ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Insight Current Affair and Out Of syllabus questions in Test Series

edited January 1 in Test Series
Hi guys , You all know It is not possible to do more than 1 test series effectively, It is advisable to do 1 test series religiously and revise all questions atlest 2 times before prelims. I am following VisionIAS and know importance of insights test series. I have an idea why not we create a group of 35 people each voluntarily taking 1 test and compiling CA and out of Basic book questions from Vision and Insight test series. Only veteran are welcome and those who can distinguish between questions belong to basic syllabus and not.

Make 1 google doc and copy paste those questions and person updating must take backup so unscrupulous elements cant delete it....

Comments

• edited January 1
    I m religiously following VisionIAS TS , I can Update on it... Insights guys u can update insight Document... lets do head count so we can initiate work on it..... so b4 prelim we can revise those CA or out of syllabus concepts... other test series guys like IASBABA, Forumias, Shankar , GSscore are also welcome...
  • good idea count me in ....
  • good idea count me in ....

Great.. lets head count get increased....
  • edited January 2
    @habibi_ias Finally a smart tactic discussion on forum. I am planning to give Insights TS around mid-Jan. You can count me also! :smiley:
    But why not filter CA from Out-of-syllabus portion too? Considering the fact that their CA questions have high frequency of matches in Prelims.
    ऐ राजा राजा राजा,
    करेजा में समाजा
  • edited January 2
    Yes raja there will be two type of questions... 1 CA covered in that Test series 2 data not available in basic book that can be very useful...
  • purpose of exercise is to reduce effort and avoid time on topics like how bills passed, bioremediation, largest galcier etc we already spent in Favorite TS e.g. My visionias...

every TS repeat 80 question from basic stuffs.

we want to do those questions in TS that designer thought important exam point of view.
  • Yes raja there will be two type of questions... 1 CA covered in that Test series 2 data not available in basic book that can be very useful... example today I seen semi-presidential system govt.. where both PM and President directly elected.. France is that country President responsible for foreign subjects and PM for domestic subjects..... such questions we expect from out of syllabus ...means not available in basic book... like laxmi...

correct me if above data available .lol

World's Constitution is not in syllabus of Prelims, but Mains. But now I understood, what you meant by 'Out-of-syllabus'.
    ऐ राजा राजा राजा,
    करेजा में समाजा

• Mujhe laga Trivago deta hai 100 se zyada different test series ko search karke best questions.

Kya aapne kabhi online question search kia h?
  • Shad said:

Mujhe laga Trivago deta hai 100 se zyada different test series ko search karke best questions.

Kya aapne kabhi online question search kia h?

trivago deta hai... work to log karte hai... we are just facilitator....
  • i am interested.
  • So I am compiling Visionias.... please voluntarily take other TS
  • Interested, but i have only vision ts , and i am not residing in delhi , so cant get other ts from market. i can get insights test from delhi in march beginning only
    signature
  • Interested, but i have only vision ts , and i am not residing in delhi , so cant get other ts from market. i can get insights test from delhi in march beginning only

time is not constraint..... we want everything ready by march end... everything in the sense all tests covered till that date...so only updation will be needed after that.
  • Hi guys , You all know It is not possible to do more than 1 test series effectively, It is advisable to do 1 test series religiously and revise all questions atlest 2 times before prelims. I am following VisionIAS and know importance of insights test series. I have an idea why not we create a group of 35 people each voluntarily taking 1 test and compiling CA and out of Basic book questions from Vision and Insight test series. Only veteran are welcome and those who can distinguish between questions belong to basic syllabus and not.

Make 1 google doc and copy paste those questions and person updating must take backup so unscrupulous elements cant delete it....

one advise that i always give to people prepare according to Syllabus and UPSC past papers
    All institutes ask questions from their material. In order to be seen different they give useless questions. Last year one test series started asking Ethics questions in Prelims test series lol
    Stick to basics and pattern. Also in UPSC paper one need to get 55-58 correct so one can afford to skip 20 questions :)
  • Hi guys , You all know It is not possible to do more than 1 test series effectively, It is advisable to do 1 test series religiously and revise all questions atlest 2 times before prelims. I am following VisionIAS and know importance of insights test series. I have an idea why not we create a group of 35 people each voluntarily taking 1 test and compiling CA and out of Basic book questions from Vision and Insight test series. Only veteran are welcome and those who can distinguish between questions belong to basic syllabus and not.

one advise that i always give to people prepare according to Syllabus and UPSC past papers
    All institutes ask questions from their material. In order to be seen different they give useless questions. Last year one test series started asking Ethics questions in Prelims test series lol
    Stick to basics and pattern. Also in UPSC paper one need to get 55-58 correct so one can afford to skip 20 questions :)
    yes u are right...esp for areas like Art, history where sky is limit. every TS add 10 questions bouncer no chance at all to come in upsc even that concept or type... but last year I seen certain questions in insights enlighting and every upsc aspirants must know that ..we get atlest 300 exotic questions usme se 200 bakwas hi hoge... 100 we can use....

yes u are right...esp for areas like Art, history where sky is limit. every TS add 10 questions bouncer no chance at all to come in upsc even that concept or type... but last year I seen certain questions in insights enlighting and every upsc aspirants must know that ..we get atlest 300 exotic questions usme se 200 bakwas hi hoge... 100 we can use....
    if we this year paper from static point of view was there any test series which even come close to the controversial questions
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”

if we this year paper from static point of view was there any test series which even come close to the controversial questions
    Koi nhi Bhai Sab farzi claims Hai...basic books Hai padho rato Jo Karo...aur 1 ya 2 current affairs material religiously karo+aaplog ka initiative sahi Hai :neutral:
    prelims 4..mains 3...interview 1(no rank)
    cutoff 2018---ajgar range-->96(-+2)

Time to leave forum...inspectors are searching me everywhere...and i m afraid of ins. prabhat...he has killed NaagDansh :'(
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog