CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Is Himanshu Sharma Guidance IAS classroom or 500+ programme online available?

On Surfing,I found Guidance IAS as the most credible for Geography Optional,but is it available on online portal as well?Please tell.
Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
Ex-Geography.

Comments

• Also,are the notes of his 500+ programme,available in Mukherjee nagar?
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Also,are the notes of his 500+ programme,available in Mukherjee nagar?

yaar tumhara 1st attempt tha...tum pehle ye batao ki geography me adventure karne ka plan kis basis pe banaya? :mrgreen:
  • Pagal kutta kaat liya tha mujhe..isiliye,ab gale hi haddi ban gaya hai. Na ugla jaa raha,na chhodha..
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Pagal kutta kaat liya tha mujhe..isiliye,ab gale hi haddi ban gaya hai. Na ugla jaa raha,na chhodha..

accha !!
    btw Himanshu k notes availale h orn me. Classes 4.5-6 hrs tak hoti h over the entire course,.Monotonocity ho jati h after a while.only offline..Mixed review mile h uske..But jisne pehle kabhi koi test series na ki ho uske liye theek h.

• Aapka paper kaisa tha geog ka iss bar?
    And can you please provide any info about notes kahan available hai? Notes karke,test series karna thik nahi rahega kya?
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited November 2017
    Beuce said:

Aapka paper kaisa tha geog ka iss bar?
    And can you please provide any info about notes kahan available hai? Notes karke,test series karna thik nahi rahega kya?

Paper theek tha.
    ORN easy day k just pehle(Vajiram se aate samay) 1 shop h usi ki line me..waha mil jayenge. Baaki KBC pe to honge hi definately.
    agar kabhi na ki ho to 1 baar karna theek rehta h kahi, . But bahut gyan milega ..ye soch k mat join karna ..kuch 3-4 chheze hi kaam ki batai thi ALS me ..fir usi ko repeat kiya remaining test discussions me.(yehi cheez Shabbir sir k yaha bhi h;according to my friends)
    Unhe 250 copies check karni hoti h..to approx 6-7 minute me 1 copy check kar dete hong wo log..To evaluation ka to utna significance nahi hota but 3-4 discussions tak sahi laga mujhe...fir mene jana chhod diya.
  • seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

Paper theek tha.
    ORN easy day k just pehle(Vajiram se aate samay) 1 shop h usi ki line me..waha mil jayenge. Baaki KBC pe to honge hi definately.
    I have never been to delhi,so mujhe aapke terms samajh nahi aaye utne acche se.
    Anyways,thanks a lot.
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited November 2017
    Beuce said:

seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

Paper theek tha.
    Anyways,thanks a lot.
    Kumar Book Centre ka contact google pe hoga
    most probably. waha se mil jayenge notes ..na mile to batana..
  • seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

Paper theek tha.
    Anyways,thanks a lot.
    Bhai,mangwa liya hu imagerunners se,aapka Shabbir sir ki test series ke baare me kya feed back hai?
    Aur agar kuch kaam ka recommend kar sakte toh?
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited November 2017
    Beuce said:

seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

seed_15 said:

Beuce said:

Paper theek tha.
    Anyways,thanks a lot.
    Bhai,mangwa liya hu imagerunners se,aapka Shabbir sir ki test series ke baare me kya feed back hai?
    Aur agar kuch kaam ka recommend kar sakte toh?
    Yaar mujhe Himanshu ka sahi laga comparatively.
    there are people who say unhe shabbir ki test series se advantage hua..But there are many of my friends(some of them have enrolled for multiple times)..jinka score avg. hi tha..
  • Classroom karna zyada thik hai,ya notes se bhi kaam chal jaega? Mere health issues hai isiliye Delhi rukna nahi chah raha,aur ye 500+ ka programme dekha toh 4-5 mahine ka hai..:/..agar dictating is raha,jaisa aapne bola..toh notes hi padh lu..
    Ex-Geography.
  • I was the student of Himanshu sir and I strongly recommend not to attend his classes or test series. Rest is your choice.
  • I was the student of Himanshu sir and I strongly recommend not to attend his classes or test series. Rest is your choice.

And why you say so? Atleast substantiate
    I have seen his introductory lecture..he looked quiet interactive in approach..

