MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

RBI GRADE B 2018

Any upsc veteran interested in giving RBI grade B 2018?

Comments

• Not so called veteran but plannin to quit cse aftr 2 mains thinkin of grade b as prime target. Can anyone please help how to prepare strategy n is it doable in 5 mnth time
  • I had given interview last year....Got 17 marks more than cutoff in mains...but fucked up in interview... There is no need of dedicated preparation in this exam...One month is more than sufficient to crack this exam...But Prelims is the hurdle here...
  • liverpool said:

I had given interview last year....Got 17 marks more than cutoff in mains...but fucked up in interview... There is no need of dedicated preparation in this exam...One month is more than sufficient to crack this exam...But Prelims is the hurdle here...

@liverpool Please give insight on its interview.
  • I don't knw if I cn call myself or veteran but I will be giving RBI Grade B too.
    It's time to make it count !!
  • edited January 12
    When will be notification released this year?
    For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
  • Yaar group wagera banao kuch. Ise main bhi doonga. 1 month is certainly not safe. April me hawa hai is baar ki shayad.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
  • March april main aayegaaccording to sushil sir
  • liverpool said:

I had given interview last year....Got 17 marks more than cutoff in mains...but fucked up in interview... There is no need of dedicated preparation in this exam...One month is more than sufficient to crack this exam...But Prelims is the hurdle here...

I had a query ,is the Finance and management papaer completely static and what would be a good source ( book or notes) to prepare this paper?
  • edited January 12
    i cleared this year GRADE B. I too decided last year to take a gap in cse and focus on RBI and thanks too almighty cleared. You can ask your queries i will try to help.
    "If one takes care of the means, the end will take care of itself.
  • edited January 12
    BaswanJI said:

liverpool said:

I had a query ,is the Finance and management papaer completely static and what would be a good source ( book or notes) to prepare this paper?
    No it is not static. 20% questions are current based mainly from finance. Management use internet and for finance use Prassana Chandra and Accounting NCERT plus if you have time solve numerical from RP Rustagi
  • One more thing lot of people do clear RBI with 1 month preparation but i have seen 3 of my friends who were preparing for cse miss out even though they focussed on RBI for whole year. So if you are general category competition is tough specially as English and Interview are luck based
  • karan_004 said:

One more thing lot of people do clear RBI with 1 month preparation but i have seen 3 of my friends who were preparing for cse miss out even though they focussed on RBI for whole year. So if you are general category competition is tough specially as English and Interview are luck based

Can u give detailed strategy to cover the whole syllabus of mains
    It's time to make it count !!
  • karan_004 said:

One more thing lot of people do clear RBI with 1 month preparation but i have seen 3 of my friends who were preparing for cse miss out even though they focussed on RBI for whole year. So if you are general category competition is tough specially as English and Interview are luck based

Can u give detailed strategy to cover the whole syllabus of mains
    Yup, would be real kind of you.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
  • edited January 12
    karan_004 said:

3 queries:
    1. What was your time allotment for RBI? (Months, and hours/week)
    2. Which portions are the trickiest? Which ones are the easiest? Attempting strategy of yours?
    3. Does everything pertain to the syllabus? What's the best way to tackle reasoning and General Awareness?
  • karan_004 said:

BaswanJI said:

liverpool said:

No it is not static. 20% questions are current based mainly from finance. Management use internet and for finance use Prassana Chandra and Accounting NCERT plus if you have time solve numerical from RP Rustagi
    please tell more about accounting strategy. Can you tell the chapters we got to study from prasanna chandra? it is a bulky book.
  • karan_004 said:

i cleared this year GRADE B. I too decided last year to take a gap in cse and focus on RBI and thanks too almighty cleared. You can ask your queries i will try to help.

Hiw to clear quant part in pre. I always get 20+ than overall cutoff. But cannot clear cutoff of quant twice.
  • F5 said:

karan_004 said:

BaswanJI said:

liverpool said:

please tell more about accounting strategy. Can you tell the chapters we got to study from prasanna chandra? it is a bulky book.
    Read first 11 chapters they are most imp.Use youtube videos for concept clarity
  • dpagarwal said:

karan_004 said:

Hiw to clear quant part in pre. I always get 20+ than overall cutoff. But cannot clear cutoff of quant twice.
    choose 5-6 topics work on that. Start with quantitative section and focus on accuracy.
  • karan_004 said:

3 queries:
    2. Which portions are the trickiest? Which ones are the easiest? Attempting strategy of yours?
    3. Does everything pertain to the syllabus? What's the best way to tackle reasoning and General Awareness?
    1.)I started in feb end and everyday gave 4 hrs.
    2.)Finance is tricky. Focus on scoring in ESI,English--I got 72 in ESI,59 IN FINANCE, 84 in English.
    3.)syllabus is vague. see previous papers to see what areas to focus..Reasoning focus on verbal reasoning as it is less time taking in exam
  • karan_004 said:

karan_004 said:

3 queries:
    2.)Finance is tricky. Focus on scoring in ESI,English--I got 72 in ESI,59 IN FINANCE, 84 in English.
    3.)syllabus is vague. see previous papers to see what areas to focus..Reasoning focus on verbal reasoning as it is less time taking in exam
    Thank you.
  • edited January 12
    karan_004 said:

dpagarwal said:

karan_004 said:

choose 5-6 topics work on that. Start with quantitative section and focus on accuracy.</blockquote.........

• karan_004 said:

F5 said:

karan_004 said:

BaswanJI said:

liverpool said:

Read first 11 chapters they are most imp.Use youtube videos for concept clarity
    rp rustagi is very bulky..will ncert accounting suffice, can we solve most numericals with it?
  • Could you help specific chapters of Prasanaa Chandra, or

Are there alternative sources?
  • liverpool said:

karan_004 said:

Those who've cleared, can you share your Phase II marks breakup ?

karan_004 scored 215, that's ~20 above the cutoff ( 196.75 ). Final cutoff is 245.75, interview marks is more than 30/50. I guess one should have at least 20-25 marks more than cutoff in Phase 2 to be safe.

I scored 165.75 (ESI 48.75 + Eng 75 + FM 42 ) this year, SC cat, no dedicated prep, no books, just had been testing the watres of UPSC prep. Finance and management i could only answer a few questions as I had learnt a few things about investing.

This year, I feel more confident for RBI Grade B as i have been reading Ramesh Singh for UPSC ( in my opinion this book alone can help clear the economy questions in ESI paper ). Also am more dedicated towards Current Affairs, so that'll help me get better marks. Only thing left is Finance, need to do some research to get materials for it, won't go too deep, just the basics will suffice I suppose.

• mitraark said:

liverpool said:

karan_004 said:

Those who've cleared, can you share your Phase II marks breakup ?

karan_004 scored 215, that's ~20 above the cutoff ( 196.75 ). Final cutoff is 245.75, interview marks is more than 30/50. I guess one should have at least 20-25 marks more than cutoff in Phase 2 to be safe.

I scored 165.75 (ESI 48.75 + Eng 75 + FM 42 ) this year, SC cat, no dedicated prep, no books, just had been testing the watres of UPSC prep. Finance and management i could only answer a few questions as I had learnt a few things about investing.

This year, I feel more confident for RBI Grade B as i have been reading Ramesh Singh for UPSC ( in my opinion this book alone can help clear the economy questions in ESI paper ). Also am more dedicated towards Current Affairs, so that'll help me get better marks. Only thing left is Finance, need to do some research to get materials for it, won't go too deep, just the basics will suffice I suppose.

liverpool said:

Let's form a WhatsApp group
  • RBI GRADE B 2018 Whatsapp group join in

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GkoOBXI6cFm0avgsmdBFVd
    And I will whisper 'no'.

Abe whatassp ke jageh telegram par nahi ban sakta kya? Whatsapp bahot memory khata hai be!

Abe whatassp ke jageh telegram par nahi ban sakta kya? Whatsapp bahot memory khata hai be!
    True
  • edited January 13
    I had 210 marks (67.5 in ESI; 79 in Eng.; 63.5 in FM) in phase-II, but got less marks in interview. So, I was out. :/
  • I too am in for RBI Grade B. Let's make a telegram group or i believe there already is a telegram group . But let's make a different one for us guys from forum and then we can help each other out to solve problems relating to RBI
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog