Update 2[by pizza]
This is to bring notice to the respected members of this community that forumias does not tolerate any kind of indecent behavior from its users. Forumias has always stood for its objective, that is to provide a constructive platform for civil services examination aspirants to share knowledge and to discuss, develop upon their ideas.
In the past week, competent authorities of forumias have witnessed numerous violations of rules and code of conduct, which are explained in the link below, http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/381/new-to-forumias-please-read-this-first-rules-of-posting-in-the-forum#latest
In order to prevent such things in future and to set an example,
on behalf of the forumias has decided to pursue legal action against the below three usernames,
1. C****.Kumari [banned for posting explicit images] - Refer Rule 6 of General etiquette
2. Pindari [banned for posting explicit images] - Refer Rule 6 of General etiquette
3. HD2015 [banned for attempting to phish users and other such fraudulent/criminal activities]
Also, a few other usernames were banned for the following reasons(prima facie),
1. Nadaan_Parindaa and Lakshya2017 [banned for usage of indecent language] - Refer Rule 4 and 6 of General etiquette
There above two members are hereby warned to engage only in constructive activities and refrain from using any sort of indecent language/trolling. Please bear in mind that any protests have to voiced in a humble and lucid manner. Any sarcastic tone on serious threads will be treated as trolling and appropriate action will be taken.
Forumias wants to make it absolutely clear that any member, who is found to be violating the rules of the forum or the law of the land will be strictly reprimanded with a legal course of action. Any member who encourages or abets such things will face the same consequences.
Update 1: Some persons are indulging in the same activity again. The username used is "Pindari"
2) The IP does not trace to a real location.
3) ForumIAS will pursue Legal Action against the below accused and those who abet such crimes and post "forumias cant do anything" dont worryetc and provide loopholes or know how to do such stuff
4) We do not have to win the case. In such cases, normally the Police does a shoddy investigation and put the blame entirely on the accussed and it takes years for the accused to prove innocence. Why we hesitate to puruse such cases?
Because in the past , when we have decided to take action, the mother of the accused in one case and the father of the accused who are elderly and usually in 50s and 60s went through severe mental trauma.
It is a humiliating experience for us too.
The Police also says that the future of the candidate will be destroyed, so dont pursue, and rest is upto us.
We are in a dilemma because we know that even if the accused is not so much guilty, a round up to Police Station and Court will be enough to destroy his Civils / SSC/ Banking and Sarkari or TCS/ Wipro /Infosys job prospect.
But such persons have no shame and resume such activities when they are forgiven with new IDs.
Because there are certain members who encourage them - saying ForumIAS wont do anything, they use new methods to do it.
It is quite likely that they may not have done it this time. But when a theft happens, please remember that those who "known thiefs" or "proclaimed offenders" are caught and rounded up.
We may not be able to find out who really did it when you mask IPs. but you will be blamed for all that has happened via both known and unkwon IPs. It will be your responsibility to prove that it was not you.
Some people will argue that ForumIAS cannot win a case.
Remember two things
1) We dont have to win the case.We just have to put the proclaimed offener behind legal or police hurdle.That will take care of itself.
2) We get tremendous support from ForumIAS members who are serving in Indian Police Service in every single state in pursuit of such cases.
So we do not even need to goto a Police Station for such cases. ForumIAS members in IPS who are very senior in rank to an SHO ensure support at all levels.
So, as you may expect, we do not have any issues in filing FIRs. It is just because of sympathy that we do not do it.
And sympathy not for you, but for your parents, who are usually in their 50s and 60s.
The below IDs have been banned and a legal action is being taken against the below for posting indecent images and text hurtful to certain sections
Tathagat JNU email@example.com Banned, Member 4 days ago about 23 hours ago 220.127.116.11
****_kumari firstname.lastname@example.org Banned, Member about 16 hours ago about 15 hours ago 18.104.22.168
nadaan_parindaa email@example.com Member 2 months ago about 8 hours ago ***.136.204.245 ( IP address indicates that the user also used the profile lakshya2017)
lakshya2017 firstname.lastname@example.org Banned, Guest 12 days ago about 14 hours ago ***.136.204.245
If you are know any of these people personally , please send us details at email@example.com . This will help us put legal hurdles in their selection in any government examination or private sector job. Should serve as a warning.
In case you are a victim, please call us on +91-124- 4304728. In case you want to report the identity of persons involved for speedy investigation, please feel free to reach us.
The IPs will anyway be traced to the posters.