Indian Forest Service 2018 Results are out! ForumIAS Academy Students Secure Rank 1, 2, 3 ! Congratulations to all!
Current Affairs Classes for IAS Interview Students 2018 ForumIAS will be holding Current Affairs Classes for Interview Students on Saturday and Sunday at 5PM, Feb 9 & 10.

92nd Foundation Course diary

edited September 2017 in Miscellaneous
All selected ForumIAS members , use this thread to post experinces Of LBSNAA to motivate others @mango_dolly @pathfinder1891

Mods @root make this announcement if you seem it Fit
HUSTLE

Comments

• All selected ForumIAS members , use this thread to post experinces Of LBSNAA to motivate others @mango_dolly @pathfinder1891

As eccentric as it may seem, FC can't and shouldn't be the motivation for this exam. If at all there should be a thread, it should be contributed by people who are doing post probation service (even probation period would do)

Chronicling FC is just making another 'facebook feed' out here. It defeats the purpose of why one is here in the first place.

Cheers and peace

• Go to quora, there you can find many probationers glorifying their feats and singing praises of themselves like demi gods.
  • F5 said:

Go to quora, there you can find many probationers glorifying their feats and singing praises of themselves like demi gods.

Tell me some names? Or post link, I havent seen...
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Queen said:

F5 said:

Go to quora, there you can find many probationers glorifying their feats and singing praises of themselves like demi gods.

Just subscribe to IAS/IPS feed on quora, i made this mistake..there are 100s of probationers willing to pour their worldview on each and every trivial stuff..
  • Well, I just found this answer. Totally different topic but it is eye opening. :flushed:
    https://www.quora.com/Are-female-IAS-officers-harassed-by-politicians/answers/38628174
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Queen said:

F5 said:

Yeah there are people mostly in the IAS and few in IPS ..they are the ones who have never before tasted success of such magnitude..people from unknown colleges suddenly making it big..for them it's like they are shocked and have come to think themselves as demigods..haha
    All exams considered bloody tough in India-CLEARED

CSE '16 rank- In 300s

• All exams considered bloody tough in India-CLEARED

CSE '16 rank- In 300s

• Kinetic said:

All selected ForumIAS members , use this thread to post experinces Of LBSNAA to motivate others @mango_dolly @pathfinder1891

As eccentric as it may seem, FC can't and shouldn't be the motivation for this exam. If at all there should be a thread, it should be contributed by people who are doing post probation service (even probation period would do)

Chronicling FC is just making another 'facebook feed' out here. It defeats the purpose of why one is here in the first place.

Cheers and peace

+1
    F5 said:

Queen said:

F5 said:

Just subscribe to IAS/IPS feed on quora, i made this mistake..there are 100s of probationers willing to pour their worldview on each and every trivial stuff..
    I don't usually judge but totally juvenile behaviour. Clearing an exam doesn't make you an authority to comment on each and every thing. But then, everyone wants 2 minutes of fame :). Real work does start when you reach the ground. They're literally in the sky right now :p

FC shouldn't be the motivation at all,it can just act as a motivation on a particularly dull day - life is far too long for this glitz too last. Many times issues are deeper and tougher and places of work are far more dull and difficult. :)
  • Queen said:

Well, I just found this answer. Totally different topic but it is eye opening. :flushed:
    https://www.quora.com/Are-female-IAS-officers-harassed-by-politicians/answers/38628174

Pretty common behavior.

Ethics Q, how does one even tackle a situation like this and prevent it from escalating into a poopfest? So much time wasted ffs...

• Though I agree that FC shouldnt be the motivation towards becoming an ias officer but it can definitely help towards it.
    Just like some people use pic of their dreams colleges as motivation whereas the real aim should be gaining knowledge.

Queen said:

Well, I just found this answer. Totally different topic but it is eye opening. :flushed:

Pretty common behavior.

Ethics Q, how does one even tackle a situation like this and prevent it from escalating into a poopfest? So much time wasted ffs...
    So right actually, this can be an excellent Ethics question... I will have to think about it properly... Will read her post again...
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Oh no, this earlier part about FC wasnt meant to be written :neutral:
    I had changed my mind about it after writing... :neutral:
    Edit option is necessary :expressionless:
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • :D :D

After all the bragging, she ends her post with a pravachan

"LBSNAA teaches you to make efforts, not excuses. LBSNAA teaches you to be an officer, not ordinary. LBSNAA makes your love for people who are distant more strong, not dilute" :D

Some people need to shout out their accomplishments to others to really feel it themselves.
    I'll come again...but as a victor.
  • Queen said:

Oh no, this earlier part about FC wasnt meant to be written :neutral:

No, no. You can't get away with it.
    Sweet Victory!
  • Monsieur said:

:D :D

"LBSNAA teaches you to make efforts, not excuses. LBSNAA teaches you to be an officer, not ordinary. LBSNAA makes your love for people who are distant more strong, not dilute" :D

Some people need to shout out their accomplishments to others to really feel it themselves.
    I think these are the things you should learn before becoming an officer. But then the ethics paper is open to multiple interpretations :P
  • nandini said:

Monsieur said:

I think these are the things you should learn before becoming an officer. But then the ethics paper is open to multiple interpretations :P
    Whatever you said in your first statement, you withdrew it back in the next. I am left with nothing to say. :D :D
  • Gameplay said:

Queen said:

Oh no, this earlier part about FC wasnt meant to be written :neutral:

No, no. You can't get away with it.
    :tongue: :joy:
    Monsieur said:

:joy:
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Monsieur said:

nandini said:

Monsieur said:

Whatever you said in your first statement, you withdrew it back in the next. I am left with nothing to say. :D :D
    Hahaha. The first statement is what should be, the second one is practicality. Explains why Gaurav Agrawal is one of the most respected Topper's :) hope you get my point, albeit veiled :P
  • nandini said:

Monsieur said:

nandini said:

Monsieur said:

Hahaha. The first statement is what should be, the second one is practicality. Explains why Gaurav Agrawal is one of the most respected Topper's :) hope you get my point, albeit veiled :P
    Yep, I got your point. B)
  • Thanks for sharing this man.
  • Monsieur said:

The same parvachan led her to become an IAS, let's not criticise her bragging because she has all the right to do so. Some day even we will brag when we will be at LBSNAA. It's just human tendency....

PS: not intend to hurt anyone with my comment just putting across my point of view.

SK
    ‘Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter try again. Fail again. Fail better.’
    New battle, new energy & new weapon.
    Mission 2019 - PSIR Optional
  • Please, no matter how well your prep is going, do not waste time in this. At the end of the day, this is all fiction for you. The learning experience is nil. Invest your time and energies in the material rather than debating the actions of a person who has no effect on your life whatsoever.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Monsieur said:

The same parvachan led her to become an IAS, let's not criticise her bragging because she has all the right to do so. Some day even we will brag when we will be at LBSNAA. It's just human tendency....

PS: not intend to hurt anyone with my comment just putting across my point of view.

SK
    It's not. At best it's a nauseating and narcissistic tendency. Given the role of randomness and luck in this MOAT (Mother of all tests).

Moreso, there have been other toppers too, who actually enhance the standing of those services and positions. By keeping it sober and simple. Why not emulate them?

And finally, real celebration should begin and (be gloated about, if one wishes to) after someone has done some monumental work on the ground, in their districts.

#DownWithDemiGodism
    P-3, M-3*, I-0
  • I'll climb the highest pedestal and shout from there. all posers and elitists are invited to attend the sermon.
    It's my life.... it's my life baby.....hahahaha
    If someone were to mine salt from this thread , he would get rich enough to spend his life doing nothing lmao
    signature
  • Till now I had not taken sides, but her answer to this question saddens me.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-your-favorite-before-and-after-photos
    Its ironical that other common citizens have posted actual achievements of bringing change in society.
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Please, no matter how well your prep is going, do not waste time in this. At the end of the day, this is all fiction for you. The learning experience is nil. Invest your time and energies in the material rather than debating the actions of a person who has no effect on your life whatsoever.

This is a healthy debate on ethics which is much required, specially in this field. One must have the right reasons to do the right thing. Michael Sandel puts across this point very well in one of his videos.
    Learning experience in this is actually very profound. These people might not have effect on us personally but being at a position of authority, they have effect on others. And since we all are aiming to be there, we must have our hearts and minds at the right place.
    One must learn from others mistakes as life is too short to make them all yourself.
    And if speaking only in terms of the exam, this will help in paper4 :blush:
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google