MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

law optional prep

buddies, do create a new group for law optional prep..

Comments

• chia said:

+1
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • Yess. A telegram group would be fine.
  • anybody qualified finally with law?
    If 50 percent of your career is not filled with failure, you're not really successful.
  • I knew only two people who could make it to interview. None of them finally made it
    crazylazy said:

anybody qualified finally with law?

• seems law optional has been butchered this time..
    If 50 percent of your career is not filled with failure, you're not really successful.
  • crazylazy said:

seems law optional has been butchered this time..

Not butchered. Even last year people said law had been butchered.
    When the total no of students appearing with law in interview is so less, there is no point of butchering.
    It might be that people could not convert finally and also the no of students with law appearing for interview is quite less.
  • chia said:

I think a wts group may help after pre....no use of trying it on forum....many have tried earlier without use....the law people are merry into themselves and their college group...
  • edited June 2017
    In. Ranks in early 900s. Paper 1 -93 paper2-157.
    What a joke upsc is. I should have got at least 130 in paper 1
  • out paper 1 70 paper 2-146
  • edited June 2017
    Paper 1 - 76
    Paper 2 - 150

Out.
    PS - I thought my paper 1 was better than paper 2.
  • Paper 2 was better for me but paper 1 was also good. I was expecting 130 even with previous cutoff in mind.
  • out
    paper 1 76
    paper 2 109

please suggest some test series to improve...scores
  • Out in final list.

Total 213
  • Law seems to be bigger challenge to cross the average 250 marks, while other optionals makes it to more than 300. We can only fight harder to reach the higher levels if we have to see ourselves amidst others.

Someone above 250 in law could shed some light.
  • MARKS OBTAINED
    QUALIFYING SUBJECTS
    MARKS
    HINDI (PAPER-I)
    ENGLISH (PAPER-II)
    MAIN SUBJECTS
    MARKS
    ESSAY (PAPER-I)
    GENERAL STUDIES -I (PAPER-II)
    GENERAL STUDIES -II (PAPER-III)
    GENERAL STUDIES -III (PAPER-IV)
    GENERAL STUDIES -IV (PAPER-V)
    OPTIONAL-I (LAW) (PAPER-VI)
    OPTIONAL-II (LAW) (PAPER-VII)
    WRITTEN TOTAL
  • law -68,151.

yaar kya faayda prep karke..itne number se to kabhi selection nahi hone waala..optional change karke hi kuch banega ab lag raha hai..
  • I am wondering whether to continue with law.I am not from law background.Last year i got 125 odd marks in paper 1 of law but this year i cant figure out what went wrong.Please suggest guys
  • edited June 2017
    P1 79 and P2 116. My Paper 2 was pretty bad, to be very honest. And I think I had written some of the best answers that I have ever written in Paper 1. Clearly, self assessment can't be relied upon in this exam.
  • It's really shocking see marks of paper 1.. really this year is going to be more challenging..what will i do?..i am a law graduate
    Officer at MHA
  • This is pathetic! How can UPSC be so blind? My paper 1 marks ruined any chances of being in the final list. I did decently in other papers.

Essay - 135
    GS 1 - 115
    GS 2 - 93
    GS 3 - 115
    GS 4 - 111
    Law 1 - 76
    Law 2 - 150
    Personality Test - 187
    Total - 982

There is just no way to compete with other optionals where 250 has been the norm.
  • It is unfortunate that no one, based on above data, seems to have crossed the 2 digit score in Paper 1 in law. I think it must be taken up before the Chairman of the UPSC by all of us, at least to draw his attention that one particular valuer is being extremely and unjustifiably strict in his valuation. Paper 1 was relatively easier than 2, yet such scoring puts up more pressure when we compete with students who score easily a three digit mark.

Pls aire your views
  • No one cares dude! It's done and dusted. I am sure that with a handful of aspirants with law optional, no one scoring more than double digits, would have caught the in-charge's attention!
  • Any idea what has been the highest score?
  • edited June 2017

Any idea what has been the highest score?

Dont know about others. Mine 250
    I have seen people scoring above 250 in other optionals and not even cleared mains

• Atleast, we can write mails to UPSC. There has to be some flaw on part of UPSC if everyone is scoring below 100 in paper 1.
  • abhi44 said:

Atleast, we can write mails to UPSC. There has to be some flaw on part of UPSC if everyone is scoring below 100 in paper 1.

We can do that but i doubt anything will happen.
  • VK87 said:

This is pathetic! How can UPSC be so blind? My paper 1 marks ruined any chances of being in the final list. I did decently in other papers.

Essay - 135
    GS 1 - 115
    GS 2 - 93
    GS 3 - 115
    GS 4 - 111
    Law 1 - 76
    Law 2 - 150
    Personality Test - 187
    Total - 982

There is just no way to compete with other optionals where 250 has been the norm.

I have seen many people scoring 280 marks in other optionals but not anyone above 250 in law.

• I agree I think we must at least email and highlight the poor score.
  • Also any suggestion for a good test series anyone?
  • Also any suggestion for a good test series anyone?

I don't think there is any test series for law. Nirvana has tests only for its own students.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog