BBB tags 75 senior officers for leadership roles in PSBs SC to hear petition to end write-offs Chemists and druggists are passe;from now, all will be pharmacies As UK climate protest grows, Emma Thompson, teen joins in India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

OBC NCL candidates: Income certificate for DAF

Hi, my mother didn't file for her I-T return for the 2013-14 but filed for 2014-15 and 2015-16. But since UPSC asks for last 3 years' I-T return as income proof, what shall I write in DAF? Will my application be liable for rejection? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Is your mom a home maker? If yes, then there is no worry. But if she is working, I guess you would have to ask UPSC. In my opinion it will not matter much. But to be on safeside drop them a mail after DAF comes out.
    Ahista chal ae jindagi abhi, kai karz chukana baki hai.
  • Haider said:

Is your mom a home maker? If yes, then there is no worry. But if she is working, I guess you would have to ask UPSC. In my opinion it will not matter much. But to be on safeside drop them a mail after DAF comes out.

She is not a home-maker but in insurance industry. But salary too low for filing I-T return.
  • Hi, my mother didn't file for her I-T return for the 2013-14 but filed for 2014-15 and 2015-16. But since UPSC asks for last 3 years' I-T return as income proof, what shall I write in DAF? Will my application be liable for rejection? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Try to get a Income Certificate from your Tehsil. They give it for 3 years income. I have used that, and didn't face a problem.
    Beyond all this, the wish to be alone:
    Beneath it all, the desire for oblivion runs:
  • Hi, my mother didn't file for her I-T return for the 2013-14 but filed for 2014-15 and 2015-16. But since UPSC asks for last 3 years' I-T return as income proof, what shall I write in DAF? Will my application be liable for rejection? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Try to get a Income Certificate from your Tehsil. They give it for 3 years income. I have used that, and didn't face a problem.
    Thanks ma'am. I'll do that.
  • Hi Guys,

Regarding that income certificate
    My father is a pensioner with disability pension due to which he has no TDS. I don't have ITR-Vs as there was no Income Tax and IT Return
    What to be done in this case ?
    Also do we need ITR-Vs for homemaker mother

Really tensed
    Help will be appreciated
    The real work gets done behind the scenes, Competition is the easy part - Usain Bolt
  • Hi Guys,

My father is a pensioner with disability pension due to which he has no TDS. I don't have ITR-Vs as there was no Income Tax and IT Return

Really tensed
    Help will be appreciated

I think you shud get the I-T return for pension as well, because UPSC will definitely ask for some proof. And for mother house-wife, PAN card shud be enough in my opinion.

If you submit income certificate, do u still need a pan card ? My mother being a house wife does not have pan card as such ...

What proof we need to submit incase mother is housewife? Last time I remember upsc sent letters asking for mothers income proof
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • stonecold said:

Hi, my mother didn't file for her I-T return for the 2013-14 but filed for 2014-15 and 2015-16. But since UPSC asks for last 3 years' I-T return as income proof, what shall I write in DAF? Will my application be liable for rejection? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

If you submit income certificate, do u still need a pan card ? My mother being a house wife does not have pan card as such ...
    Not at the time of mains form. But when you make it in the final list, apparently DoPT is asking for the PAN. So you'll have to get it by then.
  • aman131 said:

What proof we need to submit incase mother is housewife? Last time I remember upsc sent letters asking for mothers income proof
    I haven't heard about that, so not sure.
    But yes a lot of people said they did ask for mother's PAN after the final selection.
  • Mitron , OBC NCL ka format he kya kisi k pas??
    Upsc ne change kiya tha is sal
  • stonecold said:

Not at the time of mains form. But when you make it in the final list, apparently DoPT is asking for the PAN. So you'll have to get it by then.
    Oh do they specifically ask for pan or for income proof??? Because I heard some one in forum whose mother was a house wife and had no pan had submitted income certificate with zero income . So in normal case income certificate should suffice right ?? Only people filing IT returns might have to submit pan right ?
  • My father is retired last year from bak officer scale2, no pension he got PF fund and intrest of <5lac per annum is I m in OBC NCL
  • Hi Guys,

Really tensed
    Help will be appreciated

I think you shud get the I-T return for pension as well, because UPSC will definitely ask for some proof. And for mother house-wife, PAN card shud be enough in my opinion.
    My dad retired from army in 2008 and his pension plus total income hasn't crossed the limit for NCL in any year from all sources (like equity trading ,interest on deposits etc) , so what documents shall I obtain? Also my mother is a housewife.. @DrKingSchultz @Neyawn
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • Would i also need to take income certificate ?
    I have a OBC NCL certificate already.
    my dad does agriculture and mom works as a govt school teacher.
    History Optional
    "Let the fear find you again "
  • I have OBC NCL certificate issued ON 01/2015 is it sufficient? father's IT RETURN also to attached in DAF? my father dose not file it.
    MAINS-2016, 2017
  • bro what if applied as non creamy layer in prelims but if failed to get income certicicate as income is exceeding 5l???can i change now as creamy layer??whats the process???
  • i guess personal income is not considered...found it from mrunal.tq
  • if that last 3 years aggregate income has to below 6 lakh or only last years? for obc non creamy layer
    be positive always
  • bro what if applied as non creamy layer in prelims but if failed to get income certicicate as income is exceeding 5l???can i change now as creamy layer??whats the process???

If you got the marks above general category cutoff, no problem they will count you in, otherwise upsc doesnt allow change of catrgy in middle of examination, it is written in notification.
  • edited September 2016
    income from salary and income from other sources count separately and both r not more than 6 lakhs in previous 3 years( 2015-16, 15-14, 14-13) for private employment psu bank etc

for govt employees status( group a b c d) matter not salary
  • guys creamy layer limit how much???6lakh?
  • MSD2016 said:

income from salary and income from other sources count separately and both r not more than 6 lakhs in previous 3 years( 2015-16, 15-14, 14-13) for private employment psu bank etc

for govt employees status( group a b c d) matter not salary

Yes thats the criterion but @MSD2016 I have read somewhere that this dopt clubbed income from salary and other sources. Correct me if iam wrong
  • guys creamy layer limit how much???6lakh?

;) you should atleast know this..it is 6 lakhs .
  • edited September 2016
    aman131 said:

guys creamy layer limit how much???6lakh?

;) you should atleast know this..it is 6 lakhs .
    hehe super
  • charwaka said:

if that last 3 years aggregate income has to below 6 lakh or only last years? for obc non creamy layer

If atleast one of the last 3 years income is less than 6 lakh thn u r ncl
  • income from fixed deposits, rent etc will come under other sources.
  • Can you guys please share the income certificate format ? Thanks
    I have promises to keep.
  • Income certificate complsurory hai kya? Mere dad feriwale hai..and mother housewive hai..income 1-1.5 lac hi hoti hai..so tax nhi bharte..to mujhe income certificate lagega? If yes? then kaha se banega? Jan 2016 me hi new formate me OBC certificate banay hai..and uspe mention hai ki creamy layer me nahi aata..
    IAS...only for u...
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google