MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

CSE 2017 & 2018 - Queries related to GS, CSAT, Optional,Test series and Misc.

Comments

• TAR said:

@ForumIAS
    I am being non-compliant here because i think it will be very helpful for those who have been following it...and Forum being the biggest platform for sharing it..

INSIGHTS SECURE SYNOPSIS Compilations for the months of APRIL, MAY & JUNE-2017.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4rUBiiS6MGTdmFVUk9XSE9fYTQ?usp=sharing

:) </blockqu

Thank you sir for sharing your hardwork with us..

• TAR said:

TAR said:

@ForumIAS
    I am being non-compliant here because i think it will be very helpful for those who have been following it...and Forum being the biggest platform for sharing it..

:)

Thank you very much sir
    Sir are you AKASH GUPTA??????
    :) :) :)

Yes i am..
    hey Akash
    I need some clarification about polity part of GS 2 paper
    Would Laxmikant be enough for the concepts part? I have a fairly good understanding of the subject but many are suggesting reading up DD Basu.
    What would you suggest?
  • sc said:

TAR said:

TAR said:

@ForumIAS

Thank you very much sir

Yes i am..
    hey Akash
    Would Laxmikant be enough for the concepts part? I have a fairly good understanding of the subject but many are suggesting reading up DD Basu.
    What would you suggest?
    Hey..

Laxmikanth is more than enough according to me....mains mein to waise laxmi ka role bhi kam hi hai...the whole paper is dynamic and current oriented..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    IRS IT.
  • TAR said:

sc said:

TAR said:

TAR said:

@ForumIAS

Thank you very much sir

Yes i am..
    hey Akash
    What would you suggest?
    Hey..

Laxmikanth is more than enough according to me....mains mein to waise laxmi ka role bhi kam hi hai...the whole paper is dynamic and current oriented..
    Thanks a lot
    All the best to you
  • Hi all,

I have started my preparation and targeting cse 2018 .could someone describe how you make use of secure and insights daily current affairs for notes making.
  • I want to sell Vision Philosophy test series with 8 tests. Anyone interested please pm me. Original Price - 12,000. Discounted Price (Rs 8,000)
  • Who is better for essay B Ramaswamy or vikas ranjan Sir?
  • Hi! Can someone please help me with Public Administration video lectures? kindly inbox. thanks in advance
  • Vision ias test series

• Psir material

2016 psir foundation course videos(chaubey sir)
    2016 psir test (test+model answer+ discussion videos)
    SR 2017 test series(test+model answer+ discussion videos)

And belive me not much has change in 2016 and 2017
    Even in current affairs issue
    So above material is still relevant

Interested 1 can message me 
    Price will be negotiated there
    Thanks
    ??
  • @TAR hello sir first of all i want to congratulate u for getting ur name in sacred list and with such a good rank
    Sir i just saw ur strategy regarding the note making on insights ..... i was also doing the same for secure but how did u make notes weekly or daily coz in secure they used to ask same question(issue) from different sources on alternate days for i.e doklam issue one day from hindu and other day from xpress and another day mint so how did you segregate your notes .....sir please give ur few seconds to this
  • drtdrt
    edited July 2017
    for current affairs, should I join ForumIAS current affairs review classes, or rely of Mains 365?
    I am already going through Mains Marathon monthly compilations.
    Review from selected players or people who have joined Forum classes would be much appreciated
  • Sorry if this question has been answered earlier.
    For world history I've done old ncert and parts of Norman Lowe.
    Should vision be done? Given the ROI of doing world history pls guide.
    My only point is whether by not doing vision I'll be losing out on value addition of some points which other ppl might write.
    Pls guide
  • nandini said:

Sorry if this question has been answered earlier.
    My only point is whether by not doing vision I'll be losing out on value addition of some points which other ppl might write.
    Pls guide

Ncert is sufficient.
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

nandini said:

Sorry if this question has been answered earlier.
    Pls guide

Ncert is sufficient.
    Thanks
  • Guys, please help what I should do now. My preparation has been loose till now given I didn't expect to clear prelims . Please suggest some programme or test series for GS. How are the mains quality improvement programmes going about in the market? (Ps: my second mains)
    BITSian '12-'16, Anthro, 2016-Mains(727), 2017-Mains*
  • Anyone please tell which test series is better for sociology- vision ias or pravin kishore?
    Online mode and special emphasis on paper-2.
    TIA
  • Anthropology ke liye Koi test series bata doo .. Vaid sir ke ker chuka hi mein pechle saal ...Market mein koun se achi hai
  • BeTTor said:

@TAR hello sir first of all i want to congratulate u for getting ur name in sacred list and with such a good rank
    Sir i just saw ur strategy regarding the note making on insights ..... i was also doing the same for secure but how did u make notes weekly or daily coz in secure they used to ask same question(issue) from different sources on alternate days for i.e doklam issue one day from hindu and other day from xpress and another day mint so how did you segregate your notes .....sir please give ur few seconds to this

hello...thank you.. :)

I make notes from the monthly compilations...so when July ends, i will wait for insights to release the secure synopsis compilation for the whole month or will compile it myself from the daily synopsis provided by them...
    then will read it and make the notes..

hope it helps..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    IRS IT.
  • @TAR First of all congrats sir..
    I have a query regarding essay classes.Which classes are good for essay preparation?.
    What was your strategy for essay preparation?
  • Albus said:

@TAR First of all congrats sir..
    I have a query regarding essay classes.Which classes are good for essay preparation?.
    What was your strategy for essay preparation?

hey...thank you.. :)

i dont know about the classes bro...havent been to any..

strategy to essay ki kuchh nahi hai....i didnt write any essay before the exam but i identified 25 odd topics a day before the exam and prepared a blueprint on how will i approach if such a topic comes...luckily both the topics i attempted in the exam were out of those 20-25 only...Gender one & Jobless Growth...(did the same thing in 2015 as well, that time also worked).

Personally i dont think writing essay needs any classes, you can write mocks if u want...
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    IRS IT.
  • @TAR thanku sir ....so u just read the newspaper daily and do notemaking monthly.......sir i was thinking to follow vision and vajiram monthly compilation whats ur take on this or should i go with insights ca+ vision ?
  • baliyan ke ancient and medieval history ke notes kaise hai?? paper-2 i can manage but paper 1 me thodi problem hai
    @Eiago @chills 1
    Romeo naam mera

Chori hai kaam tera ..
  • TAR said:

TAR said:

@ForumIAS

Thank you very much sir

Yes i am..
    Great sir
    VVKEMPEROR
  • BeTTor said:

@TAR thanku sir ....so u just read the newspaper daily and do notemaking monthly.......sir i was thinking to follow vision and vajiram monthly compilation whats ur take on this or should i go with insights ca+ vision ?

daily newspaper reading is gone these days.....secure notemaking i do monthly but I used to make notes of daily CA on a regular basis on evernote...i had not made them since november of last year, so have cleared the backlog now...will do it on a regular basis from now on till september 15..

yes, you can follow whichever source u like...insights ca+vision is fine...
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    IRS IT.
  • @TAR thanx a lot sir .....all the best for your great future
  • Selling my Vision IAS GS Mains Test Series. It has 18 section wise tests and 8 full tests. ( total 26 tests )
    Asking price is 16,000 which is same as current price of 16 tests . It will be most suitable for outstation candidates who have to submit answer copies online. Besides, everyone is welcome.

PS: Current 26 TESTS (18 Section wise Tests + 8 Full Length Tests)- Vision test series for mains cost is -16000

PS: Asking Price is negotiable
    ??
    Anyone???
  • Is byju gs test series good?
    And any idea about next ias gs test series?
    Vision ias is too costly. They are looting students.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog