ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Discussion for Law optional: 2018

Hi friends,

Anyone preparing for UPSC-2018 with Law as an optional? If yes, what is your strategy for preparation?
Are you taking any coaching? Is it helpful?
Would you be kind enough to post a list of books required to prepare it?

Comments

• Hello i am also preparing with law optional have you joined any coaching classes
  • Can anyone list out the offences to be covered under offences against women (Law Paper 2- IPC)?
  • instead of preparing alone y not we form a whatsapp discussion group........my number is 9410947491....@prabhakar
  • MS1408 said:

Can anyone list out the offences to be covered under offences against women (Law Paper 2- IPC)?

Yes i can.
    Hakuna matata.
  • Sorry not able to upload file. You can read sec 509 ,354 A-D,304 B,375,376A-E,Adultery,provisions related to trafficking etc ,326A and B of IPC. posco act, dowry laws, And prevention of sati act.
    Hakuna matata.
  • Read up these offences:
    Rape, dowry harassment and dowry death, cruelty to married women, sati, child marriage, female infanticide, female foeticide, sex-pre-selection, sexual harassment at workplace, domestic violence, trafficking of women and girls, etc
    Anyone has formed a whatsapp group yet?
  • Sorry not able to upload file. You can read sec 509 ,354 A-D,304 B,375,376A-E,Adultery,provisions related to trafficking etc ,326A and B of IPC. posco act, dowry laws, And prevention of sati act.

Thanks
  • I am not on whatsapp. It would be nice if we can continue the discussions here as an alternative to whatsapp.
  • In torts , when we study negligence, do we also have to cover contributory and medical negligence?
    Any kind soul , please answer this .
  • In torts , when we study negligence, do we also have to cover contributory and medical negligence?
    Any kind soul , please answer this .

Absolutely Yes
  • Okay thank you :)
  • anyone in hyderabad preparing
  • Anyone living in orn and nearby area having one room vacant...? I have law optional and have given mains once.I want to shift from December. It will be very good if two or more people can study together.
  • what is negative constitutionalism ?
  • can you guys suggest me a good coaching centre for Law optional.
  • Hello everyone. Got the opportunity to return after so many years on the website. I have appeared in cse interview in 2014, 15 and 16 with good scores in law though interview killed my chances everytime. Currently I am engaged with a private firm independent of the vicious cycle of the exams. So, I am willing to give back to the aspirants my share of knowledge and experiences. Anyone interested can pm me.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog