ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Confused about attempts eligibility : SC Category Female Candidate

Hello, I'm a female SC candidate my DOB is 12/9/1980, can anyone exactly tell me how much attempts i am left with for appearing in CSP. I know next year I can give the exam, but not sure about 2018. Your response will be highly appreciated. @Neyawn @rookie

Comments

• Hey hungry bro, u are eligible for both 17. U will cross 37 already by next year. So, ineligbile for 18.
    Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
  • But, age is counted on 1st Aug, of each year, right? Age limit for SC is 37. So next year, i'll be 37 on sept hence can write it, as i'll be 36 running on 1st Aug on 2017. But the following year too, i'll be running 37 as of 1st Aug 2018, wouldn't have crossed it. So I should be eligible right? @TatkalService
  • But, age is counted on 1st Aug, of each year, right? Age limit for SC is 37. So next year, i'll be 37 on sept hence can write it, as i'll be 36 running on 1st Aug on 2017. But the following year too, i'll be running 37 as of 1st Aug 2018, wouldn't have crossed it. So I should be eligible right? @TatkalService

Yes, you are right partially. You are not yet 37, that's why you are eligible for next year.

But by September *as per your dob*, you will have attained 37 already, and so, you will be running towards 38 in 2018.

There's a difference between 36+ and 37+.

36+ is inclusive of 37, which you will be finally by September of next year.

37+ is inclusive of 38, and this makes you ineligible for 2018.

• For SCs, eligibility is upto 37 years, not a day beyond it. Just like for general it is upto 32 years and not a day beyond it. atb.
  • @TatkalService bro is right... U were born after aug and thus u are eligible next year and after that ull cross 37..

I too was affected by this as im oct 1995 born.. They said i cant attempt in 2016..

all the best...
    We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog