CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

New Cadre Policy - Queries and Doubts - CSE/ IFOS 2017

@root please make it announcement for the time being.

Comments

• this is how i am filling for ifos
    cadreee.png
    1193 x 537 - 84K
    2013 prelims failed
    2014 prelims failed
    2015 didnot appear
    2016 cleared pre & mains but not interview
    2017 got IPS
    2018 Journey continues...

• Kali said:

this is how i am filling for ifos

Why filling West Bengal so low ? Any specific reason ?
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • not able to log in. anybody else is facing the same issue?
    अभी से पाँव के छाले न देखो

अभी यारो सफ़र की इब्तिदा है
  • can anyone make it announcement?
    @root @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @DrKingSchultz
  • Darko_2 said:

can anyone make it announcement?

Announced your grace !

@Trupence Grasshopper

Don’t you know ?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

Darko_2 said:

Announced your grace !

@Trupence Grasshopper

Don’t you know ?
    Getting mixed reviews about it.So was seeking others' opinion.

• Neyawn said:

Darko_2 said:

Announced your grace !

@Trupence Grasshopper

Don’t you know ?
    Hmm, What Cadre has been allocated to you from last selection?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

Neyawn said:

Darko_2 said:

Announced your grace !

@Trupence Grasshopper

Don’t you know ?
    Hmm, What Cadre has been allocated to you from last selection?
    West Bengal

• Guys this was my 3rd attempt. I don't want to waste rest of my attempts. I want to ask whether attempt will be counted if i apply only for IFOS
  • Guys this was my 3rd attempt. I don't want to waste rest of my attempts. I want to ask whether attempt will be counted if i apply only for IFOS

No .
  • Kisi ne cadre fill kar liya ho to ek screenshot upload kar do pls.
  • edited January 13
    Guys if you could upload screenshots and give a short justification on your order of preference, it would be very helpful for others :smile:
  • If you leave one whole zone unfilled, it is allowed. I guess then they will use alphabetical order to allot you that zone once you cannot get anything from preferences.
  • edited January 14
    Many aspirants say that communist states such as Kerala and West Bengal are not.good for IAS. Is it real ? Similarly Punjab cadre is considered not somgood for IAS due to promotion issues ? So should we put them at last ?
  • What if I dont fill my home state as first preference, and if I fill in between different cadres. Will it be skipped and next choice in the same would be taken, or selection will jump to the next zone? This is a looming doubt !!
    PSIR
    Mains-01 (864 Marks)
    Interview-01
    UPSC- CAPF(AC) 2017 AIR 11
    Tryst with Prelims 2018
  • What if I dont fill my home state as first preference, and if I fill in between different cadres. Will it be skipped and next choice in the same would be taken, or selection will jump to the next zone? This is a looming doubt !!

u might not be considered for home state at all
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks

Either your home cadre will be considered for your first choice if you fill so, or it won't be considered at all. Written in the policy .
  • edited January 15
    note last 3 lines
    image.png
    893 x 167 - 70K
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • Dear All Aspirants, Congratulations :smile: , before filling your Cadre ,you can refer this link.

• Dear All Aspirants, Congratulations :smile: , before filling your Cadre ,you can refer this link.

+1/0
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • If you leave one whole zone unfilled, it is allowed. I guess then they will use alphabetical order to allot you that zone once you cannot get anything from preferences.

What if questions arise in interview : Why is one particular zone not filled?

Will cadre preference page also go to chairman of board?
  • Invictuss said:

If you leave one whole zone unfilled, it is allowed. I guess then they will use alphabetical order to allot you that zone once you cannot get anything from preferences.

Sir, the zones I have filled in are my preferred zones and the remaining are all equal for me. I don't have any problem in working there and I don't have any preference order for those states, hence I didn't fill in that zone.
    The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.
  • IWRA said:

Invictuss said:

If you leave one whole zone unfilled, it is allowed. I guess then they will use alphabetical order to allot you that zone once you cannot get anything from preferences.

Sir, the zones I have filled in are my preferred zones and the remaining are all equal for me. I don't have any problem in working there and I don't have any preference order for those states, hence I didn't fill in that zone.
    Thanks bhai
  • This is how I am filling the cadre preference for IFoS. Any suggestions are highly welcome.
    Cadre IFoS.PNG
    1366 x 728 - 131K
  • 99?....not interested to serve there...most of these states have good forest cover

This is how I am filling the cadre preference for IFoS. Any suggestions are highly welcome.

• Does anything other than the first two choices even matter? If one doesn't get the 1st choice the 2nd one will be most likely allotted,right? Why fill up all the states when the first two options are what really matters? Just a newbie doubt
  • Can someone give some idea about cadres -- Political pressure, Autonomy, etc... considering this things in mind...
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • Kal_El said:

Does anything other than the first two choices even matter? If one doesn't get the 1st choice the 2nd one will be most likely allotted,right? Why fill up all the states when the first two options are what really matters? Just a newbie doubt

Wrong assumption. This is more often not true. How can everyone get one of first two choices.
  • Can someone give some idea about cadres -- Political pressure, Autonomy, etc... considering this things in mind...

http://forumias.com/portal/choosing-the-state-cadre-options-be-wise/
  • 99?....not interested to serve there...most of these states have good forest cover

This is how I am filling the cadre preference for IFoS. Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Will look into it. Thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog