All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

SSC CGL 2013 & other SSC exams Discussion |

edited February 2014 in SSC
MY MARKS:(general candidate)
TIER 1-136
TIER 2(estimated)-maths-134
english-180
Total ~450
I think cut off for general shd nt be more than 400. And my preferences for posts are in order-ABCDEFGHI......... :)
I hope to get 'B' i.e CVC
Plz share ur views and estimated marks regarding this.
Thank you.
Humanity first !

Comments

• I'd read review about different posts selected based on CGL from mrunal . So what made you to interest in CVC .. ? I'm going to have CGL-2014 , before that like to collect max info about the exam and its posts .. Hope you could make your comments ..

Thank You :)
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • I was not aware about the posts and their importance or popularity and since i appeared 4 SSC for a job back up in case i fail in CSE..so din enquire about the posts..any post would do ..and so din fill d posts like income tax first as majority does. But i would be happy with CVC :)
    Humanity first !
  • Yea , me too was hoping to make CVC as my first option . So felt eager to see a same person , anyway THANKS .. :)
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • No friends, there are very few vaccancy for cvc last year 1 and 2011 also 1. You may get ib. You should have filled choices carefully.
  • edited October 2013
    T1= 96
    T2= 140+160 (+/-)
    Total = 396 (+)
    Dedication is inversely proportional to Time
  • MY MARKS:(general candidate)
    TIER 1-136
    TIER 2(estimated)-maths-134
    english-180
    Total ~450
    I think cut off for general shd nt be more than 400. And my preferences for posts are in order-ABCDEFGHI......... :)
    I hope to get 'B' i.e CVC
    Plz share ur views and estimated marks regarding this.
    Thank you.
    Almost same marks tier 1 - 136 tier 2 - 143+170
    Most probably you will get css which is my first choice as well :)
    Arise awake and stop not until the goal is reached :)
  • I have appeared in SSC Tier 2. I have filled my first choice as Assistant CSS and second is Income tax and third is Customs, excise n so on.
    I wd be getting a score that I can qualify Income tax too.
    Please tell that what if I fail the Computer test which is complsory for CSS, would I be alloted my next choice, if I have marks for the Income tax ?
    Or I would be disqualified for the whole process if I fail the Computer test of CSS ?
  • @prateeknsit Same answer as you got on Mrunal's comment section. You can skip CPT if you are not interested in CSS.
  • What if someone is interested in css and fail in cpt..will he able to qualify for next preferences not requiring cpt
  • And can someone please tell me how to prepare for cpt and data entry tests
  • edited November 2013
    @pseudointellectual

Typing master will be helpful for both spreadsheets and data entry.
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
  • well i am an IT inspector through cgl 2012 ( yet to join) and currently serving as an excise inspector through CGL 11... cgl 13 i didnot appear... would be happy to help you guys .... but after 8th december...
  • wts eligible age for ssc
  • @vikky_baba , workload kitna hota hai bhai excise inspector ka ?
    Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher _|_
  • edited December 2013
    @rsgoswami , 30 yr
    Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher _|_
  • hey, when will the results be out? any idea?
  • well i am an IT inspector through cgl 2012 ( yet to join) and currently serving as an excise inspector through CGL 11... cgl 13 i didnot appear... would be happy to help you guys .... but after 8th december...
    can you give some idea about the work load(work hours), field work mostly or desk job, backstabbing/politics culture(like Mrunal says :P ), accomodation/perks etc..
    Basically how is it as a backup option for someone who has 2-3 attempts. and is it feasible as a career in terms of growth. (in case one is stuck).
    Talking about both ITI and Excise insp.
    TIA.
    जहाँ जन्नत की उम्मीद ही नहीं वहाँ गुनाहो से क्या डरना..
  • Bump!

Any idea whether 2013 tier 2 results will ever see the light of the day? Does anyone have any info?
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
  • edited January 2014
    @PoliceWala as far as i hv heard -> 13th jan 2014 dre will be another hearing.. ssc after slow performance has moved a petition to vacate the stay.. apart from that no credible info right nw

• Thanks for the update @nishant12 . I had heard that there was some clubbing of cases with the previous petitioner and that the result could have published in Dec if not for the dilly dallying by SSC. Also, are the results of other exams such as Prasar Bharati held up due to the same reasons? Can you shed some light on that too?
  • @PoliceWala sorry for the late reply.. dre's been a power cut in my place so couldn't reply in time.. well as far as i have heard is that to some extent yes other results have been held up for the same reasons as well.. i mean its difficult to say conclusively yet.. but the court order seems to be having a bearing on the other results as well..

ssc has been negligible as far as i can say in this case.. even the lawyer that dey have hired seems to be less bothered abt the case.. citing few people who had been at the court..earlier court was giving ssc 3rd jan for the hearing but the lawyer cited he had some other cases to handle, so he shifted the case to 13th jan.. moreover, ssc delayed in putting a stay vacating petition.. see.. wat i can gauge from the whole thing is that though ssc gets the stay vacated.. yet it wnt conclusively finish the whole round of recruitment coz the case will be still be doing rounds of court... maybe next tym dey will put a petition asking for holding interviews and den final recruitment as well..

• @PoliceWala moreover ssc hasn't declared the vacancies (till 9th dec 2013).. am attaching the copy of an rti filed by someone regarding this.. maybe it will be of some help!!
    1554360_666244803448415_1177542732_n.jpg
    522 x 720 - 26K

• Thanks a lot @nishant12 . Appreciate your efforts. As regards with SSC, one can only hope. Thoroughly disappointed with their efforts till now.
  • edited January 2014
    @PoliceWala no probs.. i guess am just gathering info from whatever source i can to gauge where the whole thing is heading to.

well, yes regarding the disappointment i would like to bring something to your notice as well.. few days back some of my friends had gone to meet the "DOPT" minister regarding the whole matter.. dey cam back disheartened after the dopt minister just gave dem lip assurances that the whole issue will be sorted out. so gauging from this fact i guess the whole thing hangs in air.. no one knows wat really is going to happen

well am wondering, it would be a mockery of the whole exam process if notification for cgl 2014 comes up before the results

• an update regarding ssc 2013 results.. hearing date allotted- 21st jan 2014

• Just a query , when does interview [certain posts] conducted ..? Is it normally during month of December or January .. For example when was 2013's interview held .. ?
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • well 2013 results haven't been declared yet so cant say abt that, but ya i 2012 interview posts were wrapped up by december and i guess nominations for the posts was done by feb.attaching 2012 intervew schedule for ur kind consideration.

pdf
    pdf
    CGL 2012 INTERVIEW SCHEDULE FOR WEBSITE..pdf

• OK , it depends according to the mood of SSC .. :P Any way thanks man ..
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • Breaking on All India Radio Twitter Feed :
    IMG-20140128-WA0001.jpg
    540 x 960 - 53K
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google