Ex-Geography.
  • @Beuce Bhai just for a test series staying at Delhi is not advisable, haan agar koi aur class join karna ho to thik hai.

Sir ka notes padh lo thik hai, thora supplement ho jaega. Class ka advantage ye tha ki doubt pooch sakte the.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • madeye said:

@Beuce Bhai just for a test series staying at Delhi is not advisable, haan agar koi aur class join karna ho to thik hai.

Sir ka notes padh lo thik hai, thora supplement ho jaega. Class ka advantage ye tha ki doubt pooch sakte the.

Bhai test series mahi,mai 500 ques module ki baat kar raha? Wo kaisa hai?
    Kya aapne kiya hai?

Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Classroom karna zyada thik hai,ya notes se bhi kaam chal jaega? Mere health issues hai isiliye Delhi rukna nahi chah raha,aur ye 500+ ka programme dekha toh 4-5 mahine ka hai..:/..agar dictating is raha,jaisa aapne bola..toh notes hi padh lu..

If you have read basic geography books, then you can just buy notes from the market and add on to your own notes. For physical geography you could study Himanshu Sir's notes and for human geography you could study Shabbir sir's notes.
    Regarding 500+ program, Himanshu sir targets 20-25 questions per session (4-5 hours) but at max 15 questions were discussed. Rest he will either give passing reference or skip totally.
    Also i found test copy checking to be below average (I saw one copy in which question was asked about Distribution and importance of 'Shale Gas' and the student wrote about 'Natural Gas' and he was awarded 7-8/15)

• Beuce said:

Classroom karna zyada thik hai,ya notes se bhi kaam chal jaega? Mere health issues hai isiliye Delhi rukna nahi chah raha,aur ye 500+ ka programme dekha toh 4-5 mahine ka hai..:/..agar dictating is raha,jaisa aapne bola..toh notes hi padh lu..

If you have read basic geography books, then you can just buy notes from the market and add on to your own notes. For physical geography you could study Himanshu Sir's notes and for human geography you could study Shabbir sir's notes.
    Regarding 500+ program, Himanshu sir targets 20-25 questions per session (4-5 hours) but at max 15 questions were discussed. Rest he will either give passing reference or skip totally.
    Also i found test copy checking to be below average (I saw one copy in which question was asked about Distribution and importance of 'Shale Gas' and the student wrote about 'Natural Gas' and he was awarded 7-8/15)

Okay,so you have attended the class. Can you tell me is the major part is devoted on discussion,or explanation?
    What would you recommend,as I am planning to move Delhi,just for his 500 ques module?..
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited November 2017
    Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Okay,so you have attended the class. Can you tell me is the major part is devoted on discussion,or explanation?
    What would you recommend,as I am planning to move Delhi,just for his 500 ques module?..
    I have attended Shabbir sir's class and his test series in 2016. in 2017 i attended 500+ program of himanshu sir. Himanshu sir will try to discuss answers to the questions. In every session, for first 3-4 questions he has a tendency to dictate each and every thing like regular class (which takes up a lot of time). After 3-4 question, he generally discuss only, without any dictation. For some topics he will give explanations too, where required.
  • Beuce said:

Beuce said:

I have attended Shabbir sir's class and his test series in 2016. in 2017 i attended 500+ program of himanshu sir. Himanshu sir will try to discuss answers to the questions. In every session, for first 3-4 questions he has a tendency to dictate each and every thing like regular class (which takes up a lot of time). After 3-4 question, he generally discuss only, without any dictation. For some topics he will give explanations too, where required.
    So,your point is,the programme can be attended?
    Ex-Geography.
  • @Beuce don't move to Delhi just for 500+ programm.

I have done it. What ever is said by @Rudy_Ruettiger is very true. After a point you find the class redundant. He will not discuss all the questions because of time constrain and already sessions are 5 hours long. He will skip many questions. Session on geomorphology is little beneficial rest is average.

See the point is there is no 'ramban' in geography it is just that few points get added here and there.

Attending class would have helped you but moving to Delhi just for the sake of one class is not advisable and that too when you are not writing mains just now. Even if you write it will be in oct 2018. Yes, if wanna attend Gs class or current affairs then you can.

Also don't go for his printed notes of 500+ which is available in market, it is of little use. He purposely had used bookish complex language in it. Class ke notes mil jaye to accha hai. Optional ka notes karna ho to thik hai.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

The decision is up to you. But no one teacher will give you everything. Also, the way questions is being asked i believe self study is more important than attending any class. in case of Himanshu sir, you can refer to his regular class notes and 500+ notes. That should suffice.
  • Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

The decision is up to you. But no one teacher will give you everything. Also, the way questions is being asked i believe self study is more important than attending any class. in case of Himanshu sir, you can refer to his regular class notes and 500+ notes. That should suffice.
    Hand written class notes, not the printed one.
  • madeye said:

@Beuce don't move to Delhi just for 500+ programm.

I have done it. What ever is said by @Rudy_Ruettiger is very true. After a point you find the class redundant. He will not discuss all the questions because of time constrain and already sessions are 5 hours long. He will skip many questions. Session on geomorphology is little beneficial rest is average.

See the point is there is no 'ramban' in geography it is just that few points get added here and there.

Attending class would have helped you but moving to Delhi just for the sake of one class is not advisable and that too when you are not writing mains just now. Even if you write it will be in oct 2018. Yes, if wanna attend Gs class or current affairs then you can.

Also don't go for his printed notes of 500+ which is available in market, it is of little use. He purposely had used bookish complex language in it. Class ke notes mil jaye to accha hai. Optional ka notes karna ho to thik hai.

But your both statements are quiet contrary to each other. He said he discusses only after 3-4 question. I never did any coaching for Geo optional,but its the vastness that I am worried after this mains. I would be joining any test series as well addition to Guidance ias class,once I get confirmend with the content they are providing..I mean is it worth to join or after a time monotonous and just dictation wont do well. Yes,I called for his classnotes yesterday only,heard that they are comprehensive.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Thankyou for your detailed reviews Sir. All i am concerned is,whether the class becomes monotonous and dictation spot,so then I would be going with class notes. If he discusses the questions and explains,then I will go for the class. This can be told by you guys who have attended the classes.
    Ex-Geography.
  • There is no distinction between discussion and dictation in his class. He will just dictate and you will write that is what will happen.
  • madeye said:

There is no distinction between discussion and dictation in his class. He will just dictate and you will write that is what will happen.

You mean,he dont explain and discuss the question before dictating..:/
    Ex-Geography.
  • Bhai jo explanation hai wahi dictation hai.

Forum ke mere 4 saal ke life span mei Maine itna comment kisi bhi thread per nai kiya.
  • edited November 2017
    Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Thankyou for your detailed reviews Sir. All i am concerned is,whether the class becomes monotonous and dictation spot,so then I would be going with class notes. If he discusses the questions and explains,then I will go for the class. This can be told by you guys who have attended the classes.
    First of all i am no Sir, just a struggling aspirant like you. Secondly, if you have not attended any coaching, then i would not recommend 500+ program. Reason being sequence of relevant topics is not followed. Also, just imagine completing climatology, oceanography in a single session, it would be cumbersome.
    I would rather advice to go for class notes, and make your own notes topic wise and try to complete all note making before prelims. You can join test series after prelims
  • madeye said:

Bhai jo explanation hai wahi dictation hai.

Forum ke mere 4 saal ke life span mei Maine itna comment kisi bhi thread per nai kiya.

Bhai aapke saare comments ke liye thanks.
    And agar dictation hi explanation hai and explanation hi dictation hai..:P toh faltu hai fir Delhi jana itni thand me..:P
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

Beuce said:

First of all i am no Sir, just a struggling aspirant like you. Secondly, if you have not attended any coaching, then i would not recommend 500+ program. Reason being sequence of relevant topics is not followed. Also, just imagine completing climatology, oceanography in a single session, it would be cumbersome.
    I would rather advice to go for class notes, and make your own notes topic wise and try to complete all note making before prelims. You can join test series after prelims
    I have given mains this year. I read shabbir sir's notes and standard books atleast once. Problem with me is,I lack on confidence part on not have attended any coaching even for optionals yet. This year's mains paper even raised that part.Having skimmed through the syllabus i just need a small programme which could provide some insights,if attending his class means writing notes,then better to read classnotes only.
    Ex-Geography.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog