ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Anyone joining Unacademy Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 Paid Course

Hello friends, Is anyone joining Unacademy Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 course starting from 27 Jan'18 which is of Rs 9900/-? CSE 2018 will be my first attempt and don't know what to & how to cover current affairs. Is it worthy enough to join this paid course or is there any better option available? Pls guide keeping in view that I have not covered much CA apart from Vision. And tell what u guys are doing for Current Affairs.

Comments

• Seniors any advice/suggestions pls
  • Vision pt 365 will starting soon which is better and has comprehensive coverage of current affairs (especially their pt365 compilations).
  • Don't waste money on such things.
    Pay for newspapers, pay for current affairs booklets and pay for internet to surf and read.

Most important.. Consolidate what you read.
    Make short notes.
  • Don't waste money ...just read monthly magzine of atleast 2 coaching inst. So that you can't miss information.educator on unacademy are just enthusiast like us... don't waste money....
    Veteran civil service aspirant & forumias member with new account as kr.
    # Beware of coaching promoters.
    Janhit mein jari...
  • From quora reviews about their course I would advise dont join
  • I wonder how the Demi God talked about free education free education initially and ending up generating money minting tool with sub standard educators.
  • Golem said:

I wonder how the Demi God talked about free education free education initially and ending up generating money minting tool with sub standard educators.

+1
  • Golem said:

I wonder how the Demi God talked about free education free education initially and ending up generating money minting tool with sub standard educators.

+1.
  • absolute waste of money if you ask me.Current affairs done regularly using newspapers/vision notes/insights and by one self is more internalised and beneficial for CSE.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • Instead refer mrunal vedio for gs... absolutely free...rather than #funacademy....
    Veteran civil service aspirant & forumias member with new account as kr.
    # Beware of coaching promoters.
    Janhit mein jari...
  • Thank u all for your advices.. Guys I am taking Vision Prelims tests at home but how to evaluate my performance? I mean how much score is considered good in vision Prelims test. Anyone else taking Vision test or have any idea pls share ur views
  • Thank u all for your advices.. Guys I am taking Vision Prelims tests at home but how to evaluate my performance? I mean how much score is considered good in vision Prelims test. Anyone else taking Vision test or have any idea pls share ur views

110+ . Below it need to work
  • score consistently above 60% and you will be safe..
    Unacandemy faculty quality need to improve..unless that happens its waste of money..
  • NEXTIAS ke video dekh lo YouTube pe...Deepanshu khud hi padhate hai
  • Kr said:

Don't waste money ...just read monthly magzine of atleast 2 coaching inst. So that you can't miss information.educator on unacademy are just enthusiast like us... don't waste money....

If you still want to waste money on current affairs classes, take up either vision ias or nextias classes. at least they have decent teachers and are professional. plus their material is comprehensive.
  • Golem said:

+10000 That's the summary. Unacademy is a scam. He in all his interviews and video told that it will always be free, now as any other company coaching they are charging equivalent to the market price. This is so sad and breach of trust. Most of them joining them perhaps are new third year students or Tier 2 tier 3 cities. As anyone who has iota of knowledge about UPSC would not join them. Did not expect this from Roman. I used to watch his videos.
  • Don't waste your money..Free mein NEXTIAS video de raha vo dekh lo..
    Paise kisi garib aadmi ko de dena..Dua lagegi
  • Itnaa mehngaa bech rahe hain yeh log.
    Itna toh vidvaan evam diggaj bhi nahin maangte.
    Waise bhi online mein toh kharchaa kitna kamm rehta hai, phir kaahe itna daam rakh diye yeh log
  • I am a working professional and I don't get much time to study so I hv joined it. Till now I found it really good.
  • I am a working professional and I don't get much time to study so I hv joined it. Till now I found it really good.

Tum muje funacademy ke marketing team k h lg rhe ho.. kyuki fresher se le kr senior sb gariya rhe h.. funacademy p padhane waale pehle khud to padh lein.
  • edited February 23
    Golem said:

I am a working professional and I don't get much time to study so I hv joined it. Till now I found it really good.

Tum muje funacademy ke marketing team k h lg rhe ho.. kyuki fresher se le kr senior sb gariya rhe h.. funacademy p padhane waale pehle khud to padh lein.
    I m already working in a govt organisation through SSC CGL. Dnt need to do any kind of marketing. A month ago I asked for the opinions by creating this discussion page. In the end I decided to join it and found it good for me. Anyway u have right to disagree.. All the best for ur preparations
  • edited February 23
    When I was kid, I used to think my neighbour is one of the most beautiful girl in the world. when i entered the college, found I was stupid...

Common guys see the standard of Coaching Legends of Delhi and their products... then decide.

Choman Pre test series cant match visionias, his mains TS cant match Gsscore , his coaching will NEVER match legend standards. To bhai ek badha package kyu nahi lelete jaha sari chize standard milti hai
    Cut off - ajgar range :D
  • Only Ias youtube channel is best for free coaching but it is in hindi he is master in explaining the concepts.
  • edited May 4
    About roman saini , he didnt do his mandatory one year internship in aiims instead prepared for upsc. aiims internship can be managed without actually doing by giving money(corrupt). This information is revealed by roman saini's senior from aiims . Its really funny when roman said ethics paper is close to his heart.
  • About roman saini , he didnt do his mandatory one year internship in aiims instead prepared for upsc. aiims internship can be managed without actually doing by giving money(corrupt). This information is revealed by roman saini's senior from aiims . Its really funny when roman said ethics paper is close to his heart.

There is also plagiarism charges against unacademy by a youtuber.
  • About roman saini , he didnt do his mandatory one year internship in aiims instead prepared for upsc. aiims internship can be managed without actually doing by giving money(corrupt). This information is revealed by roman saini's senior from aiims . Its really funny when roman said ethics paper is close to his heart.

The guy is good at lying.
  • edited July 11

score consistently above 60% and you will be safe..
    Unacandemy faculty quality need to improve..unless that happens its waste of money..

i feel most of Unacademy educators (*Not all of them) are aspirants themselves and Ex-Unsuccessful aspirant themselves. so how can we trust them that what they are saying is 100%correct..
    i feel unacademy has been given too much hype all bcoz of Roman Saini being an Ex-IAS...

Mod Note: Closing this thread as no useful discussion taking place apart from name calling and personal attacks
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog