Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

CS Prelims 2016 marks released. Check yours.

Comments

• Hi all :) I am not in Delhi and I want to solve the full length tests of insight...can someone post the PDF here and their answers ? even 2-3 tests will be a great help... please do if possible. Thanks
  • So Nandini KR got average marks in all papers but scores 320+ in optionals, same thing happened with Gaurav Agarwal :)

She must be having 420+ in GS..btw can u please share her score
    420+ in GS used to be a big deal..... But its too mainstream now.
    She has got 131 in paper 1 ; that's the highest score I have seen in paper 1 and she has scored 450 + in GS (We can't call that average)
    It's time to make it count !!
  • Rudraa said:

Hi all :) I am not in Delhi and I want to solve the full length tests of insight...can someone post the PDF here and their answers ? even 2-3 tests will be a great help... please do if possible. Thanks

go to this site and download..
    https://freeupscmaterials.wordpress.com/
  • Naseeb+Mehanat= UPSC Topper

How? He doesn't seem differently abled
    PH hone pe bhi shak?? bhai bohot se PH status visible nahi hote..and certificate ke sath medical hota hai..after interview..to PH cat. pe pe shak na karo..
  • What was IfoS prelims cut off???
  • urguy23 said:

What was IfoS prelims cut off???

132,yet to be released officially.
  • @Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!
    N kept yelling that u should have some responsibility. I tried explaining him my situation but he just kept yelling n then he hung up. Did anyone face something similar?!
    Talk about providing a helpline number.. it's bullshit. Pehle phone mat uthao n uthathe hain to chillate hain. Seeing the attitude I feel ki Upsc office mein to peon bhi apne aap ko chairman samajhta Hai shayad.

Oh dear! That's so unprofessional of them.
    I too have tried calling a dozen times but it didn't get answered.

Anyways, I am focusing now on June 18th and would suggest the same to you. All the best.
  • Rudraa said:

Hi all :) I am not in Delhi and I want to solve the full length tests of insight...can someone post the PDF here and their answers ? even 2-3 tests will be a great help... please do if possible. Thanks

go to this site and download..
    https://freeupscmaterials.wordpress.com/
    Bhai thanks Lekin isme 23 tak hi hai. Full length end mein hoga
  • Yeah last year prelims ka answer kab aayeg????
  • edited June 2017
    Krieger said:

urguy23 said:

Fcuk! Issbar kitna hogaaa, 140??? Cut throat competition ho gaya hai...
  • Krieger said:

urguy23 said:

66??? Oh god...
  • Krieger said:

urguy23 said:

one of my friends got 132.66 and he didn't get through..
  • @Albert Camus I called up upsc. U won't believe what the reaction was. I told them that I had lost my roll no n just had my rid. Pehle to transfer Kiya teen se char jagah n finally a guy yelled at me n said I'm not going to give u your roll no at any cost! Wtf! Who does this?!
    N kept yelling that u should have some responsibility. I tried explaining him my situation but he just kept yelling n then he hung up. Did anyone face something similar?!
    Talk about providing a helpline number.. it's bullshit. Pehle phone mat uthao n uthathe hain to chillate hain. Seeing the attitude I feel ki Upsc office mein to peon bhi apne aap ko chairman samajhta Hai shayad.

no use of calling.just send them a mail,though chance of reply is remote
  • Rudraa said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B-7pRR2ueeZTY0x1dE1nM29VM0U
    Try this one.
  • Rudraa said:

see your inbox
    CSE 2013 : Revolt
    CSE 2014 : Revolution
  • Vision and insight total 70 test series.. .
    Probability ke hisab se 1 test series se agar 1 question bhi aaye to 70 questions sure..

And vision 365... Some more questions. .

7000 questions with explanation se 70 questions nahi aayenge kya also doing vision 365 ?

Bro how about this strategy? Will it work?
  • Krieger said:

upen said:

decaprio said:

upen said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

i wonder how some one improves so much tremendously within 3 months that one clears prelims by miniscule margin and goes on to top,while many with good prelims score dont score good in gs?even if mains is analysis based,analysis can only be done by someone who has good grasp on GS.

. Dina tabi ko bhool gye kya??
    12th se coaching kar rhi thi 90s me the uske
    bhai upsc ko me jitna samajhne ki koshish kar rha hu..utna confuse ho rha hu...
    1 Q me to pakka mujhe 0.5/12.5 milega...critically analyse upsc procedure.. Clueless.
    ps: 112 in essay gale nahi utar rhe mere.. :'(
    +1000
    Essay 107
    I was like crying after my essay...thought I have messed up first essay though second one was decent...got 146...Had not practiced a single one...But I think things are also grlorified like you should write quotes, amazing conclusion etc etc...I think UPSC rewards to those too who have written very simple and relevant
    Aisa?
    Different people different views.
    even same person can have different views alternate year :mrgreen: essay n ethics are two papers in which a person scoring 130-150 may land to 100 next year n vice-versa.
    Totally agreed btother.
    शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
  • edited June 2017

Vision and insight total 70 test series.. .
    Probability ke hisab se 1 test series se agar 1 question bhi aaye to 70 questions sure..

7000 questions with explanation se 70 questions nahi aayenge kya also doing vision 365 ?

Bro In Las 8-10 days it would be very difficult to solve / read solutions / revising them atleast twice considering each test would require atleast 2 hrs for solving + analysing / reading solutions. Moreover there might be considerable amount of overlapping of topics in these tests. And we usually don't remember the things 100% as it's as there would always be leakage of 20-30%. So even if 70 questions come from the test series it is difficult to mark all of them absolutely correct. If you have accuracy of even 70-80% even then 10-15 questions would likely to be marked wrong.
  • Seed said:

handshake said:

All these variations are due to the extremely random nature of the exam. The trouble is most humans don't view reality as it is but as they wish it were.

Aspirants find it comfortable to believe that UPSC is a benign and efficient body and that this exam is a perfect marker of suitability and learning. Far from it folks.

Although those in government will keep tom-tomming this exam's greatness (that's how they get their legitimacy), the fact is most gov babus are dolts and this exam is remarkable for the idiots it filters through to top ranks. In fact, most smart ones find it difficult to clear it, being designed as it is for a dumb babudom.

But, that's how the world works, make peace with the devil, move on, throw your hat into the ring again. And when you do clear it, go shout from the rooftops how this is "the mother of all exams." Haha.

kehna kya chahte ho?? pehle dumbness ki class le kahi jake? :p My family since childhood is accusing me of being dumb.. engineering made me even more dumb...mera to fir bhi nahi ho pa rha..
    Sort of. Work hard and smart, act dumb in your interview (give stock answers)
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • decaprio said:

Krieger said:

upen said:

decaprio said:

upen said:

Seed said:

Krieger said:

i wonder how some one improves so much tremendously within 3 months that one clears prelims by miniscule margin and goes on to top,while many with good prelims score dont score good in gs?even if mains is analysis based,analysis can only be done by someone who has good grasp on GS.

. Dina tabi ko bhool gye kya??
    12th se coaching kar rhi thi 90s me the uske
    bhai upsc ko me jitna samajhne ki koshish kar rha hu..utna confuse ho rha hu...
    1 Q me to pakka mujhe 0.5/12.5 milega...critically analyse upsc procedure.. Clueless.
    ps: 112 in essay gale nahi utar rhe mere.. :'(
    +1000
    Essay 107
    I was like crying after my essay...thought I have messed up first essay though second one was decent...got 146...Had not practiced a single one...But I think things are also grlorified like you should write quotes, amazing conclusion etc etc...I think UPSC rewards to those too who have written very simple and relevant
    Aisa?
    Different people different views.
    even same person can have different views alternate year :mrgreen: essay n ethics are two papers in which a person scoring 130-150 may land to 100 next year n vice-versa.
    Totally agreed btother.
    but i wish u get even more than what u got this year . B)
  • gt2015 said:

Vision and insight total 70 test series.. .

Bro In Las 8-10 days it would be very difficult to solve / read solutions / revising them atleast twice considering each test would require atleast 2 hrs for solving + analysing / reading solutions. Moreover there might be considerable amount of overlapping of topics in these tests. And we usually don't remember the things 100% as it's as there would always be leakage of 20-30%. So even if 70 questions come from the test series it is difficult to mark all of them absolutely correct. If you have accuracy of even 70-80% even then 10-15 questions would likely to be marked wrong.
    solving so many questions before exm will backfire. evry questions will seem like dejavu in exam hall which will lead to more mistakes.
  • handshake said:

Seed said:

handshake said:

All these variations are due to the extremely random nature of the exam. The trouble is most humans don't view reality as it is but as they wish it were.

Aspirants find it comfortable to believe that UPSC is a benign and efficient body and that this exam is a perfect marker of suitability and learning. Far from it folks.

Although those in government will keep tom-tomming this exam's greatness (that's how they get their legitimacy), the fact is most gov babus are dolts and this exam is remarkable for the idiots it filters through to top ranks. In fact, most smart ones find it difficult to clear it, being designed as it is for a dumb babudom.

But, that's how the world works, make peace with the devil, move on, throw your hat into the ring again. And when you do clear it, go shout from the rooftops how this is "the mother of all exams." Haha.

kehna kya chahte ho?? pehle dumbness ki class le kahi jake? :p My family since childhood is accusing me of being dumb.. engineering made me even more dumb...mera to fir bhi nahi ho pa rha..
    Sort of. Work hard and smart, act dumb in your interview (give stock answers)
    its true if one has concrete opinion about everything board will think that it will be difficult to mould this person by training.
  • When will the upsc key be released guyz?
    In the last lap of my journey.. Preparing at home.. Selection Target 2019
  • edited June 2017
    P-I: 120 (~73 Attempted)
    P-II: 83.33

This year have been getting a lot of negatives in mocks trying to answer 80-90. 10 din hain, I am giving effort, putting in hours, will get thru.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • Anybody please advise....should I focus on book and CA revision again....or do tests and through them revise everything????,,
  • Anybody please advise....should I focus on book and CA revision again....or do tests and through them revise everything????,,

:s itna sab kuch h karne ko and me forum me pura din nikal deta hu :'(
  • Seed said:

Anybody please advise....should I focus on book and CA revision again....or do tests and through them revise everything????,,

bhai band kar do n mains k baad ayenge ab forum pe @Seed
    DANICS 2017
    Optional - Philosophy
  • Seed said:

Anybody please advise....should I focus on book and CA revision again....or do tests and through them revise everything????,,

bhai band kar do n mains k baad ayenge ab forum pe @Seed
    +1
    Done bhai
    Mai chomu and seed ab nahi aayenge
    Hemu sharnam gacchammi
  • Seed said:

Haan :( time kaise utilize karna chayiye..wo samjh nhin aa raha

This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly