchmate/colleague in IAS/IPS etc ,some of u might not be very welcoming of the new trend..whatever may be it cant be denied that there are cases coming up in civil services where son-father,uncle-nephew duo are appearing in civil services and a few of them clearing together.Just to give an overview ,below is an excerpt of an answer from quora

"I'm in Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) 2016 batch and undergoing training in Nagpur. There are about 160 officer trainees in my batch. Average age of the batch is 29 years. The youngest officer in the batch is 23 years old and oldest is 39 years old. It means there are about 50% officer trainees who are older than age of 30 years and obviously there are many older than 34. Many of the batchmates are married and have children.

I'd like to add an interesting fact about one of my batchmates which is pretty inspiring. He got selected at the age of 37 and he has a son who is pursuing an undergraduate degree. He has kept one attempt reserved till now, so that his last and his son's first attempt will be written together.

Also this is a common phenomenon across the services be it IAS, IPS or IFS."

Link: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-successful-candidate-in-UPSC-Civil-Services-Exam-at-the-age-of-34/answer/Rohit-Ghodke-2

Please pour down ur opinions..

Father daughter same exam hall..wow so inspiring .
    The age/attempt should be reduced without fail.
    Something must be done against SC/ST/OBC reservation/fake reservation certificates too.
  • Atal Bihari Vajpayee and his father went to study law together and interestingly his father was his room mate in the college. They became the centre of attraction in the college. After few months his father resigned from the course.
  • Religion is the opium of the people.

"Religion, Bollywood, Cricket, and IAS/PCS Prep" is the opium of the Indian People.
  • edited February 5

Father daughter same exam hall..wow so inspiring ...

Its son for now :D
    All exams considered bloody tough in India-CLEARED

CSE '16 rank- In 300s

Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog