MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Who has the power to authorise new roads, bridges, water supply at district level? MLA/DM, etc?

Apart from MPLAD scheme. I am asking, in general, who is responsible? As a citizen, who should I complain to, and who comes up with the idea of new bridges?

Comments

• state pwd..

or. if the bridge is over a highway.. then nhai

afaik
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -4 Mains-4* Interview - 0*

Kaun kehta hai aasmaan me chhed nahi hota ?
    ek patthar to tabiyat se uchal ke dekho dost
  • kaun nahi hai responsinble - as in kiska kaam naheen hai, to issmei MP/MLA aate hain. MP/MLA's mandate is to legislate and be mindful of the people's opinion while legislating as he represents people in legislature for solely this purpose. MPLADS etc was introduced just to make MP and MLA feel relevant to people, because otherwise their job as legislators does not make an obvious sense to general masses and any disillusionment will dissuade people from voting - a retrograde step in any democracy. Legislators are infact of no use at a practical level in a cabinet form of government - and if you ask me I would say tehy should be dismissed after a cabinet is formed. But construction of roads etc. is not their work anyway. It's an exeutive function - a job of local government / administration / a service provider such as electricity board, water board etc.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog