MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Can I take any leave during 3 month's notice period in PSU/NTPC??

I am under notice period of resignation for 3 months after serving for 5 yrs.My HR says I can't take any leave during this period...hr policy on it is unclear...but as u know,3 mnths is a very long period...how can any1 come regularly..what happens when an emergency comes or I hv to go for like a week or 10-15 days in between??Can they take any serious disciplinary axn??Plz help exprncd guys!!! What can I do in such a case...3 mnths is a very long tym..I mi8 hv to take sum leave in between...it's nt psble to come to duty for 90 days regularly !!!

Comments

• I am under notice period of resignation for 3 months after serving for 5 yrs.My HR says I can't take any leave during this period...hr policy on it is unclear...but as u know,3 mnths is a very long period...how can any1 come regularly..what happens when an emergency comes or I hv to go for like a week or 10-15 days in between??Can they take any serious disciplinary axn??Plz help exprncd guys!!! What can I do in such a case...3 mnths is a very long tym..I mi8 hv to take sum leave in between...it's nt psble to come to duty for 90 days regularly !!!

I also fesigned from a psu recently aftervserving 3 months notice period. You can take leaves but the notice period gets extended by the no of leaves you have taken during 90days periid.
  • banbhatt said:

I am under notice period of resignation for 3 months after serving for 5 yrs.My HR says I can't take any leave during this period...hr policy on it is unclear...but as u know,3 mnths is a very long period...how can any1 come regularly..what happens when an emergency comes or I hv to go for like a week or 10-15 days in between??Can they take any serious disciplinary axn??Plz help exprncd guys!!! What can I do in such a case...3 mnths is a very long tym..I mi8 hv to take sum leave in between...it's nt psble to come to duty for 90 days regularly !!!

I also fesigned from a psu recently aftervserving 3 months notice period. You can take leaves but the notice period gets extended by the no of leaves you have taken during 90days periid.
    Thanx bro..do I hv d option of paying dem for leave taken instead of extending notice period...also wat leave I can take...I hv CL/el/sick leave etc ????
  • In my notice periodetterit was

banbhatt said:

Thanx bro..do I hv d option of paying dem for leave taken instead of extending notice period...also wat leave I can take...I hv CL/el/sick leave etc ????
    In my notice period letter it was written notice period will be extended by as many days for any kind of leave availed during the leriod. So i assume any leave can be taken. And yes ypu can pay them the money for extended period. And also there is a provision for exempting the full nitice period, means you dont have to give any amount. But it is the discretion if comletent authority.
  • But, in case one has resigned and has got offer letter for some government job then 3 month notice period is relaxed & ur resignation Process is fast tracked..
    # heard somewhere...
  • Take casual leave, nothing will happen. If you want to appear in upsc interview then tell them. Govt companies have specific leave for that purpose
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog