ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

The Great PEN debate

Comments

• Neyawn said:

chokeslam said:

I wrote last year mains with writo meter black ball pen.
    I want to write this year with pilot v7 but I am afraid of papaer quality.
    Last year essay gs1 gs3 and optional 1 had good quality paper and gs2 gs4 and optional 2 had low quality comparatively.
    If anybody has written last year with v7 kindly share ur experience

Not being superstitious, but I know seven people who used that thick write o meter in Mains and have secured under 100 rank.

Take your call wisely (wink)

(My job is done :P :P)
    That is superstitious. Let the guy use the pen he wants to. :joy: :joy:
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Review of PILOT Hi-Tecpoint 05 anyone (with pros and cons :)) .... Rs 40 wala not Rs 60)
    Reference : - http://www.insightsonindia.com/2016/06/07/motivation-strategy-upsc-mains-tips-answer-writing-kumar-ashirwad-rank-35-cse-2015/

Well, I used it. It is refillable, you can get the ink from local shops, they hve those small bottles of pilot ink.
    Cons:
    1) ink not waterproof
    2) a bit fine, those who have a bit large handwriting might not like it

Pros-
    1) I felt it smooth and it adjusted well in my hands and I could write without any serious ache in hand
    2) Initially it will feel rough like scratching paper, but as time goes on, it becomes smoother and writes as comfortably as one can write with v5/v7.

Many people prefer v5 from pilot, I didn't because it is not refillable. But its nib is bit thicker than this one. Also, there is v7, which writes very thick. So, finally, its your call!
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

• Review of PILOT Hi-Tecpoint 05 anyone (with pros and cons :)) .... Rs 40 wala not Rs 60)
    Reference : - http://www.insightsonindia.com/2016/06/07/motivation-strategy-upsc-mains-tips-answer-writing-kumar-ashirwad-rank-35-cse-2015/

Well, I used it. It is refillable, you can get the ink from local shops, they hve those small bottles of pilot ink.
    Cons:
    1) ink not waterproof

Pros-
    1) I felt it smooth and it adjusted well in my hands and I could write without any serious ache in hand
    2) Initially it will feel rough like scratching paper, but as time goes on, it becomes smoother and writes as comfortably as one can write with v5/v7.

Many people prefer v5 from pilot, I didn't because it is not refillable. But its nib is bit thicker than this one. Also, there is v7, which writes very thick. So, finally, its your call!
    But it's the same pen. Why are you confusing us. Please differentiate clearly. I use 40/- 0.5 mm pen. :/
  • Pilot Hi tecpoint 05 is of 40 rupees. It is refillable, one can pour ink in the refill feather. You can take it out from back.

But pilot hi tecpoint v5 is different. Its nib is bit more thicker and is officialy not refillable, though some people take out the front portion of nib to fill the tank. It has no such feather. Also it costs around 60, I guess. A refillble version exists in USA, not in India.

So both are different, buddy! Hi tecpoint 05 and v5. What I have written is about hitecpoint 05 only.
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

• win guide ball pen.
    Light weight,
    smooth,
    cheap.
    one of the most underrated pen..
    There is no place in the world.
    for an Half-hearted attempt.
  • Pilot v5 is the best, super speed and beautiful handwriting.
    I used it in my last mains... :)
    For pre, any black ball pen, preferably maxwriter....

blue or black? @KungFuPanda_7
    Currently reading : No Place to Hide by Glenn Greenwald
    Last read : Unstoppable by Maria Sharapova

Cons:
    1) ink not waterproof

Pros-

• chokeslam said:

I wrote last year mains with writo meter black ball pen.
    I want to write this year with pilot v7 but I am afraid of papaer quality.
    Last year essay gs1 gs3 and optional 1 had good quality paper and gs2 gs4 and optional 2 had low quality comparatively.
    If anybody has written last year with v7 kindly share ur experience

very good choice...
    i wrote with V7 this year, like loads of others..
    i assure ya, quality of paper will not be an issue...

V5 is also good, if u are fine with thin nib and dun put much pressure while writing..
    if u do put pressure on nib while writing, then go for V7..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    IRS IT.
  • I am not yet sure what this is about...is it great debate about simple pens or simple debate about great pens?
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • I am not yet sure what this is about...is it great debate about simple pens or simple debate about great pens?

Good question but your question heart me.

Since both the categories exist, and it is a subjective term in itself, the title of the thread has been deliberately kept ambiguous. :sunglasses:
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • edited May 2017

I am not yet sure what this is about...is it great debate about simple pens or simple debate about great pens?

Since both the categories exist, and it is a subjective term in itself, the title of the thread has been deliberately kept ambiguous. :sunglasses:
    ROFL

Reminds me of engendered wala question ,last yr essay wala @DrKingSchultz
    HUSTLE

Good question but your question heart me.
    It must be pricking you..No worries!! You can switch over to any 1 mm ball pens from 0.45 mm one...in fact in prelims it will help you in filling the circles quickly :wink:
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.

Simple debate about great pens is perfect recipe for offending great pen wielders..I hear masters take special pride in what they hold onto :wink:

ROFL

Reminds me of engendered wala question ,last yr essay wala @DrKingSchultz
    Haha yes, thank goodness I managed to glance at the Hindi text as well, as wrote on women empowerment. :sweat_smile:
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • From the above comments i can see most people favouring Pilot V5.

What you all think of Reynolds Trimax. I am using the same for last 2years and have found a good grip over it.

But does anyone with experience of using both V5 and Trimax comment, which of the 2 will be better?

Also for prelims, which is better a ball pen or a gel pen (smudge issue)? Can anyone suggest a good ball pen for prelims?
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • Pilot v5 is the best, super speed and beautiful handwriting.
    I used it in my last mains... :)
    For pre, any black ball pen, preferably maxwriter....

blue or black? @KungFuPanda_7
    I used blue. :)
    An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

What you all think of Reynolds Trimax. I am using the same for last 2years and have found a good grip over it.

But does anyone with experience of using both V5 and Trimax comment, which of the 2 will be better?

Also for prelims, which is better a ball pen or a gel pen (smudge issue)? Can anyone suggest a good ball pen for prelims?

gel pen for filling bubbles in pre?

An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory

Bhai. Tabhi to Q mark bhi lagay hai ? Statement nahi sawaal hai dost.
  • edited May 2017

From the above comments i can see most people favouring Pilot V5.

You can't you gel pen for prelims.Its specifically mentioned to use black ballpoint pen.Most people go for Cello Butterflow.
  • Neondust said:

From the above comments i can see most people favouring Pilot V5.

You can't you gel pen for prelims.Its specifically mentioned to use black ballpoint pen.Most people go for Cello Butterflow.
    How silly of me. :o :/ Thank for reminding and giving recommendation. :)
  • Flair Writometer.
    Ball for practice, Gel version for Answer writing.
    Geography Optional.
  • Which pen is suitable for prelims ?
  • gt2015 said:

Which pen is suitable for prelims ?

Koi bhi le lo, bubbles hi toh karne hain.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Reynolds Trimax price ?
    Sporty and Gold version me sirf cosmetic change h ya phir kuch ink/nid ka bhi fark h ?
  • Reynolds Trimax price ?
    Sporty and Gold version me sirf cosmetic change h ya phir kuch ink/nid ka bhi fark h ?

Reynolds trimax - Rs40 Pen, Rs20 refill

http://www.shaanstationery.com/image/catalog/reynolds/reynolds-trimax-pen.jpg
    image.png
    514 x 1001 - 581K
  • Please tell me if this Cartridge can be used in this Pilot V7 Liquid Ink Roller Ball Pen.
    No matter where we go, we take ourselves and our damage with us. ~S07E08
  • Is there anyone here who has used a fountain pen for the Mains exams? And has also experimented with ball/gel pens and can compare which is better for longer hours of writing?

And generally, are fountain pens helpful in improving handwriting?
  • pentel energel 0.7mm ball vs Rorito Jottek feathersoft
    which one is better
    मैं खड़ा हूँ उसी दोराहे पे, आज भी इंतज़ार में तेरे !
    या तो ज़िन्दगी आये तेरे लिबास में! या मैं चलूँ फिरदौस की तलाश में !!
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly