We are hiring!

TV Series and Movies

Comments

• kuch zyaada hi high end taste hai. Salman khan nahi dekhte?
    boom, pow, hud hud dabangg dabanng

Dekha hai . I will watch more Hindi movies for working on my hindi.. suggest some of your favorite movies with SHUDH hindi : )
  • Punisher.
    Stiens gate.
    Revolution 2020
  • BTW can someone please tell me, if we can actually name "cinema" as our hobby for interview?
  • Elusive said:

BTW can someone please tell me, if we can actually name "cinema" as our hobby for interview?

cinema is vast..be specific
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • Elusive said:

If you are interested in world cinema(bear in mind I am yet to explore the ocean of cinema! ), then these are my favorite directors so far -

~ Ingmar Bergman (the best - I've seen almost every movie except a few, PEAK of cinema as an art)
    ~ Wong Kar Wai (want to see what 'poetry in motion' looks like? watch his movies)
    ~ Andrei Tarkovsky (a combination of both of the above, but one needs a correct state of mind to watch his movies, and be extremely non-judgemental i.e. don't try to make sense of his movies, just sit back and enjoy the art of illusion that cinema brings )
    ~ Jean Luc Godard (intellectual, abstract)

I will also add Terence Malick here... and even Alfred Hitchcock : p

Some good Hollywood movies that you can look up and I personally found to be very inpsiring(only listing that which I can recall for now) -

~ Dead Poet's Society - THE MOST INSPIRING movie for me, as a student and a life-long learner
    ~ Remains of the Day - best movie to learn about discipline and sacrifice in the face of duty - will help you immensely in your CSE journey :tongue:

If you want to watch movies that have a dreamy quality to them, like ones that have alternate realities, mind-bending type, or Lynchian type of setting then -

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mr Nobody (this movie is philosophical, again, helps immensely in your journey of CSE, would relieve stress IMO)
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

Here's a list of "mind-bending" movies -

https://letterboxd.com/santannajess/list/99-mindfuck-movies-by-9gag/

I guess I can go on and on about movies.. have a nice time :) ..look up any good director and their most famous movie or select any movie with a plot that pleases you..

PS --- I never knew we could list "cinema" as hobby for personality test? Can we really do that?

Ya we can do that in Personality test....Thanx that's some handful suggestions :)
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • Kira said:

Punisher.
    Stiens gate.

Ghost in shell, ergo proxy , some slice of life with honey and clover :smile:
    signature
  • Kira said:

Punisher.
    Stiens gate.

punisher is awesome..recently finished it..
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • Elusive said:

If you are interested in world cinema(bear in mind I am yet to explore the ocean of cinema! ), then these are my favorite directors so far -

~ Ingmar Bergman (the best - I've seen almost every movie except a few, PEAK of cinema as an art)
    ~ Wong Kar Wai (want to see what 'poetry in motion' looks like? watch his movies)
    ~ Andrei Tarkovsky (a combination of both of the above, but one needs a correct state of mind to watch his movies, and be extremely non-judgemental i.e. don't try to make sense of his movies, just sit back and enjoy the art of illusion that cinema brings )

Some good Hollywood movies that you can look up and I personally found to be very inpsiring(only listing that which I can recall for now) -

~ Dead Poet's Society - THE MOST INSPIRING movie for me, as a student and a life-long learner
    ~ Remains of the Day - best movie to learn about discipline and sacrifice in the face of duty - will help you immensely in your CSE journey :tongue:

If you want to watch movies that have a dreamy quality to them, like ones that have alternate realities, mind-bending type, or Lynchian type of setting then -

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mr Nobody (this movie is philosophical, again, helps immensely in your journey of CSE, would relieve stress IMO)
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

I guess I can go on and on about movies.. have a nice time :) ..look up any good director and their most famous movie or select any movie with a plot that pleases you..

PS --- I never knew we could list "cinema" as hobby for personality test? Can we really do that?

bas mulholland dekhi hai woh bhi @Rodion Raskolnikov ke wajah se
    usne songs waale thread pe share kiya tha

The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • Elusive said:

BTW can someone please tell me, if we can actually name "cinema" as our hobby for interview?

cinema is vast..be specific
    Hmm... I should do some research, but my exposure is not much.. i'm in between, neither fully into arthouse films nor mainstream cinema.. I like both TBH. I like cinema as a whole
  • This thread is  going to be on the top for quite some time :lol: Itni suggestions mil gyi ki pura saal lg jaye dekhte dekhte.....bhai sb choddo Incendies dekho tum aaj ya oldboy mja aayega   :lol:
    signature

• Ya we can do that in Personality test....Thanx that's some handful suggestions :)

Thankyou, I'm going to seriously consider mentioning cinema as my hobby :)
    And, you can always discuss movies with me, I love cinema... going to go tell my dad about this and if he approves, then one movie per day from today! :tongue:
  • Elusive said:

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

Kaisa laga? :)
    love this song lol ..and the eye contact that ensues this scene(i think) between Naomi Watts and the director <3
  • Kira said:

Punisher.
    Stiens gate.

Sorry for butting in, but if you are a girl and like slice of life, you might love Yuyushiki ! :D

..and, Usagi Drop - a mature heart-touching cute slice of life anime :)
  • Elusive said:

Elusive said:

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

Kaisa laga? :)
    love this song lol ..and the eye contact that ensues this scene(i think) between Naomi Watts and the director <3</p>
    us 1 sec ke scene ka context pataa karne ke kiye hi toh 2:30 ghante ki movie dekhi :D
  • thats a huge list to watch need to prioritise it now ...:)

• us 1 sec ke scene ka context pataa karne ke kiye hi toh 2:30 ghante ki movie dekhi :D

lol acha, was it worth your time? : p

I have to go now, goodnight :)
  • Elusive said:

Kira said:

Punisher.
    Stiens gate.

Sorry for butting in, but if you are a girl and like slice of life, you might love Yuyushiki ! :D

..and, Usagi Drop - a mature heart-touching cute slice of life anime :)
    No I am a guy ..Will keep this on watching list as well..its already a huge list now..
  • Elusive said:

us 1 sec ke scene ka context pataa karne ke kiye hi toh 2:30 ghante ki movie dekhi :D

I like movies having a non linear storyline. It was wonderful but poori samajh nahi aayi
    Waise hi pulp fiction dekhi, because mujhe yeh scene accha lag raha thaa :D

• Elusive said:

I like movies having a non linear storyline. It was wonderful but poori samajh nahi aayi

Mujhe wo ghar wala you will be a woman soon scene accha lga tha toh dekh daali uske baad jb wo OD krti he or fir jo bhains wala injection lmao :lol:  
    signature
  • Elusive said:

Mujhe wo ghar wala you will be a woman soon scene accha lga tha toh dekh daali uske baad jb wo OD krti he or fir jo bhains wala injection lmao :lol:  
    :D
  • Bose dead alive how is it?
  • banbhatt said:

Bose dead alive how is it?

nothing new in that series but good acting from rajkumar rao..
  • banbhatt said:

Bose dead alive how is it?

frankly pathetic, low budget is clearly visible, poor actors. Rajkumar Rao is superb as always. But has too much weight to bear. Nehru is reduced to caricature (hands trembling on questions from press). The website is also poor. Video doesn't play smoothly. Had to refresh again and again. Succinctly, it's a time waste. I stopped watching after 2-3 episodes.
  • edited December 2017

Elusive said:

Haha, one of the most coolest movies ever, yes, love their little 'date' :) ..My favorite is the aimless banter between Travolta and SL Jackson :)
  • Elusive said:

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

+
    shutter island
    Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.
  • Why not anime? I strongly recommend Haikyuu.

Anime I have seen Naruto,One piece ,Fairy tail ,Death note..Is Haikyuu good??
    Not good. Amazing. Go watch it.
  • 13 reasons why
  • Kira said:

Punisher.
    Stiens gate.

trailers for the first 2 look so amazing. thanks mate!
    Revolution 2020
  • edited December 2017
    First Google these serial killers n find out a bit about their history,

1. Jeffrey dahmer- killed n ate 17 young boys during 1980s. Yes, ATE them.

2. Ted bundy- killed 30 young women during his "career", in his own admission. Accused of killing 100+. Got electric chair.

3. John Wayne gacy- killed 28 teenage boys n kept their bodies in his house over the years.

Jeff gt beaten to death, Bundy gt electric chair, gacy gt lethal injection. All three men gave a series of interviews right b4 dying. All are on YouTube. They make a thrilling watch. It's v interesting to enter into the mind of such despicable criminals.

On the same note, also research,

1. Ed gein- skinned dead women to make a "woman suit" for himself. When he was caught, dried skin n body parts of many women were found in his house, some sewn together to make a suit. Apparently he wanted to "become" his own mother.

2. Anatoly moskvin- in 2011 a highly Acclaimed Russian scholar was arrested because he had kept the bodies of 29 dead little girls in his house, made them into dolls n was "raising them as his own children".

3. Zodiac killer- killed people just for the sake of fun

I can go on sggesting, but I don't know If other people like looking at grotesque scenes or not :neutral: may be it's just me :sweat_smile:

• Rasputin said:

First Google these serial killers n find out a bit about their history,

1. Jeffrey dahmer- killed n ate 17 young boys during 1980s. Yes, ATE them.

2. Ted bundy- killed 30 young women during his "career", in his own admission. Accused of killing 100+. Got electric chair.

3. John Wayne gacy- killed 28 teenage boys n kept their bodies in his house over the years.

Jeff gt beaten to death, Bundy gt electric chair, gacy gt lethal injection. All three men gave a series of interviews right b4 dying. All are on YouTube. They make a thrilling watch. It's v interesting to enter into the mind of such despicable criminals.

On the same note, also research,

1. Ed gein- skinned dead women to make a "woman suit" for himself. When he was caught, dried skin n body parts of many women were found in his house, some sewn together to make a suit. Apparently he wanted to "become" his own mother.

2. Anatoly moskvin- in 2011 a highly Acclaimed Russian scholar was arrested because he had kept the bodies of 29 dead little girls in his house, made them into dolls n was "raising them as his own children".

3. Zodiac killer- killed people just for the sake of fun

I can go on sggesting, but I don't know If other people like looking at grotesque scenes or not :neutral: may be it's just me :sweat_smile:

I want to sleep at night bro..>:)..Though thanks for the suggestion
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly