MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Correction in DAF

I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Comments

• I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Those things do not disqualify you nor do they create a problem in your selecetion. You can visit UPSC or call them. They will usually ask you to submit a letter pointing to the same and requesting for correction.

If you are not in Delhi, please keep a copy of letter and the receipt of speed post with you.

Rest assured it is not a big issue at all. You can request for that correction now, or wait for the results to come.
    Feel free to share what you did and what happened. A lot of people will be going through this thread in future and you will be helping them all.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Those things do not disqualify you nor do they create a problem in your selecetion. You can visit UPSC or call them. They will usually ask you to submit a letter pointing to the same and requesting for correction.

If you are not in Delhi, please keep a copy of letter and the receipt of speed post with you.

Rest assured it is not a big issue at all. You can request for that correction now, or wait for the results to come.
    Feel free to share what you did and what happened. A lot of people will be going through this thread in future and you will be helping them all.
    Simple e-mail to upsc will solve your problem... I rectified the same in my daf...
  • Do we need to submit any certificate of work experience/ employment??
  • @Neywan: Thanks
    @liverpool: Thanks..Can you please mention the ID to which you had sent mail..
    @dreamer_of_dilli: There is no need to submit any certificate of work experience/employment.
  • @rinkoomeena_14 : thanks for information
  • @Neywan: Thanks
    @liverpool: Thanks..Can you please mention the ID to which you had sent mail..
    @dreamer_of_dilli: There is no need to submit any certificate of work experience/employment.

Contact me jo upsc website ke liye diya hai... Wahi...
  • Feedback upsc@.... Wale pe
  • @liverpool I have sent the mail....but.....How would I know that they have corrected the date in DAF?
  • I have not written that I appeared for cds,nda and capf ......though I wasn't selected.Is there need to send it,for correction.
  • @liverpool I have sent the mail....but.....How would I know that they have corrected the date in DAF?

Wait for few days... A mail will come to you regarding the change... You can communicate then
  • edited January 7
    Bakr Bakr Bakr
    I am Super Moderator.
    I will ban everyone :trollface:
  • @liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Kindly reply
    IPS in making
  • liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Email ur issue to csm-upsc@nic.in
    And then follow up with ext 3141 next day. They will let you know the status.
  • nonpareil said:

liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Email ur issue to csm-upsc@nic.in
    And then follow up with ext 3141 next day. They will let you know the status.
    What is ext 3141? some phone number?
    Prelims: 4; Mains: 4; PT: 1; no rank

Kindly reply
    I don't think they will ask for your experience certificates. I had gone for EPFO interview which had 2 years of work experience in relevant field as desirable qualification and they didn't even ask for the certificates despite filling 3 or 4 job details. This was the same for all.

For CSM Interview, I assume they will be verifying only those certificates mentioned in the check list and instructions doc uploaded along with the e-summon letter.

@rinkoomeena_14 Forget about any erroneous date that you have filled in DAF. I am sure the board will have plenty of other things to concentrate on in your DAF. Say it was a typo in case they ask
    Prelims - 3 - 2015, 2016, 2017
    Mains - 2 - 2016, 2017
    Interview -1 - 2017
  • @rinkoomeena_14 @ExNihilo please dial to facilitation number and then use this extension number (3141).
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog