MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Please suggest a suitable tab

Please suggest which tab will be better for CSE purpose? i am confused between 8" vs 9.7" screen size? also between 4:3 vs 16:9 aspect ratio? Any other suggestions are most welcome
Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
well, in the end, it is all about Success.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.

Comments

• Go for apple 9.7 23k wala.
  • 9.7 wala better hai sir.
    Budget hai toh ipad le lo.
  • @Dorjay123 @Danaus plexippus budgetary constraint hai....have to go with samsung...ya phir ipad ke liye amazon ke offers ka wait karna hoga...
  • thanks for your input :)
  • sir emi pe le lo. you won't regret. fluid, no lags, better app ecosystem, amazing battery backup etc. 32 GB enough. Even if you need more 100 bucks m 30-40 gb icloud pe mil jayega.
  • samsung 8 inch is fine. have been using that. kuch bhi dhang ka lelo. padhna hee toh hai.
  • sir emi pe le lo. you won't regret. fluid, no lags, better app ecosystem, amazing battery backup etc. 32 GB enough. Even if you need more 100 bucks m 30-40 gb icloud pe mil jayega.

will definitely consider it as an option :smile:

• Greenland said:

samsung 8 inch is fine. have been using that. kuch bhi dhang ka lelo. padhna hee toh hai.

• Go with iPAD mini 2..sahi chalta..no complaints what so ever..
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Go with iPAD mini 2..sahi chalta..no complaints what so ever..

• edited November 2017
    This one works well. But only for reading and surfing ie studying. I don't think the specifications are good enough for its use as a laptop. Memory is 32gb and ram is only 2gb. But display is great and size is very comfortable for reading and even youtube. I was tired of reading on my phone as I didn't always want to switch on the bulky laptop. This ipad solved my problem.

But i bought it during the Diwali sale for only 18.5k as there were multiple offers at that time. So my review is based on that price. For 24.4 k I'm not sure whether it's a wise buy or not as it's on the expensive side.
  • nandini said:

This one works well. But only for reading and surfing ie studying. I don't think the specifications are good enough for its use as a laptop. Memory is 32gb and ram is only 2gb. But display is great and size is very comfortable for reading and even youtube. I was tired of reading on my phone as I didn't always want to switch on the bulky laptop. This ipad solved my problem.

But i bought it during the Diwali sale for only 18.5k as there were multiple offers at that time. So my review is based on that price. For 24.4 k I'm not sure whether it's a wise buy or not as it's on the expensive side.
    i have the same issue.....tired of my bulky laptop...cant carry it everywhere...
  • nandini said:

i have the same issue.....tired of my bulky laptop...cant carry it everywhere...
    If you can wait for sometime and if you want this iPad then you can see if prices come down. At 18.5k it is totally worth it! But at 24.4 I feel it's expensive.
  • nandini said:

nandini said:

If you can wait for sometime and if you want this iPad then you can see if prices come down. At 18.5k it is totally worth it! But at 24.4 I feel it's expensive.
    okk..i ll wait for sometime
  • nandini said:

nandini said:

okk..i ll wait for sometime
    Buddy wait kar lo ....ya emi pe lelo but lena sirf ipad ..it has good resolution and work like charm. And get Evernote plus subscription. Am too looking for ipad but due budget constraints i have delayed my plan.. right now reading on bulky laptop with mere one hour battery life.
  • Koi bhi tab le lo. Padhne se matlab Hona chahiye.
    Main toh abhi bhi Apne 4 Saal puraane Lenovo tab se padhta hoon.
    How does it matter if it has the latest processor or most updated firmware.
    What do you need? a pdf reader/editor, some storage, decent screen size, few news apps and Evernote. That's it.
    Yeh toh sab mein Chalta hai.

Koi 1 lakh Rs Ka tab leke bhi Nahi padhta air koi 5k ke tab mein bhi UPSC clear Kar leta hai
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • Koi bhi tab le lo. Padhne se matlab Hona chahiye.
    Main toh abhi bhi Apne 4 Saal puraane Lenovo tab se padhta hoon.
    How does it matter if it has the latest processor or most updated firmware.
    What do you need? a pdf reader/editor, some storage, decent screen size, few news apps and Evernote. That's it.
    Yeh toh sab mein Chalta hai.

Koi 1 lakh Rs Ka tab leke bhi Nahi padhta air koi 5k ke tab mein bhi UPSC clear Kar leta hai

waise bol toh aap sahi rahe ho
  • incognito tab :trollface:
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • edited November 2017

incognito tab :trollface:

:trollface:
  • edited November 2017

Hite-chchhu image
  • incognito tab :trollface:

Hite-chchhu image
    Tum kuch Jane pahchane lagte ho :mrgreen:
  • JAGRUN said:

Hite-chchhu image
    Tum kuch Jane pahchane lagte ho :mrgreen:
    Tum bhi :mrgreen:
  • tum toh forum chodne wale te na. :mrgreen:
  • tum toh forum chodne wale te na. :mrgreen:

Chod to dia :mrgreen:
  • iPad soch k lena bhai.

