ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Interview Preparation: CSE 2016

Comments

• equaliser said:

I am dam serious yaar
    Is there anyone hang mentioned similar hobby

Yeah... i have mentioned cooking as hobby
    I have mentioned "watching cooking shows" as one of the hobbies.
    | History Optional |
  • equaliser said:

I am dam serious yaar

i also have cooking as a hobby. i will try to prepare a list of questions on cooking. so that we can discuss, if few people agree.

i also have journal writing as hobby. not expecting interview call, but we can come up with list of questions on that topic also.
  • Aniket said:

1. Playing chess
    2. Watching comedy movies

1. Tell me something about "anti chess" :p
    Good qsn. thank you
  • Mates, I have given internet surfing and cricket as hobbies. How should I approach to the internet surfing as a hobby? TIA.

Same here....I am also an aspiring yogic !!!
  • anjus said:

equaliser said:

I am dam serious yaar

i also have cooking as a hobby. i will try to prepare a list of questions on cooking. so that we can discuss, if few people agree.

i also have journal writing as hobby. not expecting interview call, but we can come up with list of questions on that topic also.
    surely, lets do that.
    | History Optional |
  • seed_15 said:

Ganz said:

SOMEBODY PLS HELP ...HOW TO DEFEND A 5 POINT CGPA?

Bhai cg is never 5 from sem 1. My CG after year1 was 8.6 and ended with 6.6..Hence it can be defended by saying..Scoring more marks never motivated me.. It did not proved the face value or love for engineering..May be in this way you can shift the debate to the faults of Indian Higher Education system and social value system.. where getting more marks are celebrated and consider as a ticket to good placement or PG but not necessarily learning..For example despite a SG of 5 and 5.5 in 3yd year ...I could manage a gate rank of 347 in final year..Here comparing ourselves with topper will not be a good impression..Just justify your stand..
    And because UPSC has no eligibility criterion..marks can never be the sole reason of poor interview marks.
    <3
  • Aniket said:

equaliser said:

Hey I have mentioned in hobby column that I like cooking in pastime. Now what should I do now

One of my friend had filled the same hobby in past interview. He was preparing for civil services for 3 years before going to the board doing no job. And the chairman of the board sarcastically said.. it's been 3 years that you have graduated. And you are doing nothing just cooking at home? :lol:
    Hey hey hey
    Luckily I am having a job
  • Ant_Man said:

anjus said:

equaliser said:

I am dam serious yaar

surely, lets do that.
    We can share probable questions.
    Also let me know what u people like to cook.
    Thanks
  • From Leh-Ladakh.
    What could be expected questions beside cliche Kashmir issue.

Senior players please enlighten me!!
    God is the poorest man on earth!!!
  • equaliser said:

I am dam serious yaar

Google various terms shallow frying.... steaming...baking....have asked such things in past....
    Codex amilenterius ke baare mein bhi
    Spelling may be wrong
    Thanks
  • Aniket said:

Football and playing guitar as hobbies pe questions Kya aa sakte hai ?

Which one is better? Arsenal or Tottenham?
    Neither.Chelsea are the kings of london
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • hi anyone written mains this time from jaipur here ?
  • peace said:

koi wo list dedo jisme sab rankers k subject wise marks the kisi thread pe thi i forgot

it had optional codes also i am unable to retrieve

@DrKingSchultz u should remember this 1 ? any links? cnt get it in dopt
    He is out there holding your hand...
  • @Ant_Man and others with cooking as hobby, ihave prepared some questions.. please contribute so that we have one questionnaire ready..

is there anyone doing journal writing as hobby? we can make some questions on that

pls view attachment

docx
    docx
    Questions on Cooking.docx
  • peace said:

peace said:

koi wo list dedo jisme sab rankers k subject wise marks the kisi thread pe thi i forgot

@peace , I have a downloaded file, but it won't get uploaded since the size is larger than 1MB. :/
    Someone did post a link here somewhere.
    Ser @Jaime_Lannister , @pizza @sss_2503 @andy133 , kuchh idea hai janaab?

In the meantime, agar kisi EE waale ka code aur marks chahiye toh I can write them here.

Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 5; Mains - 3*; Interview - 1; Rank - NA.
  • peace said:

peace said:

@peace , I have a downloaded file, but it won't get uploaded since the size is larger than 1MB. :/

In the meantime, agar kisi EE waale ka code aur marks chahiye toh I can write them here.

drive pe daal do if possible
    inbox me the link
    EE walo k rank yaad nhi beech beech me hain 3-4
  • @andysai can you help out here by contributing more questions?
  • Can anyone please share the link for last year's interview transcript page on the forum?
  • Can anyone please share the link for last year's interview transcript page on the forum?

i have been also looking for it, but seems sombudy has deleted it.. there ws some hacking on forum few months back..

pdf
    pdf
    UPSC-Interview-2013-2014-Transcripts-_Prof-David_.pdf
  • peace said:

peace said:

Ser @ Jaime_Lannister , @ pizza @ sss_2503 @ andy133 , kuchh idea hai janaab?

Had it for 2013 2014. Not 2015.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • peace said:

peace said:

http://persmin.gov.in/ais1/Docs/2015_Main_MarkSheet.pdf
    :trollface:
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • Burger said:

peace said:

peace said:

http://persmin.gov.in/ais1/Docs/2015_Main_MarkSheet.pdf
    :trollface:
    @Burger thanksssssssss
  • Extempore;Debate-What should i be preparing on these hobbies guys....SOME INPUTS?
  • Ganz said:

Extempore;Debate-What should i be preparing on these hobbies guys....SOME INPUTS?

Debate on demonetisation. . For and sgainst
  • What convincing reply to be given in the interview if asked about putting J&K and North Eastern states as the lower preference.
  • *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |

Thankyou..could have been more useful if 2015 transcripts were also there.
  • edited December 2016
    Neyawn said:

Guys,

@ anjus @ TheBigDaddy @ louislitt @ andysai @ integral_unity @ IWRA @ DrKingSchultz
    http://forumias.com/portal/optimising-your-time-after-mains-how-not-to-waste-your-career-in-2-months/

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. You are such a sane voice, Neyawn! B)

This will set our sail in the right direction. I have been doing the newspaper and CA part daily but very little on DAF part. That DAF thing and the diary of questions was a real eye opener.

Thanks for the article and thanks for the timely guidance at all the crucial stages of this exam.

Much obliged for your guidance. :smile:

The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.
  • @Neyawn What are those checklists regarding Mains sir?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog