ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Crowd Source solution of Electrical Engineering 2017 Optional Paper

Hey guys, I know a handful at least would have attempted this year's CSE with EE optional. I am worried about my score there, can we crowd source the solutions here? Something that will help us all!
Kya karu. Kuch samajh nahi rha hai

Comments

• MH-01 said:

Hey guys, I know a handful at least would have attempted this year's CSE with EE optional. I am worried about my score there, can we crowd source the solutions here? Something that will help us all!

Same worry here..i found paper 2 to be tough .dunno if it is the same for others
  • same here.
    What according to you would be good attempts in both papers to sail through?
  • I attempted 250 in paper 1 (I think all are correct, need the solutions if anyone is willing to discuss, hence this thread)
    Could manage only 180 in Paper 2. wtf were these anyway!
    Q2.c
    Q3.a

I don't know what will be good attempts, though most of the optionals were tough. Why do they even apply descaling to sci/engg marks?
  • I attempted 240 in P1 and 195 in P2.
    Though answers are correct but i jumped my steps while calculating.
    Can anybody tell how much marks may be deducted for missing steps and what percentage of attempted marks can one hope to get.
  • MH-01 said:

I attempted 250 in paper 1 (I think all are correct, need the solutions if anyone is willing to discuss, hence this thread)
    Could manage only 180 in Paper 2. wtf were these anyway!
    Q2.c
    Q3.a

I don't know what will be good attempts, though most of the optionals were tough. Why do they even apply descaling to sci/engg marks?

I think scaling will be in paper 1 only. I have observed toppers scoring good marks in paper 2 even though this paper has been tougher than paper1 most of the times. A good attempt of 180-190 might fetch 150 something in paper2.
    What's your say on this?
  • Itachi123 said:

I attempted 240 in P1 and 195 in P2.
    Can anybody tell how much marks may be deducted for missing steps and what percentage of attempted marks can one hope to get.

A friend of mine who has maths optional takes 0.3-0.8 for good attempts, so a correct answer may fetch 0.5 marks if some steps are missed.
  • Shivam Up said:

Itachi123 said:

I attempted 240 in P1 and 195 in P2.

A friend of mine who has maths optional takes 0.3-0.8 for good attempts, so a correct answer may fetch 0.5 marks if some steps are missed.
    how much have u attempted in both the papers
  • 240 in paper 1(210-220 good attempt) and 200 in paper 2 (around 190 good)
  • 0.3 to 0.8 that's a huge range! That is madness!
  • MH-01 said:

0.3 to 0.8 that's a huge range! That is madness!

+1
  • Can anyone help with the Information Rate question asked in Q5 of Paper 2.
    What is to be done with the outputs given? I had only solved questions where there was equal quantization
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog