MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

How can I balance my studies and UPSC prep?

I am working as a PO in a PSB..! I want to appear for UPSC 2018..! Veterans please guide me with the detailed time table to turn the tides in my favour..!

Comments

• edited December 2017

• edited December 2017

• edited December 2017

• I am working as a PO in a PSB..! I want to appear for UPSC 2018..! Veterans please guide me with the detailed time table to turn the tides in my favour..!

Iska answer koi nahi de sakta.
  • It's all up to you-managing time is an art and each one is the artist of a unique type. You should prioritise your schedule -the daily ones.Leaves should be managed effectively specially during Mains time. It can be done provided you believe you can do.
    All the best!!
    P - 3 | M - 3* | I -0
  • banbhatt said:

I am working as a PO in a PSB..! I want to appear for UPSC 2018..! Veterans please guide me with the detailed time table to turn the tides in my favour..!

Iska answer koi nahi de sakta.
    Yar what timetable? You have syllabus...yu have booklist and you have days..now its upto you how you complete syllabus study either 3 hours or 10 or 20...it doesn't matter..bas syllabus complete kar ke revise hona chaiye.
  • from my personal experience and of others i can tell you that it with a job which entails public dealing it is impossible to study for cse . but if you have already given 2-3 attempts in mains with serious prep then you can manage.
  • I am working as a PO in a PSB..! I want to appear for UPSC 2018..! Veterans please guide me with the detailed time table to turn the tides in my favour..!

very difficult to say. most of the people here have left their jobs due to time crunch. As far as i know, bank po barely get much time after work hours, in some cases they work for longer hrs than the IT professionals.
  • edited December 2017
    F5 said:

very difficult to say. most of the people here have left their jobs due to time crunch. As far as i know, bank po barely get much time after work hours, in some cases they work for longer hrs than the IT professionals.
    the problem with bank job is that you need to constantantly work looking at computer screen with full attention to evade chances of wrong entry or authorization. Plus dealing with customers can drain all your energy.
    There is no define work which you can finish fast and then can read newspaper or other such stuff. Work never ends in bank literally. Plus staff crunch due to retirement and people leaving within 2 years of joining has spell doom on banking.
  • bhai log kya pata ab yeh mahshya PO na reh kar promote ho chuke hon :mrgreen: 6 month purana hai yeh :trollface:
  • bhai log kya pata ab yeh mahshya PO na reh kar promote ho chuke hon :mrgreen: 6 month purana hai yeh :trollface:

Bhai confirmed officer hone ke baad asli durgati chalu hoti hain.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog