MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Any physics guy? what existed before big bang? just curiosity

Big bang theory says that universe was created through big explosion, called big bang. But if universe itself was created through explosion, what was there to 'explode'? How the first thing came into being when there was nothing?
God is great.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    not a physics guy but yes an enthusiast of this subject.....ans to your qs as i have seen in many documentaries that there existed nothing before big bang .....literally nothing....means no space and no time...but one thing is certain that there existed a singularity which caused big bang....no scientific evidence behind this....science has not been able to comprehend these things till now...but yes someday in future we will
  • @nikel if there was singularity means there was something b4 big bang. How did that singularity come into being?
    God is great.
  • Do not those who have not believed see that the Heavens and the Earth were single unit until We split them asunder? And then We made of water every living thing? Would they still not believe? (Quran 21:30)

“He (God) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth…” (Quran 6:101)

“Is not He who created the Heavens and the Earth able to create the likes of them? Yes; and He is the Knowing Creator. His command is only when He intends a thing that He says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 36:81-82)

• civilmep said:

Do not those who have not believed see that the Heavens and the Earth were single unit until We split them asunder? And then We made of water every living thing? Would they still not believe? (Quran 21:30)

“Is not He who created the Heavens and the Earth able to create the likes of them? Yes; and He is the Knowing Creator. His command is only when He intends a thing that He says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 36:81-82)

who created He(God)?
  • rogerthat said:

civilmep said:

Do not those who have not believed see that the Heavens and the Earth were single unit until We split them asunder? And then We made of water every living thing? Would they still not believe? (Quran 21:30)

who created He(God)?
    "He hath presided since time immemorial. He shall preside upon the end of the world. His existence is one not bound by time, since He Himself is the creator of time." (Ezekiel 25:17)
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • ^^ Adi shakti ; which enthusiasts may term energy
  • Btw nothing much is known or clear, even in theory, before the inflationary epoch. Cosmic Inflation is a hypothesis which states the mechanism for expansion after big bang between time 10 raised to minus 36 to time 10 raised to -33 seconds. Much of anything before this is very unclear and unresolvable by current knowledge.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • ^^ Adi shakti ; which whom enthusiasts may term energy

• Let stephen hawking explain it to you

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

Tdlr : we dont know , or it doesnt matter coz there was no time before bigbang

Do read
    once again HUSTLE
  • edited February 2017

Let stephen hawking explain it to you

Do read

It reminds me of a physics problem, where the quadratic in time(t) fetched imaginary roots
  • "God abhors naked singularity" - Hawking

You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
  • Na sat asit, na asat asit tadani

(ignore the rest of the shloka)

Before the beginning there was neither being nor non-being; neither existence nor non-existence. It wasn't a time or place. It just 'wasn't.' That was the real beginning.

The current hypothesis after that is -

Then came the branes and branes colliding gave rise to the big bang.
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
  • edited February 2017
    "God abhors naked singularity" - Hawking

If we rewind the the whole process of formation of universe,we reach big bang. If we still keep rewinding,we reach a situation of extraordinarily condensed, super mass. This situation is termed as singularity.Whole universe seems to be at a single point. But no one knows what that singularity is. At the size of singularity, classical physics, which we observe around ,doesn't work.It goes in the realm of Quantum. Now, in quantum world what would be nature of singularity is yet to be understood.
    There are theories though, but yet they are fantasies of physicists, which explain what was before big bang. One theory is called "Multiverse'. which says there are many universes in space time fabric and they are created and destroyed. our universe started with some collisions of such universes. Fantasy indeed !!!

Do read

It reminds me of a physics problem, where the quadratic in time(t) fetched imaginary roots
    Imaginary numbers - The WORST nomenclature decision in the history of mathematics. It imputes non-existence upon a very real entity. The fucking quantum wave function uses it for crying out loud!

Do read

Imaginary numbers - The WORST nomenclature decision in the history of mathematics. It imputes non-existence upon a very real entity. The fucking quantum wave function uses it for crying out loud!
    true....imaginary number is misnomer.....for existing entity ...which our senses fail to observe due to its limitations..... :sunglasses:
  • Sorry for the expletive. That term just badly ticks me off every time I read or hear it especially when I'm drunk and I don't even know what I'm doing on the forum at 12:32 am ist typing on my phone which is charging while I'm lying on my bed half asleep. Wtf did I just say?

F*** good morning and bye bye.
  • edited February 2017
    big bang theory is a old theory and discarded these days. Its place has been taken by contemporary theories about multiverses. There are parallel universes. There is no beginning or end of the universes. Because begining and end are two extreme points of time-and space. Outside the universe there is no time ....so the question "what existed before"cannot exist.
    referring to the last line , you can watch the movie "The arrival" ..

"old wine in new bottle"....in with state services.
  • edited March 2017
    big bang theory is a product of the abrahamic mind which is drenched in creationism. Even big bang theory purports to advance the idea that there was 'creation' although not by a creator but by a big bang. In contrast, the dharmic traditions speak of 'matter' and anti-matter (seshnag), and that both have existed eternally. And yes, but there is a 'ripple' effect which is essentially law of causality. So even if there was a big bang somewhere, then it was just another ripple producing event on the farbric of space time and in one location of the universe and not really an event out of which the whole universe came about.
  • Maybe the universe is of cyclic nature like after big bang it has been expanding at an unprecedented rate and at some point of time gravity will take over to shrunk down the total universe to single point ( singularity or state before the big bang) and cycle will start again and will continue for infinite number of times. It's might be a battle between the gravity and dark energy (one which thought to be causing expansion of universe). One who won the battle will decide future of universe. Currently it seems like the dark energy is winning the battle and universe is expanding. Maybe the universe will continue to expand infinitely and will lead to the event called big shredding. Big shredding is the event in which the material particles are separated from each other in such way that they are unable to form stars or planets.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog