Which are the suitable jobs one can join while he/she is preparing for UPSC Civil Services Exam?

edited June 2017 in Engineering
Ideally the best case is to dedicate full time for UPSC preparation. But considering practical constraints, if one has to prepare along with a job what are all the options available ? However, the job is secondary and the preparation is important than it.
The requirements for that job would be (in the decreasing order of priority) :
1. Time one can spend for preparation
2. Money
3. Less stress

I have done B.Tech 2015 { EC } { 61%}

Comments

• Will write after prelims...
  • Hello,
    If you are from the Engineering Background you can make career in the railways too. The RRB Railways is one of the biggest organization in India that provides job to the several candidates. The Railways provides jobs on various posts including the Group D Posts, Assistant Loco Pilot, and Non-Technical Posts. If you are an Engineering aspirant one of the recruitment made by the Railways Is on the RRB JE and SSE Posts.
    You can make career as a JE or SSE. To prepare for the RRB JE Exam check out the RRB JE Syllabus from here
    The Exam is mainly conducted in
    General Awareness
    Technical Ability
    General Awareness
    Arithmetic
    Reasoning Ability
  • The best thing is to prepare with a job, if you have any slightest of the insecurities within or around you. !

Carry on with a Job. The best strategy would be, to keep trying for a more suitable job (in terms of the work load) and switch to it, when u get the same.

Once you have the best suited job, carry on with full flow. !

Remark: There have been toppers on Forum, who had carried on with their preparation without a Job, and that too in the adverse conditions. (Insecurities)

However, not everyone is designed like those very few people, who had immense self confidence and an exceptional control over the mind.

For other normal people, to carry on with the Job is the best strategy !

My GOD has sent me for something special and I'm making sure, I do not disappoint him. !
  • Best job is teaching .
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog