MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

CSE 2017 & 2018 - Queries related to GS, CSAT, Optional,Test series and Misc.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    guys are u doing bills which are kinda dead but still pop up here and there
    ex the land acquisition bill 2015 and the geospatial info bill
    should one still try to get brief idea?
    the horror of no match found
    motivation, where art thou?
  • tiger101 said:

guys are u doing bills which are kinda dead but still pop up here and there
    ex the land acquisition bill 2015 and the geospatial info bill
    should one still try to get brief idea?

Company act 2013 poocha hi tha last year so i guess its better to do imp bills
    Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
  • will anybody please share the pdf of questions of the 16 test set of vision?
  • Guys anybody please suggest what to read for gs1-> role of women and women organizations
  • edited July 2017
    I am not able to contact ForumIAS regarding Test Series. Tried few numbers available on portal but no success. Anyone?
    @ForumIAS
    Indian Forest Service 2017 Batch
  • Where can I get all articles of newspapers consolidated?

Articles means what?

News items? Ya Opinion page?

Opinion page toh Newspaper ki website par se Archive section mein jaake Download ho jaayenge pichle saal bhar ke.
    Death is nothing , but to live defeated and inglorious , is to Die daily .

Articles means what?

News items? Ya Opinion page?

Opinion page toh Newspaper ki website par se Archive section mein jaake Download ho jaayenge pichle saal bhar ke.
    Thanks I got it :)
  • Anyone with botany optional?
  • sc said:

please give reviews about SriramIAS test series?
    or any other good test series for GS apart from VisionIAS

Don't join Sriram its complete wastage of Money...
    Not good question
    No proper feedback
    Not UPSC style booklet

Join
    1. Vision
    2. Forumias MGP
    3. Gs score

Or
    If you have speed then don't join Test series
    Write Daily on iasbaba ( i write there daily)
    Good review
    Synopsis next day...
    UPSC style questions
  • edited July 2017
    Bhai log..i got 655 in main 2016...ess-105..geo-227gs-322..abhi upsc ne mera marks bataya..kuch issue tha...feeling down ...kitna improve sakta hai 2017 me....first mains tha..
  • From were to study Science & Tech of GS 3.
    Best source ???? :)
  • sc said:

please give reviews about SriramIAS test series?
    or any other good test series for GS apart from VisionIAS

Don't join Sriram its complete wastage of Money...
    Not good question
    No proper feedback
    Not UPSC style booklet

Join
    1. Vision
    2. Forumias MGP
    3. Gs score

Or
    If you have speed then don't join Test series
    Write Daily on iasbaba ( i write there daily)
    Good review
    Synopsis next day...
    UPSC style questions
    Thanks a lot man

Current affairs or static
  • sss_2503 said:

From were to study Science & Tech of GS 3.

Current affairs or static
    CA + static..
  • raj87 said:

Bhai log..i got 655 in main 2016...ess-105..geo-227gs-322..abhi upsc ne mera marks bataya..kuch issue tha...feeling down ...kitna improve sakta hai 2017 me....first mains tha..

There is a lot of room for improvement
    You need to structure your answer properly...
    For GS+Essay write daily answer writing on IAS Baba.
    Just mug up Vision Test series + IAS baba TLP comilaton
    and write write write...
    you will surely get 400+ In GS...

You can improve in geography too..
    join some good test series

For essay read toppers essay

There are two strategy for essay
    1.By siddhart jain
    https://siddharthjainias.wordpress.com/blog/

2.By Sagar upadhyay
    https://itsmesagar.me/2015/09/30/how-to-write-a-kick-ass-essay/

Then read some toppers essay and try to link it with above strategy...

If you can join join some test series go for it..
    You can join Vikas rajan sir's essay (Good feedback based on the first strategy--siddhart jain)
  • yaarrr koi ye batao ki kam se kam time men best possible tarikey se self-review kaise kiya ja sakta hai test dekar, kyoki agar mai test dekar solution se review krta hu to 3/4th day to yun hi gujar jata hai.......
    what up biatch ?

• Guys.i have started my mains prep last week and now I don't know how to proceed.what to do first..i am very scared,if I will be able to complete the syllabus. I am.scoring 102 in prelims and was not hopeful,so immediately couldn't start my prep.now after reading so many threads,I feel bit of a hope is still thr..but I have already wasted 1 month sulking. Please guide me how to proceed with the preparation
    Ignore the question if you find it irrelevant.thanks
  • Guys.i have started my mains prep last week and now I don't know how to proceed.what to do first..i am very scared,if I will be able to complete the syllabus. I am.scoring 102 in prelims and was not hopeful,so immediately couldn't start my prep.now after reading so many threads,I feel bit of a hope is still thr..but I have already wasted 1 month sulking. Please guide me how to proceed with the preparation

There is still a lot of time left. And yes you have chance of qualifying this year. Start preparing for the main battle

Like in any battle, dont open too many fronts just start by taking 3 different things (optional+ any static gs topic either gs1/gs4 + any current affair compilation insights/ vision/ forumias).
    Be consistent and try to finish at least 1 iteration of syllabus asap.

As for the last part of ques being irrelevant always remember
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
  • Hi dear aspirants , earlier group of 30 members (many of them are in various all india services now) formed as a team and compiled notes for insights SECURE MAINS questions. We did it in a sustainable manner. Later disbanded the team as some got services, some left preparation. we are planning to start that initiative again. Now Insights providing synopsis but lacks quality and dont cover overall dimensions. But still if we compile our own notes, it will be highly beneficial for both who are going to write mains this year and 2018 aspirants. we follow proven strategy to compile notes

we will keep it as simple as possible and continue it in sustainable way. Only 2 assignments per member per month. But for 2017 mains writing aspirants we have to cover last 1 year, so initially work may be hectic, after that only 2 assignments(dates) per member per month.So interested members can please msg us here. We did it for 2015, 2016 also. Providing you a sample compilation here, in similar way you will get compilation for last 1 year. interested members pls message me or tell here
    docx
    docx
    3.ENVIRONMENT.docx

Science daily.com
  • Dear friends ...can you reveal the sources your referring to for 1.ethics
    2.Indian society (gs-1)
  • sss_2503 said:

Guys.i have started my mains prep last week and now I don't know how to proceed.what to do first..i am very scared,if I will be able to complete the syllabus. I am.scoring 102 in prelims and was not hopeful,so immediately couldn't start my prep.now after reading so many threads,I feel bit of a hope is still thr..but I have already wasted 1 month sulking. Please guide me how to proceed with the preparation

There is still a lot of time left. And yes you have chance of qualifying this year. Start preparing for the main battle

Like in any battle, dont open too many fronts just start by taking 3 different things (optional+ any static gs topic either gs1/gs4 + any current affair compilation insights/ vision/ forumias).
    Be consistent and try to finish at least 1 iteration of syllabus asap.

As for the last part of ques being irrelevant always remember
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
    +1
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural
  • guys how many questions are able to attempt in first hour in GS paper 1, 2 and 3 ?
    My speed is very low :(
  • nimana5 said:

Dear friends ...can you reveal the sources your referring to for 1.ethics
    2.Indian society (gs-1)

....please someone enlighten
  • Bhai Ethics ke liye GSScore mat join kariyo...matlab hadd chutiyapa hai...
  • Guys any good source for ethics as a secondary source that is more value added material not for basic understanding.

I have read lexicon.Scored 105 in CSE 2016.Want to push it up.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • Bhai Ethics ke liye GSScore mat join kariyo...matlab hadd chutiyapa hai...

I was thinking of joining them.. Kya issue hai waha?
  • NATIONAL CAPITAL GOODS POLICY 2016 document.
    Is it beneficial to read, if yes how to be read
    Please enlighten
    http://dhi.nic.in/writereaddata/Content/Capital Goods Policy Final.pdf
    fitting shayri for aspirants by UPSC -
    Inhi pattharon pe chal kar agar aa sako to aao,
    Mere ghar k raastay main koi kehkashan (source of light, literally - constelllation) nahi hay
  • Will (vision monthly + Insights editorials + Iasbaba TLP/Mains marathon) will do justice to me in the exam hall ? please dont say secure.. they are huge compilations for me.. :(
    Really worried with optional only under control. kindly solve this dilemma :(
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog