ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

upsc members house raided by cbi on corruption charges

dear friend an imp news... today cbi raided house of upsc member chhattar singh. few months back a k singh was forced to resign from upsc on money laundering charges... wts ur perspective on this news

Comments

• purane paap honge inke
  • Ethics, morality, organised religion, notions of excellence like smartness, talent, ivy league institutes etc. are tools in the hand of rich and powerful to beat the plebian with. Ethics, morality, religion and God are just the refuge of the weak. These notions aren't meant for powerful. These notions make sure that a large majority of people just melt away their one and only life chasing some ephemeral ideals like goodness, piety, chastity etc.

I have this firm belief but I desist from saying this coz everytime I put this forward in a group some naive guy jumps to take a high moral ground. And it is very difficult to argue against the charge of cynicism which slowly morphs into ad-hominem. Recently some guy on Forum too started a thread on 'increasing maturity level' and he too conflated cynicism with 'immaturity', if I remember correctly.

And every now and then I'm proven right. In this case UPSC members, who judge adults (CSE aspirants) are themselves caught in unethical acts. Day in and day out we find powerful people indulging in chillar immoral and stupid acts and yet we somehow repose faith in public ethics.

Perhaps ethics is just meant for scoring in GS-4 and then forgotten...
  • edited September 2016
    apart from them, i am pretty sure that ethics paper examiner him/her self is an unethical person...
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • pks11630 said:

Ethics, morality, organised religion, notions of excellence like smartness, talent, ivy league institutes etc. are tools in the hand of rich and powerful to beat the plebian with. Ethics, morality, religion and God are just the refuge of the weak. These notions aren't meant for powerful. These notions make sure that a large majority of people just melt away their one and only life chasing some ephemeral ideals like goodness, piety, chastity etc.

I have this firm belief but I desist from saying this coz everytime I put this forward in a group some naive guy jumps to take a high moral ground. And it is very difficult to argue against the charge of cynicism which slowly morphs into ad-hominem. Recently some guy on Forum too started a thread on 'increasing maturity level' and he too conflated cynicism with 'immaturity', if I remember correctly.

And every now and then I'm proven right. In this case UPSC members, who judge adults (CSE aspirants) are themselves caught in unethical acts. Day in and day out we find powerful people indulging in chillar immoral and stupid acts and yet we somehow repose faith in public ethics.

+1000
  • pks11630 said:

Ethics, morality, organised religion, notions of excellence like smartness, talent, ivy league institutes etc. are tools in the hand of rich and powerful to beat the plebian with. Ethics, morality, religion and God are just the refuge of the weak. These notions aren't meant for powerful. These notions make sure that a large majority of people just melt away their one and only life chasing some ephemeral ideals like goodness, piety, chastity etc.

Very true.. I agree..
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • Bc.. Humara ethics ka test lete hain and they themselves have lost it every bit.
    Bhaiyon, it's only a Paper 4, zyaada serious hokar mat padh lena :p :p
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • apart from them, i am pretty sure that ethics paper examiner him/her self is an unethical person...

:D
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • pks11630 said:

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it.
    Always.
    - Mahatma Gandhi
  • edited September 2016
    Yahan jo ethics ki baat kar rahe hai wo khud itne frustated log hai ki kisi ko paise kamte nahi dekh sakte, inme se kuch log kal Ias, ips etc ban jayengay aur phir khud ethics bhul kar corruption karengay , uske kuch saal bad inka bhi naam ese hi ayega newspaper. Beta jab paise bolta hai to ethics wethics sab dhara ke dhara reh jata hai, to in logo ki kya galati. Its human nature aur ethics is not a part of human nature, yeh sab plato, socrates ke dimag ki upaj thi in logo ki kyunki zindagi mein ethics naam ka kuch nahi hai sab moh maya hai.
  • i will decide whats ethical for me..why others should?
  • Ne0 said:

pks11630 said:

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it.
    Always.
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    History is written by victor
    "ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants"
  • Chaatar Singh jaise log interview k time pe aise baithe huwe honge room pe jaie ki inse jyada honest log iss desh mein hain hi nahin. During the interview, he might even narrate how he was moved by the sight of a mother feeding her children while she herself went hungry, when he was on his first posting as Asst Collector of XYZ district. Hypocrisy se main thak chuka hoon...
  • Morality is the principle by which you would like to see world work by, but economics is that actually drives it!!
  • Pata nahi kitne bachho ki future barbad ki hogi isne...I wonder how many of these narrow minded people with huge egos sleep well without any remorse knowing fully well they could have been a little more kind to some nervous young man or woman during the interview....
    Stay Classy ...Stay Genuine
  • Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Only few days back i read news about corrupt psc members.I think it our silence which is making them more comfortable.If we know about some thief we criticize that person ,always look down upon him.But even though we know about such corrupt people we never treat them same way .In fact they walk in the so called" society"with pride.
    I think stealing is far more better than corruption.
    But even then I know truth will always reveal itself. For all of you my friends i would say" we can choose things but we cannot choose its consequences"
  • Ne0 said:

pks11630 said:

Always.
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanks sir... nit in life...but these line will surely help in gs4.... m memorising these lines
  • Ne0 said:

pks11630 said:

Always.
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanks sir... nit in life...but these line will surely help in gs4.... m memorising these lines
    Alexander the great was a murderer but is remembered as the greatest Man of all time,same goes for all bloody conquerors and invaders from mohd bin quasim to babur and obviously ghenghis khan.Most of these were also brutal tyrants.And as someone pointed out even their glories don't mean much as histories have always been written by the victors.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • Yes,one doesn't need to be ethical to top gs4 it only needs mugging up theory and rigorous practice of case studies apparently.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • I think,we as a society are failing.We respect and worship corrupt business tycoons and wealthy people .In our society,rich people are regarded as gods in human form and society is pre occupied with material success. Everyone only aspire for getting a good job,settling in america,marrying a wealthy and fair girl,eating in KFC and MAC DONALDS,Flaunting with apple phone and Ipad.A poor man would be treated like a street dog in india.I have seen this many times in reality.So,its not the fault of chattar singh or any corrupt official.Its just money is given foremost preference in our society and so people go to any extent to acquire it.Even our friends would not respect us if we are jobless or earn less.Thats the sad truth.
  • Great.I feel so

Ne0 said:

pks11630 said:

Always.
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    Alexander the great was a murderer but is remembered as the greatest Man of all time,same goes for all bloody conquerors and invaders from mohd bin quasim to babur and obviously ghenghis khan.Most of these were also brutal tyrants.And as someone pointed out even their glories don't mean much as histories have always been written by the victors.

Great bro.Its true.
  • pks11630 said:

Absolutely true, Everything is just a sham.

• He would come out very easily and continue living his luxurious lifestyle even if he is pushed into Gaol or else he would be released, siting lack of proper evidence.Everyone of us know it very well.This is just a farce.Remember ,Tamilnadu CM Jayalalitha case.
  • Jinke ghar sheeshe ke hote hain, woh batti bujha ke kapde badalte hain Chattar Singh
  • chattar singh( appointed by upa) and pk joshi ( appointed by nda) everyone know what they r

p k joshi mppsc aur cgpsc me kandh me kandh kiye hai :) :)
  • again our beloved bassi saheb :) :)
  • arunnt said:

I think,we as a society are failing.We respect and worship corrupt business tycoons and wealthy people .In our society,rich people are regarded as gods in human form and society is pre occupied with material success. Everyone only aspire for getting a good job,settling in america,marrying a wealthy and fair girl,eating in KFC and MAC DONALDS,Flaunting with apple phone and Ipad.A poor man would be treated like a street dog in india.I have seen this many times in reality.So,its not the fault of chattar singh or any corrupt official.Its just money is given foremost preference in our society and so people go to any extent to acquire it.Even our friends would not respect us if we are jobless or earn less.Thats the sad truth.

You are apparently a sociology student of Mohapatra sir!
  • arunnt said:

I think,we as a society are failing.We respect and worship corrupt business tycoons and wealthy people .In our society,rich people are regarded as gods in human form and society is pre occupied with material success. Everyone only aspire for getting a good job,settling in america,marrying a wealthy and fair girl,eating in KFC and MAC DONALDS,Flaunting with apple phone and Ipad.A poor man would be treated like a street dog in india.I have seen this many times in reality.So,its not the fault of chattar singh or any corrupt official.Its just money is given foremost preference in our society and so people go to any extent to acquire it.Even our friends would not respect us if we are jobless or earn less.Thats the sad truth.

I get what u want to say Bro but it's not the case with each and every person and friend...most of my friends are very supportive even though I haven't got a post yet... Though there are few who have changed their behavior but atleast I have realised who will stand by me when I genuinely need them...and I will forever be grateful to these people who have shown to me that not everything is lost in humanity...
    Stay Classy ...Stay Genuine
  • So this proves that ethics, morality, integrity, honesty etc. are just for getting good marks in GS 4
  • abhi4046 said:

arunnt said:

I get what u want to say Bro but it's not the case with each and every person and friend...most of my friends are very supportive even though I haven't got a post yet... Though there are few who have changed their behavior but atleast I have realised who will stand by me when I genuinely need them...and I will forever be grateful to these people who have shown to me that not everything is lost in humanity...

dude... thats because many of them may have that gut feeling ki honjayega iska... and they may be investing in you just maybe
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google