You will not be able to add music easily. Photos transfer easily nhi hongi. Har cheez k liye ya toh ShareIt use karna padega ya iTunes (which might not be installed on your friend's laptop) ya internet/cloud. I own an iPad.
    -songs can either ONLY be synced with iTunes; or you have to use a third party music app; or do not sync with iTunes and just drag and drop to iTunes; and all of these require either an Internet or iTunes software.
    -If I have to watch a movie on VLC I cannot add subtitles easily. Computer se transfer karke hi VLC mein subtitles aate hain and this requires iTunes (or I can use wireless ftp transfer within VLC)
    -Siri is not as good as Google assistant.
    -Any small damage to the device and you will have to shed another fortune on repair.
    -sharing with a friend via Bluetooth highly cumbersome (even with ShareIt, both must have ShareIt and it asks for creating a hotspot first and android to apple transfer is a little difficult)
    -if you are at a friend's house and you want a movie/pdf/audio from his laptop you will either have to share it via cloud or install iTunes on his laptop or install ShareIt or use a third party file management app from AppStore which allows wireless sharing. (Unlike android where just plug a USB and copy paste)
    -the Apple data cable is not a micro USB. So at a friend's place also remember to carry your data cable (or use wireless methods of transfer)

More recently Apple has been going for data obsolecsing => devices ko kisi tarah se slow ya obsolete kar dena. Many devices are getting slow because of iOS updates. If you do take an iPad, DO NOT UPDATE THE iOS beyond iOS10.

If you are going for android try to take at least >4GB RAM. Nhi toh hang hota rahega.

If you are already invested in an Apple ecosystem, you can still think of buying an iPad. Even in that go for mini because it is affordable and light weight. 10" and more is not needed and hinders portability. For eg, reading a newspaper with a 10" would give you more screen real estate, but your hands will get tired after some time; playing a racing car game would tire you earlier than an 8" tab. One disadvantage of an 8" is that the split screen feature (in both android and Apple) would not be as useful as in a 10" tablet.

And before deciding the size, it is advisable to go to a store and hold a device in your hand, judge the weight in your hands, hold it with one hand and then both hands & in portrait and landscape mode.

Apple does offer good customer care if you are within warranty period. And holding an Apple device in your hands is a different experience altogether. But all of this comes at a premium.
  • iPad soch k lena bhai.

You will not be able to add music easily. Photos transfer easily nhi hongi. Har cheez k liye ya toh ShareIt use karna padega ya iTunes (which might not be installed on your friend's laptop) ya internet/cloud. I own an iPad.
    -songs can either ONLY be synced with iTunes; or you have to use a third party music app; or do not sync with iTunes and just drag and drop to iTunes; and all of these require either an Internet or iTunes software.
    -If I have to watch a movie on VLC I cannot add subtitles easily. Computer se transfer karke hi VLC mein subtitles aate hain and this requires iTunes (or I can use wireless ftp transfer within VLC)
    -Siri is not as good as Google assistant.
    -Any small damage to the device and you will have to shed another fortune on repair.
    -sharing with a friend via Bluetooth highly cumbersome (even with ShareIt, both must have ShareIt and it asks for creating a hotspot first and android to apple transfer is a little difficult)
    -if you are at a friend's house and you want a movie/pdf/audio from his laptop you will either have to share it via cloud or install iTunes on his laptop or install ShareIt or use a third party file management app from AppStore which allows wireless sharing. (Unlike android where just plug a USB and copy paste)
    -the Apple data cable is not a micro USB. So at a friend's place also remember to carry your data cable (or use wireless methods of transfer)

More recently Apple has been going for data obsolecsing => devices ko kisi tarah se slow ya obsolete kar dena. Many devices are getting slow because of iOS updates. If you do take an iPad, DO NOT UPDATE THE iOS beyond iOS10.

If you are going for android try to take at least >4GB RAM. Nhi toh hang hota rahega.

If you are already invested in an Apple ecosystem, you can still think of buying an iPad. Even in that go for mini because it is affordable and light weight. 10" and more is not needed and hinders portability. For eg, reading a newspaper with a 10" would give you more screen real estate, but your hands will get tired after some time; playing a racing car game would tire you earlier than an 8" tab. One disadvantage of an 8" is that the split screen feature (in both android and Apple) would not be as useful as in a 10" tablet.

And before deciding the size, it is advisable to go to a store and hold a device in your hand, judge the weight in your hands, hold it with one hand and then both hands & in portrait and landscape mode.

Apple does offer good customer care if you are within warranty period. And holding an Apple device in your hands is a different experience altogether. But all of this comes at a premium.

thank you so much for your input :)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog