MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Geography optional mains performance(share mistakes and what worked)

Please share your mistakes and what worked for those who got through.

Comments

• In with geo... Others also please post your result
    Indian Forest Service 2018 batch
  • In with geo
    One can evaluate performance only after marks are declared.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • In with geo
    One can evaluate performance only after marks are declared.

In.

Agree abt evaluation, especially with the kind of optional we have chosen.
    Rank 109, CSE 2017. Geo.
  • will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015
  • like pls answer how u solved the hearltland theory question,applicability of cpt, contemporary paradigms in geography.... any one pls.. take it as a request
  • Out.. First attempt.. :(
    2017 : Mains out.
    2018 : Ready for Mains.
  • Out second mains. Geography.
  • gobardhan said:

will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015

I'll write all P2 answers someday.. Had written 3-4 answers just after mains, but then didn't feel enough motivation so stopped :/
    https://maverick33blog.wordpress.com/ Will add more, once I feel like.
    Not active.
  • Out. BC ye optional me chaiye kya samajh hi nahi aa raha.
    BTW,first attempt. Thinking to commit suicide again.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • In with geog..guys who cud not make it plz dont panic..
  • Beuce said:

Out. BC ye optional me chaiye kya samajh hi nahi aa raha.

022-25521111
  • @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips

Sir 1st mains with geo....not cleared....dnt knw how to proceed with geo now. Plz guide.
  • In. I think geog has done well.
  • Beuce said:

Peace bro. Last time went to interview. This time out in mains. I can understand your frustrations bro. We have just fallen from the seed, we shall grow into a tree one day. Much stronger. Relax buddy. Try hard next time. I am not advising you. Trying my best to calm you.
  • gobardhan said:

will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015

I'll write all P2 answers someday.. Had written 3-4 answers just after mains, but then didn't feel enough motivation so stopped :/
    https://maverick33blog.wordpress.com/ Will add more, once I feel like.
    will wait for further answers sir... @Mudit_jain_ips u sir pls also contribute
  • Beuce said:

Peace bro. Last time went to interview. This time out in mains. I can understand your frustrations bro. We have just fallen from the seed, we shall grow into a tree one day. Much stronger. Relax buddy. Try hard next time. I am not advising you. Trying my best to calm you.
    Thanks a lot Sir.
    Yes I will..:) Need to work much harder..and would do it..
    Ex-Geography.
  • out with Geography optional(1st mains).
  • In with geog..guys who cud not make it plz dont panic..

Congratulations sir, Wish to see you in IAS list this time.
    Ex-Geography.
  • gobardhan said:

Hello,
    Definitely after the marksheet comes. Still don't know what worked and clicked. :)
    But as others mentioned after mains this time, savindra Singh + Rupa made simple is a necessary combo to be done.
    Atb :)
  • @nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.
    Hope you clear it with top ranks.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

@nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.

@Beuce thank you so much. And please don't think of giving up at all. Take a break. Take a week off from all of this and get back with vengeance. This exam is highly unpredictable but don't give up after the first attempt.
    I remember talking to you before mains and you had covered solid base in geography. Just give geogrogaphy and GS a directed effort now.
    All the best. God bless you :)
  • nandini said:

Beuce said:

@nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.

@Beuce thank you so much. And please don't think of giving up at all. Take a break. Take a week off from all of this and get back with vengeance. This exam is highly unpredictable but don't give up after the first attempt.
    I remember talking to you before mains and you had covered solid base in geography. Just give geogrogaphy and GS a directed effort now.
    Thankyou very much ma’m.
    Definitely not leaving it. Would seek help from whenever the need arises. Please be there(Inspite of making ti the final list this year) :)
    Ex-Geography.
  • In , with a very bad optional
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
  • Congrats Nandini

I guess natural law concerns Nature only :smiley:

All the best for interviews
    Prepare well !

Do share your geography tips
    TIA :)
    Mita de apni hasti ko gar kuch martaba chahe,
    Ki daana khaak me milke Gul-o-gulshan hota hai !
  • Mudit Jain sir and nandini mam plz can u elaborate ur sources for geography optional?
  • in with geo.... maybe performed good in gs
    indian police service

कोई चुनाव मत करिए. जीवन को ऐसे अपनाइए जैसे वो अपनी समग्रता में है
  • PS9 said:

Congrats Nandini

I guess natural law concerns Nature only :smiley:

All the best for interviews
    Prepare well !

Do share your geography tips
    TIA :)

Seems so :)
    And thank you.
    Will do so, when marksheet gives me a picture of what helped and what didn't :)

• Hello,
    Definitely after the marksheet comes. Still don't know what worked and clicked. :)
    But as others mentioned after mains this time, savindra Singh + Rupa made simple is a necessary combo to be done.

Were you able to attempt all the questions in Paper 1?

• Hello,

Were you able to attempt all the questions in Paper 1?

No. Paper 2 went quite well but paper 1 went pretty bad. I don't even remember the numbers of questions I attempted correctly but I didn't know atleast 2 questions entirely.
  • nandini said:

gobardhan said:

Hello,
    congrats dear.. i really wish u make it to the final list with a great rank.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog