MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

SBI probation notice period

I am a SBI PO. I would like to quit but HR is saying that I need to serve for 3 months as notice period. But I am in hurry and can't pay the money for now. What should I do..should I leave/abscond for now

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Take 3 months Leave-without-Pay by citing some medical reason with a fake certificate.
    CAUTION: I am also a bank PO & have heard that they keep a doctor for each zone who recheck you if they are having any doubt.

Dont abscond as when you will join some other service, they'll come to know about your previous job by Universal Acc No. for PF- I have heard this, not sure.

Another solution for you. Don't resign- just take leave citing some worst medical reason! If you don't need this job, then definitely you don't have to worry about giving the medical certificate also.

My Question- I have already taken LWP for 11 days, I joined in Aug 2016 and my BM didn't ask any certificate for that (I cited the reason of my mother's health prob). Now I want to take 6 months leave for CSE citing some major health problem. Can you help me n give a good fever name which cannot be traced later by the Doctor or some other better reason for taking the leave?
  • HACKER said:

I am a SBI PO. I would like to quit but HR is saying that I need to serve for 3 months as notice period. But I am in hurry and can't pay the money for now. What should I do..should I leave/abscond for now

Agar tumhara probation period Chal rha h to tumhe notice period dene ki jaroorat nhi h. Notice period sirf confirm officers k liye jaroori h
    Sincerity, Dedication, Honesty
  • HACKER said:

you are on my way. I did the same you have these options:
    1. Serve 1 month notice period and save money for 2 remaining months you can pay the money.
    BTW are you from 2015 batch ?
    2. Runaway and keep sending them medical certificates, they will not do any harm for at least 6 months.
    3. Quit the SBI without either serving notice period or money and do not mention your job experience in future exams, my friend did this and peacefully working in IOCL now.

PS. I am also SBI PO-2015 batch.
  • @Fluid Was UAN present when your friend left SBI PO?
  • I am also working as PO (16 batch). Soon will quit, may be after mains result.
    "Unpredictable" Public Service Commission and Uncertain Future.
  • HACKER said:

Agar tumhara probation period Chal rha h to tumhe notice period dene ki jaroorat nhi h. Notice period sirf confirm officers k liye jaroori h
    bhai r u sure that notice period confirm logo ke lie hota hai
    i have also one frnd who has given resign in probation but he was asked for serving notice or paying bond
    chocolate is my life
  • @Fluid I just served for 1 month belongs to 2016 batch. (Selected 2015...asked for extension)
  • @Fluid have u r frnd just ran away from sbi
    or he was dismissed from job
    plz can u clarify me on this as i am having confusion i am also thinking of just running away from job
    chocolate is my life
  • Thank you brothers
  • @Mickeyvirus I think depression would be best solution for long absence
  • For SBI three months notice period or three months salary. I have resigned from the sbi and had to serve the notice period.. But you can go on LOP for a max of two months to avoid service break. Take lop then come back for some time, then again go :p
    intoxicated by the wine of love
  • choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

i have also one frnd who has given resign in probation but he was asked for serving notice or paying bond
    Bhai SBI m bond nhi hota h, rule book m clear h ki during probation notice period ki jarooat nhi hoti h aur nahi 3 month salary dene ki
  • no notice period for probationers.
    take a medical leave for some days and then keep bunking periodically.
    work in a manner so that hr itself accepts your resignation.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • Fluid said:

HACKER said:

you are on my way. I did the same you have these options:
    1. Serve 1 month notice period and save money for 2 remaining months you can pay the money.
    BTW are you from 2015 batch ?
    2. Runaway and keep sending them medical certificates, they will not do any harm for at least 6 months.
    3. Quit the SBI without either serving notice period or money and do not mention your job experience in future exams, my friend did this and peacefully working in IOCL now.

PS. I am also SBI PO-2015 batch.
    @Fluid @HACKER bhai vse milta kitna tha as fresher?
  • edited January 2017
    The notice period is compulsory even for the probationary officers, you need to serve a notice period of 3 months, or need to pay the equivalent gross salary. Or you can try a combination of both.

SBI PO 2015
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
  • choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

Bhai SBI m bond nhi hota h, rule book m clear h ki during probation notice period ki jarooat nhi hoti h aur nahi 3 month salary dene ki
    bhai bond nahi hota but you need to pay three months salary or three months notice for resignation. This is compulsory. Don't take risk of absconding as you will be joining Civil services and your record will be easily traceable. further if SBI dismisses you then you will be not eligible for any other government services. If you require 2-3 months leave then you can easily go on Leave without pay and join back the bank, nothing will happen.
  • choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

bhai bond nahi hota but you need to pay three months salary or three months notice for resignation. This is compulsory. Don't take risk of absconding as you will be joining Civil services and your record will be easily traceable. further if SBI dismisses you then you will be not eligible for any other government services. If you require 2-3 months leave then you can easily go on Leave without pay and join back the bank, nothing will happen.
    further if SBI dismisses you then you will be not eligible for any other government services. /// why you are creating new rules dear ? If SBI dismisses you then it is not a crime, This is SBI and not a court :D . yes one may face a little problem in interview as it will be a negative impression on them and nothing else. kitne pessimistic hote hain yar log, kuch bhi bolte hain.
  • Fluid said:

choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

further if SBI dismisses you then you will be not eligible for any other government services. /// why you are creating new rules dear ? If SBI dismisses you then it is not a crime, This is SBI and not a court :D . yes one may face a little problem in interview as it will be a negative impression on them and nothing else. kitne pessimistic hote hain yar log, kuch bhi bolte hain.
    bhai ye naya rule nahi hai...go through the staff regulation. Dismissal comes under the major penalty and if you are dismissed from the government services then you are not eligible for any other government services.
  • Fluid said:

choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

this is not pessismistic approach instead it is a cautionary approach....agar tayyari karnu hi hai toh job chod do...private sector mein bhag jao kuch nahi hota lekin government sector mein sab itna asan nahi hota....for you knowledge even if you are compulsory retired by the government employer you are not eligible for further government jobs...please go through SBI's officer regulation documents and you will find it there or just google it what dismissal means.....
    Bank of india 2011-2013; SBI Dec 2014-Aug-2015; RBI- Present
  • The notice period is compulsory even for the probationary officers, you need to serve a notice period of 3 months, or need to pay the equivalent gross salary. Or you can try a combination of both.

SBI PO 2015

Plz read rule book
  • Fluid said:

choco_dip said:

HACKER said:

bhai ye naya rule nahi hai...go through the staff regulation. Dismissal comes under the major penalty and if you are dismissed from the government services then you are not eligible for any other government services.

Let me explain in detail:
    Termination from the service is definitely highest possible punishment that can be given by any employer.
    It is of 2 types:
    1. Removal
    2. Dismissal
    Before understanding 1/2 we should also aware about this fact:
    No organization - private or public sector - will "fire" employees
    The reason for this is existing legislation that requires all companies/PSUs to hold proper quasi-judicial proceedings before they can mete out termination as a punishment. Failure to follow due process can and does get companies sued for wrongful termination.

What most companies (private & public) do instead is that they ask the employee to resign. Legally speaking, this is a completely different animal compared to firing somebody. It is extremely difficult to prove in court that you have been asked to resign, and the burden of proof here is entirely on the employee.

Now If in extreme case they terminate your service then still there are two options as I wrote above:
    1. Removal : That means you can still join any other govt job. reasons for removal are not following service conducts/rules blah.

2. Dismissal : Reason of your dismissal is so extreme that you can not further join any other govt job.
    Reason for dismissal must be some criminal conduct proven by some judicial authority.

so remaining absent from service can never lead to your dismissal although technically it me lead to your removal from organisation which is also unlikely.
  • hi all,

im a sbi po too, i hv given previous attempts at upsc while working in sbi... now i want 2 take a long break till nov 2017 mains and then re-join sbi....

suggest me what could be the possible ways??
    Jia Ho bihar K lala
  • Probationary officers are required to serve 1 month notice and confirmed people are required to serve a 3 month notice.However,HR people make you serve a 3 month notice even in your probation period.
    Your unavailed PLs can be counted to fulfil this notice period requirement.

Even if you go away,absconding without a proper resignation, dismissal is hardly a case.It takes years to happen the same.One of my colleagues is absonding from last 4 years and yet he has been served only 2 notices by SBI.He is the biggest Chu**a I have seen,is a another story though. :D
    Another friend just left the SBI and joined his previous IT job,without any NOC or work-ex letter.In private sector,it hardly matters until you tell them about previous work-ex.

Consult a good guy from your L&D.But don't open your cards unless you put your papers in proper format or abscond from your workplace.

And yes,EOL option also exists.But people are reluctant to grant it beyond 6 months.

Good Luck.

• Those who are worried about dismissal,shed these worries.

Most of the times,before dismissal,you are given an option to pay the salary and quit respectfully.

In the worst case,you can go to the court.People win their case against the banks quite often.

I would not advise to travel this messy path though.Rest depends on you.
  • No notice period in SBI or any bond..... Simply talk to your HR and give resignation
  • The notice period is compulsory even for the probationary officers, you need to serve a notice period of 3 months, or need to pay the equivalent gross salary. Or you can try a combination of both.

SBI PO 2015

Plz read rule book
    So, is there a notice period or not ?
  • Where is it written that the notice period for a PO in SBI, is 1 month??
  • People are discussing absconding and fooling authorities.... and then they'll write long, in-depth answers in ethics paper.
    God is great.
  • ramon said:

The notice period is compulsory even for the probationary officers, you need to serve a notice period of 3 months, or need to pay the equivalent gross salary. Or you can try a combination of both.

SBI PO 2015

Plz read rule book
    So, is there a notice period or not ?
    No notice period during probation. Notice period only for confirmed officers. Mostly people don't know about this rule. Plz read Kali kitaab( rule book)
  • JohnPaul said:

People are discussing absconding and fooling authorities.... and then they'll write long, in-depth answers in ethics paper.

yes, I do because i don't have 1.50 lakhs to pay. We are human being and each and everyone of us is unethical up to certain level, and hypocrite up to greatest level. I repeat each of us.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog