MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

2017 mains performamnce pub adm

Guys whats the status??

Comments

• Guys whats the status??

What about you?? Me out
  • Out with pub ad .....
  • In

i hope i will write this someday.
  • In

you will.
    You're a Warrior, damn it.
  • In

+121
  • In
    Optional : Pub ad
  • out. . 2nd mains...
    Pre : 4. Mains : 2. Interview : 0.
    Public administration.
  • edited January 11
    mniaj said:

out. . 2nd mains...

Same thing happened to me
  • Lagta hai pub Ad ka performance utna accha nahi, jitna exam k baad non pub ad logo ne hawa bana di thi.
  • Out....4th attempt.
    Not appearing any further.
    All the best :)
  • what worked for those who have cleared? please share your strategy
  • Bhaiyo kuch infotmation share karo...
  • @Lionidus @achilles07 Congrats and best wishes for interview! Kindly share the resources you followed, strategy of preparation, test series, studying 2nd ARC etc.
  • hunkaar said:

@Lionidus @achilles07 Congrats and best wishes for interview! Kindly share the resources you followed, strategy of preparation, test series, studying 2nd ARC etc.

Bhai I am not the best one to approach for suggestions still..dont know what the marksheet is carrying ....somehow managed paper 2 was disaster paper 1 only wrote basic stuff ..my view will be very raw as i have never gone to any coaching ..live far away from delhi..for interview i have not too many hopes ....i will be there in 2018 game definitely..test series are ok for writing practice only ..dont take their comments too seriously.but writing is must slow writing haunts in easy generic papers...ARC is must..
  • Lionidus said:

hunkaar said:

@Lionidus @achilles07 Congrats and best wishes for interview! Kindly share the resources you followed, strategy of preparation, test series, studying 2nd ARC etc.

Bhai I am not the best one to approach for suggestions still..dont know what the marksheet is carrying ....somehow managed paper 2 was disaster paper 1 only wrote basic stuff ..my view will be very raw as i have never gone to any coaching ..live far away from delhi..for interview i have not too many hopes ....i will be there in 2018 game definitely..test series are ok for writing practice only ..dont take their comments too seriously.but writing is must slow writing haunts in easy generic papers...ARC is must..
    Please suggest if complete ARC should be done for paper 2 or summary (of GS Score or others) would be suffice. @achilles07
  • It depends on time availability
    Even summary is good.In the end it depends how you are able to use it. Whixh is the most difficult part.
  • In
    The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.
  • IN.

Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.

• Please give some strategy for paper 2...I have read aribam but no use this time....from where should I take content for paper 2...from where can I take examples ??
  • Please give some strategy for paper 2...I have read aribam but no use this time....from where should I take content for paper 2...from where can I take examples ??

Paper 2 : rajni goyal,arc for ex u need to cover newspapers and some journals.Will let you know after some time.Aribam is useless for p2 according to me.In p 2 answer writing style also matters.
  • Hi Guys and Gals, I have been regular visitor to ForumIAS ever since I started my preparation before 2.5 years ago. I have given 2 Prelims(CSE 2016 and 2017), 2 Mains, 1 Interview Experience. I am grateful to who ever founded it. For if it is not available, I would have felt lost long before when i started this preparation. This is my first discussion or comment in this forum in past 2 years, because the situation deems fit with recent mains result out before 3 days. Many people are getting disheartened for having given so many years to this exam and struggling to clear this exam with desired service( including me).

For all them , I want to say, I can feel the pain doston :'( as I'm one among you all striving to get two digit rank. But as buddha saying goes by " Any emotions be it hate or craving for things will incapacitate us from seeing the real picture". It is time for us to self introspect and work in right direction to get the fruit we rightly deserve. From among what I have seen with the current trend of people who come out successfully in CSE, they have done following things rightly,

1. Having a serious peer group of not more than 10(Close can be even Pan India one but write and cross correct at same time ) to work on Test Series( MAINS) and followed it religiously and getting it corrected among them by minimum 3-4 people.

2. Have never worried about completing the Test series syllabus, but concentrated more on converting what ever they have on mind irrespective of their syllabus completion into beautiful appealing to the point answers to the demand of the question within time limit.

3. Have always been open to criticism and attitude of taking things lightly to some suggestions and finally taking a their own call and follow what their heart tell(sometimes gut ;) )

I have realized that even with lot of test series I had written in 2017, I could not clear because I was passionate about writing but not correcting my mistakes when pinpointed when some one corrects my paper(EGO ). I was going behind finishing syllabus before taking pen in hand as got satisfied with one or two secure answers daily without realizing the difference between writing for 3 hours stretch and getting it corrected with atleast 2-3 people( would have added much value, but always cried that I dint have close serious aspirant as I did self study) or posting posting one Secure answer daily and getting it corrected by few non serious aspirant( I feel following this things has backfired my chances of clearing CSM 2017).

The latter method may have worked for many, but it is also true that It dint give me fruit I wanted at the end of the day. So guys and gals I invite serious aspirants who have already written mains cleared/ not cleared and Interview cleared/ not cleared to a serious watsapp group( Not more than 15) We shall put up a conference call to discuss about whether we shall start some Test Series.

Many of Test Series is freely available say Vision IAS( 30 Test one year mains Test series booklet) which has a reputation of giving lucid and better coverage answers. Many may even think why do I have to be ina group to write Test series with Questions and Answers available in my laptop. I too though the same last year for which I paid the price by getting knocked out of CSM 2017. When there is no group, the feel of lack of competitive peers writing the same test series(at their respective home) with us will reduce the excitement we have during writing test( a psychological thing). Say first test we will be writing well with excitement, but I'm sure we may start missing dates and discontinue writing for there is no incentive to write good answers as there is no one to care for asking you whether you are writing test let alone getting it corrected by few peers :wink:

The Close Cross Writing and Correction group - Pan India( less than 10 - 15 members in watsapp or telegram say) will push us to stick to deadline and get out scripts corrected by each other who are serious and know the pain what I'm talking about even in PDF mode in watsapp or email or by Conference call(just saying or any mode) even though we may be away from each other by hundreds of kilometers. Today's technology and cheap means of communication can make this possible. Already Secure Initiative does the same, but it is mere 4-8 questions and answers corrected by people who are not regular and one does not has incentive while writing answers as they do no the same person who corrected day before yesterday will be correcting today's answer. Many time our answers don't get even reviewed in spite of our efforts to correct others scripts.

I am attaching Test Schedule for Vision Mains Test Series, dates can be fixed after the group is formed after talking to each other in person via phone. The Important thing here is not covering the syllabus again. I envision, we should write the test series with what ever content we have as of now, but we will be sustainable in writing one 3 hour test every two days( timing for writing common can be fixed for all in the group) covering 30 Test in 60 days( say before March End leaving you 2 full months for prelims and even in this first 2 months we are writing, we are not going to give time for mains except for test writing 3 hrs for writing and correcting each other paper say another 3-4 hrs every two days .

All we are gonna do is help each other improving presentations, graphs, diagram, more points to the asked question innovating different forms of answer. This will help us get over the sadness this Mains results has given us( CSM 2017 uncleared) or condition our mind and hand well for great marks in Mains mocks we will obviously do in local Test series centres increasing confidence. I also invite people who have cleared CSM 2017, because one seriously don't know one will be landing into the desired service one have some passion about( I wish all you guys should get your desired service, but again there is nothing wrong in keeping the hand busy ;) in writing till one get out of this vicious cycle with their first preference of service :)

I know that this exam is Full of Luck, but I also deeply believe that Luck favours the people who are smart and Intelligent in addition to being brave. Lets come back strong fellas and Rock CSE 2018 conclusively!!!

People interested in joining this movement whether you have watsapp or not, inbox your intent and don't post your number in this discussion thread ( Right to Privacy :wink: ), from there we can take this forward. Sorry for long post :)

Disclaimer : This group which I'm talking about should consist of people who have experienced or seen other's pain of losing out in few marks either from the Mains list or final list or from desired service and know the value of answer writing. So Only serious guys inbox me in private. Please ignore if something from this post has offended anyone in any way, Just expressed what I had on mind at this sad state on mind and want to capitalize this momentum positively for me as well as for others who are interested :smile:
    pdf
    pdf
    schedule_if.pdf
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog