All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

The Great PEN debate

124»

Comments

• Suraj95 said:

this thread seems to be active again ,
    i have now shifted to cello deco gel and hauser gel pens

do gel pens don't fade away?
    fade away as in ?
    as copy checking takes time till then impression remains or may it get little fade

• Pilot pen koi use nahi karta ?
  • Bhai ab pen Ka Kya chakkar hai.. koi bhi use Kar lo.. pen se bhi marks m farq padta hai Kya :lol:
    तू नज़्म नज़्म सा मेरे होंठो पे ठहर जा...
  • Bhai ab pen Ka Kya chakkar hai.. koi bhi use Kar lo.. pen se bhi marks m farq padta hai Kya :lol:

Shreeman apne Kabhi mains nahi Diya shayad
  • Last year I used v7..
    Speed Sahi rehti likhne Kee...
    But it produces dots on other pages..
    Keep your face to the sunshine, you will never see the shadow.

• edited June 2018
    my long search for pen ended with writo-meter
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
  • something wrong with cello butterflow ball pen. Its ink dries up just after 1/4th use.
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• something wrong with cello butterflow ball pen. Its ink dries up just after 1/4th use.

Still no options against it. So I am keeping 5 pens at hand to switch, sometimes there's a good refill that lasts to 75% of its length before drying out.
    This profile belongs to Lord Vorminious

Still no options against it. So I am keeping 5 pens at hand to switch, sometimes there's a good refill that lasts to 75% of its length before drying out.
    Me too doing the same thing. The pen is awesome for its value(10 rs) . If they could resolve this ink issue no other pen can beat it.
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

Me too doing the same thing. The pen is awesome for its value(10 rs) . If they could resolve this ink issue no other pen can beat it.
    Am I buying wrong pen, 15 rs. with one extra refill :smiley: by the way it is working fine till half of its length.
    है अँधेरी रात पर दीपक जलाना कब मना है

Am I buying wrong pen, 15 rs. with one extra refill :smiley: by the way it is working fine till half of its length.
    I have this one

IMG_20180916_165000831.jpg
    4160 x 2340 - 3M

I have this one

same pen...for 15 it comes with one extra refill..but refill does not work properly...only original pen works fine till it works. :smile:
    है अँधेरी रात पर दीपक जलाना कब मना है
  • Reynolds Liquiflo. Smooth writing pen i have ever seen. Nothing beats this.
  • Reynolds Liquiflo. Smooth writing pen i have ever seen. Nothing beats this.

Imo very pathetic pen. Fat lines are a strict no-no for me, added to it the smudge factor and the faded out colour. But it is smoother than the Butterflow so good alternative if adjusted to fat ink.
    This profile belongs to Lord Vorminious
  • Dosto uniball ub 157 try Karke dekho, mast pen h.
    Sincerity, Dedication, Honesty
  • Has any maharathi ever used a ball pen and got good marks in mains? I really want to switch to ball pens but impression na bigad jaye.
  • Though I have switched to since 2017, I used Cello Exam Pin Point ball pen in 2016 mains. Didn't give any pain and was smooth enough.
    Having said that, Rorito seems to be the best in terms of quality these days. So you guys could try them. Sticking to Rorito Amazer gel this time.

• Uniball air.. smooth and fast, waterproof, fade proof.. I’d suggest to give it a try..
    A7C99012-710C-4DC7-BC2A-F7073D9DCA0B.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    CSE 2017- P,M,I
    CSE 2018- P,M,I*
  • Use fountain pen.
  • Black or blue?
    Blue is more student like whereas black looks more professional
  • dpagarwal said:

Use fountain pen.

Which one :(
  • i would highly appreciate suggestions as to which ball point pens should i use to write mains examinations considering i have a very bad handwriting?
    also which one do u all think is better- blue or black ink?
  • rogerthat said:

i would highly appreciate suggestions as to which ball point pens should i use to write mains examinations considering i have a very bad handwriting?
    also which one do u all think is better- blue or black ink?

I dont think mamy ball point pens are good for this . Only butterflow is good
    HUSTLE
  • is der any great alarm clock thread also ..i need a good reliable affordable alarm clock ?
    Jab ghaayal huwa Himaalay, khatare me padee aajaadee
    Jab tak thee saans lade woh, phir apni laash bichha dee
    Salute to indian soldiers
  • “My pen is bigger than your dad’s”, said the 6 year old innocently. 10 years later he took the 10 year challenge on Facebook.
    P - 1 | M - 1 | I - 1* | First Attempt | Hoping for the best in 2018
  • Has any maharathi ever used a ball pen and got good marks in mains? I really want to switch to ball pens but impression na bigad jaye.

Anu ma'am has said in her blog's FAQ article, that she used Cello Gripper for her Mains answers
  • Hauser tech 7
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google