All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Important : FIR Registered against trouble makers : Please read carefully

edited September 2016 in Miscellaneous
Dear Members,

Over the last few weeks, there have been numerous cased of attempts to hack and data deletion by trouble makers. We took every opportunity to communicate with the trouble makers not to show mischievous behavior, harass members, attempt to hack or delete data.

We identified the IPs and traced the person involved and tried reaching them. However, most of the times, they would promise good behaviour but after few days, like a school child, felt that "ForumIAS" or "X Person" did not file a police complaint so "they cannot file a police complaint" and resorted to the same again.

This is to inform you that ForumIAS / Directors of ForumIAS / victimised persons has filed two First Information Reports againts

1) Harassment in violation of existing laws
2) Hacking and attempt to delete data amounting to commercial loss

Despite our best efforts, we failed to convince errant members from not indulging in either.

Some of the acts have caused have caused immense damage to ForumIAS's reputation as well as mental trauma to victims.

On a personal note, we just want to tell you that parents of one of the persons who was involved in such acts , parents have pleaded with us and have fallen sick. At the age of sixty years.

We have not tried to draw our own inference, but merely passed on user log information to the Cyber Crimes Department, who will act on the basis of it.

We thank ForumIAS members in the IPS for assiting us in the same.

Please understand that whatever you do here in the name of fun, may cause immense trauma to your parents and near and dear ones when you get caught. It almost becomes suicidal for parents, especially if you do not have a criminal history in the family.

So do not put yourself, in trouble and think about your parents.

We have been forced to act, because despite repeated warnings, people have failed to listen, and this should set an example for the future.

The victims and persons involved names are being kept confidential .

ForumIAS will fully support the investigation and will reserve all rights to protect both the rights of its female members as well data integrity and commercial losses due to data deletion.

Please behave responsibly.

Thank you.
root

Comments

• Very good....some people learn it the hard way.I am surprised and worried if such people get through the exam.
  • Good
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • omg fir
    chocolate is my life
  • Oh really.good one.
  • Good Job Forum IAS
  • who was harassing whom??
    can we have the details please??
    what form of targeted harassment was going on??
    Pre=2 Mains=2015 Optional=Political Science
  • Roger That ! Good Job btw B)
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • @taliban be careful
    chocolate is my life
  • Finally. Thank you. And keep up with this in the future for recalcitrant trolls as well.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • How silly of people to play games with ForumIAS. I mean, the platform breeds and makes top officers of India. What were they thinking? :smiley:
  • Good work....this kind of behavior is not expected from civil services aspirants
  • P.s. Once they're convicted, do name and shame them and their families. They needs to be thoroughly exposed. This would boost the deterrence.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • edited September 2016
    Etat said:

P.s. Once they're convicted, do name and shame them and their families. They needs to be thoroughly exposed. This would boost the deterrence.

but he is already named.. mr pramanik

dada everyone thought u were the one haah!
    but soon things got clarified..

seriously these eve teasers should be punished

and frm what we have seen.. he was uploading her no. and all.. so shameful
  • edited September 2016
    Etat said:

P.s. Once they're convicted, do name and shame them and their families. They needs to be thoroughly exposed. This would boost the deterrence.

Really..didnt expect from you..If a person does something without letting their family know....how come their family is responsible for their act..Ek banda ladki ke sath misbehave karega to aap uske parents ,uske bahen bhai ko naam kharab karoge...kisi k ghar me nahi sikhate ki tum ladkiyon ko chedo ya koi aur criminal activity karo.... :angry:
  • Etat said:

I disagree. Shaming the person should be done but why their family? Family would already be in such a trauma because of that person, please do not traumatise them more by shaming them. This is a ridiculous advice @Etat
  • Pathology has rendered Dada nihilist. :tongue:
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Etat said:

but he is already named..

He is not the only one. There are other people fooling around too.

If you think you are using tor browser and untraceable , please don't think so. Your ISP knows you use tor browser . It is enough to hold you guilty.

Also lets not name people as of now.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • andy133 said:

Etat said:

I disagree. Shaming the person should be done but why their family? Family would already be in such a trauma because of that person, please do not traumatise them more by shaming them. This is a ridiculous advice @Etat
    true that.. especially on thay hacking part
    fake page wala pagal kahika

i seriously don't think ki hacking me toh family kaise aayi beech me? gs 4 apply kerte hai

but i dont understand this hacking scene
  • Yaar maaf kar do iss baar......
    Haan iske baad koi fir se Aisa kare to chorna mat..... Sab student honge bechare.
  • Neyawn said:

Etat said:

If you think you are using tor browser and untraceable , please don't think so. Your ISP knows you use tor browser . It is enough to hold you guilty.

isp tor browser sab kaaa hai?? seedhe bataiye sirrr
  • ^^^ main kuch aisa hi bolne wala tha. Par jiske sath hua uska hi decision h isliye nhi bola
    London main barish bata ke nahi aati
  • andy133 said:

Etat said:

i seriously don't think ki hacking me toh family kaise aayi beech me? gs 4 apply kerte hai

Please provide usernames of all profiles that were trying phishing or showing off hacking skills.

Despite warnings, they have not stopped . All it will need is one person going to jail to bring back peace.

It takes a lot of time to trace people and issue individual warnings. After that if you don't file a police complaint, they think "ForumIAS" can't do anything.

ForumIAS doesn't do anything because if you goto jail , your family suffers first.

But it is impossible to tell people without setting an example.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • dallu said:

Yaar maaf kar do iss baar......
    Haan iske baad koi fir se Aisa kare to chorna mat..... Sab student honge bechare.

Like root said, forumias has taken decision only after giving them sufficient warnings. I guess this had to be done. These kind of things have been going on since long and a lot of good people who contributed immensely had to quit forum.
  • Neyawn said:

andy133 said:

Etat said:

Please provide usernames of all profiles that were trying phishing or showing off hacking skills.

Despite warnings, they have not stopped . All it will need is one person going to jail to bring back peace.

It takes a lot of time to trace people and issue individual warnings. After that if you don't file a police complaint, they think "ForumIAS" can't do anything.

ForumIAS doesn't do anything because if you goto jail , your family suffers first.

i am. not understanding at all.. fir is filed after complaint is filed... so you can file fir on just ip address?? because people come on fake name so ip address is enough? please enlighten
  • Neyawn said:

andy133 said:

Etat said:

i am. not understanding at all.. fir is filed after complaint is filed... so you can file fir on just ip address?? because people come on fake name so ip address is enough? please enlighten
    FIR is not filed against IP Address man!

It is filed against *unknown persons*. It is the police's job to find out who that is after going through logs. Its not that difficult as ISPs and Mobile companies share details once there is an FIR, which they don't share with , say, ForumIAS.

• Neyawn said:

Etat said:

So using a TOR browser is enough to hold one guilty? :o Nvr heard of it before..!

If possible, please upload the copy of FIR blurring the name of the accused and the victim of course..!

Good Work in btw @root :)
    “Sometimes, it’s wise to be foolish”

2015: Cleared Prelims.
    2016: Cleared Prelims.
    2017: Cleared Mains.
    2018: Cleared Mains.
  • Neyawn said:

Neyawn said:

andy133 said:

Etat said:

FIR is not filed against IP Address man!

It is filed against *unknown persons*. It is the police's job to find out who that is after going through logs. Its not that difficult as ISPs and Mobile companies share details once there is an FIR, which they don't share with , say, ForumIAS.

logs?? you mean server of forumias was hacked?? or you have given moderator ship to police lolwa.. btw bro. hows ur dengue
  • Kek said:

Neyawn said:

Etat said:

So using a TOR browser is enough to hold one guilty? :o Nvr heard of it before..!

If possible, please upload the copy of FIR blurring the name of the accused and the victim of course..!

Good Work in btw @root :)
    Why would you want that? So that you re read the whole story with screenshots and make the person who had to undergo it go through the whole thing again. All persons involved are members here.

I hope you understand that this is a serious issue.
  • Good shot @ForumIAS !!!.. let the bastards bear the burnt of their misdoings :)
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google